Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 166182 times)

Offline The General

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #405 on: January 13, 2020, 07:55:08 AM »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Lace

« Reply #406 on: January 13, 2020, 08:08:52 AM »
What of early stages then?

Pig doesn't emit the same smell as humans during the other stages only at the final stages  -

After we die, our rotting bodies release specific types of gases into the environment. When a body goes missing, dogs can sniff for these gases to track it down. But forensic scientists are still trying to nail down the exact “smell of death” that is unique to humans. Now, a team in Belgium has identified seven compounds that only pigs and people produce late into decomposition.

Offline Lace

« Reply #407 on: January 13, 2020, 08:14:22 AM »
dogs used  at airports alert to 100s of  things     

I hear this argument a lot.   Yes dogs at airports can alert to bombs and drugs etc.   but the handlers of these dogs can produce drugs and bombs for these dogs to get acquainted with the smell of these items,  the handlers of cadaver dogs can't get hold of a dead body to train the cadaver dog so easily.   Scientists are still trying to find out exactly what a cadaver smells like.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 10:00:45 AM by Robittybob1 »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #408 on: January 13, 2020, 08:16:53 AM »
Stings, doesn't it. Being wrong and admitting it to yourself. That's the hard part.

Unlesss you or others can show that every high court judge in the UK regards the alerts as admissible evidence...then I've plainly won the argumnet

Offline The General

« Reply #409 on: January 13, 2020, 08:40:57 AM »
Unlesss you or others can show that every high court judge in the UK regards the alerts as admissible evidence...then I've plainly won the argumnet
So you've decided to forget about the 'admissibility' aspect as a concept, as you know you've lost that battle, and decided to winkle out a blanket statement that you're pretty sure is unverifiable; attack from that angle. Nice strategy, but utterly transparent and futile.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #410 on: January 13, 2020, 08:46:54 AM »
So you've decided to forget about the 'admissibility' aspect as a concept, as you know you've lost that battle, and decided to winkle out a blanket statement that you're pretty sure is unverifiable; attack from that angle. Nice strategy, but utterly transparent and futile.

No.. I've answered the point raised... If the claim is unverifiable which you have confirmed... It should be withdrawn.  Your continued pathetic personal attacks show I'm clearly winning the argument

Offline The General

« Reply #411 on: January 13, 2020, 08:54:33 AM »
No.. I've answered the point raised... If the claim is unverifiable which you have confirmed... It should be withdrawn.  Your continued pathetic personal attacks show I'm clearly winning the argument

Pathetic..

Hmmmm. Awkward.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #412 on: January 13, 2020, 08:56:19 AM »
Hmmmm. Awkward.

You agree the the point is unverifiable yet the poster compounded it by claiming his pathetic response was a cite.
What's the problem with that

Offline The General

« Reply #413 on: January 13, 2020, 09:35:08 AM »
You agree the the point is unverifiable yet the poster compounded it by claiming his pathetic response was a cite.
What's the problem with that
I do agree that throwaway remark is unverifiable; a fact which I'm pretty sure the poster was aware of.
He / she is probably unaware of the pedantic nature of some. He / she is now.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #414 on: January 13, 2020, 09:45:48 AM »
I do agree that throwaway remark is unverifiable; a fact which I'm pretty sure the poster was aware of.
He / she is probably unaware of the pedantic nature of some. He / she is now.

It wasn't a throw away remark... If it was the poster, wouldnt have tried to provide a cite

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #415 on: January 13, 2020, 09:59:32 AM »
Seems it is.

https://www.aftermath.com/content/body-decomposition-smell/

Answering the question, “what does a dead body smell like?” can be difficult if you have never been around a dead body before. However, some people compare the putrid stench of a decomposing body to that of rotting fruit. When someone dies, the body immediately begins the decomposition process and the smell of death begins. Microorganisms create and emit various gases during the stages of human decomposition, which all combine to cause the smell of a cadaver.
"the body immediately begins the decomposition process"  but is not immediately detectable from the evidence I've seen.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #416 on: January 13, 2020, 10:03:59 AM »
"the body immediately begins the decomposition process"  but is not immediately detectable from the evidence I've seen.

And also from the evidence/cite provided

Offline Lace

« Reply #417 on: January 13, 2020, 10:07:55 AM »

It is only at the later stages of decomposition that the compounds in a rotting pig emits a gas that smells like the gas of a human cadaver also in the later stages of decomposition.   Therefore Eddie didn't scent cadaver in 5a as no way if Madeleine had died in 5a would she have been in the later stages of decomposition before removed from 5a.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #418 on: January 13, 2020, 10:09:54 AM »
It is only at the later stages of decomposition that the compounds in a rotting pig emits a gas that smells like the gas of a human cadaver also in the later stages of decomposition.   Therefore Eddie didn't scent cadaver in 5a as no way if Madeleine had died in 5a would she have been in the later stages of decomposition before removed from 5a.

Absolutely ...that's why sceptics try to say it's detectable immediately

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #419 on: January 13, 2020, 10:10:19 AM »

As dogs can smell things that humans can't, it's possible that dogs can detect the scent immediately.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0