Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 166132 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #705 on: March 03, 2020, 01:33:44 PM »
The second witness was Martin Grime of the United Kingdom. He is occasionally contracted by the U.S. government and is a qualified expert in cadaver dogs.

Grime displayed five videos of his search dog “Eddie,” trained to search for human decomposition. The videos, filmed at the LaFayette Police Department during September 2007, displayed the dog’s ability to pick up on alert scents

There is a lot of documented footage showcasing Eddie's skills so no need to worry when this case goes to trial  ?{)(**

We've seen him in action in the field.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #706 on: March 03, 2020, 01:40:28 PM »
I have given the cites before.

There are stages of decomposition.   Gases are given off in each one of the stages.   Each stage smells differently.

So how long had the piglets that Grime trained Eddie with been dead?

As I understand it scientists are unable to identify the substances emitted by dead bodies. If they could they'd be able to reproduce the scents. The scientist you quoted identified only 8, I think. Additionally, the dogs are trained initially on pig cadavers. As they work they learn more about the target scents. Eddie was a very experienced dog.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #707 on: March 03, 2020, 01:47:15 PM »
As I understand it scientists are unable to identify the substances emitted by dead bodies. If they could they'd be able to reproduce the scents. The scientist you quoted identified only 8, I think. Additionally, the dogs are trained initially on pig cadavers. As they work they learn more about the target scents. Eddie was a very experienced dog.

eddie found one or two cadavers in operations.....was used in 37 cases over 5 or six years. I dont seetaht as particularly experienced

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #708 on: March 05, 2020, 01:39:02 PM »
rose, edwards, harron, collier are 4 for starters.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #709 on: March 05, 2020, 03:09:55 PM »
rose, edwards, harron, collier are 4 for starters.
Link for Rose and Collier

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #710 on: March 05, 2020, 07:51:31 PM »
In March, 2002, they played a major role in locating the body of Barnsley murder victim 21-year-old Shane Collier. Even though his body had been cut up into parts and buried five months earlier, the dogs found them in a remote woodland in Cumbria. The South Yorkshire police dogs Frankie and Eddie and their handlers now work as part of the special search unit operation by the National Crime and Operations Faculty.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/whats-on/out-and-about/dogs-find-body-parts-of-murder-victim-1-320914
http://eddieandkeela.blogspot.com/2010/06/eddie-and-martin-grime.html

FBI consultant Martin Grime told the High Court in Glasgow he and his springer spaniels Eddie, Keela and Morse were called in by police in the hunt for Bob Rose, who disappeared on the island of Sanday last June.

Eddie, who is trained to detect dead bodies and was used in the McCann case and the Soham murders inquiry, reacted when he was taken to sand dunes at Sty Wick on June 24.

Mr Grime said: "His normal reaction is to bark. On this occasion he started to dig."

The body of "Black Bob" Rose was later found at the spot.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/sniffer-dog-used-in-search-for-madeleine-1050817
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline barrier

« Reply #711 on: March 06, 2020, 04:31:52 PM »
Murder 24/7 episodes 4 and 5,this week,blooming blood dogs only went and found blood.

Dog handler:Our dogs can find blood that we can never see.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 04:36:54 PM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #712 on: March 06, 2020, 04:36:30 PM »
Murder 24/7 episodes 4 and 5,this week,blooming blood dogs only went and found blood.

so they found actual evidence....doing what they are trained for and are very good at

Offline The General

The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #714 on: April 21, 2020, 04:13:45 PM »
https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/local-news/medical-detection-dogs-coronavirus-covid19-18118124

As i understand dogs can catch covid.....and therefore if infected could pass it on whilst asymptomatic....before dying of covid..on a more serious note..

if you read the article they wont be taking the dogs bark for it.....any positive alert from eddie needs to be confirmed by a medical test
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 04:17:59 PM by Davel »

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #715 on: June 07, 2020, 01:58:36 PM »
As i understand dogs can catch covid.....and therefore if infected could pass it on whilst asymptomatic....before dying of covid..on a more serious note..

if you read the article they wont be taking the dogs bark for it.....any positive alert from eddie needs to be confirmed by a medical test

In the McCann case the alerts were backed up by the bodily fluids collected.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #716 on: June 07, 2020, 02:09:55 PM »

believe whay you like ..it doesnt make  a scrap of difference...grime doesnt agree with you..read his report

Online Eleanor

« Reply #717 on: June 07, 2020, 02:10:27 PM »

What Body Fluids?

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #718 on: June 07, 2020, 03:51:14 PM »
What Body Fluids?

The ones that were found to be “inconclusive” in relation to a match to MM’s DNA when tested in the UK. Hopefully someone will take Perlin’s offer up now we have a “new suspect”

Online Eleanor

« Reply #719 on: June 07, 2020, 03:59:30 PM »
The ones that were found to be “inconclusive” in relation to a match to MM’s DNA when tested in the UK. Hopefully someone will take Perlin’s offer up now we have a “new suspect”

"Inconclusive."  I see.  That would have been a laugh and a half in A Court of Law.

Actually, there were No Body Fluids collected.  Unless you can produce evidence that there were.

A Cite would be good.