Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 166213 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #2175 on: June 21, 2021, 03:24:06 PM »
If that was true then it could be tested in a trial. The fact that he is delaying such a trial is indicative that his so-called evidence isn't as strong as he would like it to be. In addition, it is protocol to inform the parents of the death and how it occurred, this has not happened because if Wolters is wrong, as I suspect, then he will look really stupid with a large splattering of egg on his face

Wolters has given his reasons for not releasing his evidence and not giving further information to the parents. He has also given his reasons for the delay in charging.
I think the only ones that will end up with egg on their face are those who doubt him

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2176 on: June 21, 2021, 03:28:40 PM »
If that was true then it could be tested in a trial. The fact that he is delaying such a trial is indicative that his so-called evidence isn't as strong as he would like it to be. In addition, it is protocol to inform the parents of the death and how it occurred, this has not happened because if Wolters is wrong, as I suspect, then he will look really stupid with a large splattering of egg on his face
Erm, ok but that's not the issue under discussion. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2177 on: June 21, 2021, 03:33:49 PM »
He is making a statement which can only be made after a trial and a guilty verdict imo; that Christian B killed Madeleine McCann.

I am involved in a case where I know 100% the person is guilty... But the CPS say not enougjh evidence to convict..
Sometimes you dont need a trial to know someone is guilty

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2178 on: June 21, 2021, 03:56:40 PM »
Wolters has given his reasons for not releasing his evidence and not giving further information to the parents. He has also given his reasons for the delay in charging.
I think the only ones that will end up with egg on their face are those who doubt him

I don't believe him. His words are contradictory and have always been so. Clutching at straws comes to mind.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2179 on: June 21, 2021, 04:01:01 PM »
I don't believe him. His words are contradictory and have always been so. Clutching at straws comes to mind.

I dont find anything he has said to be contradictory... But you have to have listened to everything he had said... I think there will be a lot of egg on face from those who have doubted him

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2180 on: June 21, 2021, 04:55:00 PM »
Do you not think CB fits the profile of someone who might want to take a small child, someone who had the means, motive and opportunity to strike that night?  Don’t you think he should be thoroughly investigated leaving no stone unturned for this crime and others in the area?  If not why not?  If so, then why are you criticizing HCW?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2181 on: June 21, 2021, 09:50:18 PM »
I am involved in a case where I know 100% the person is guilty... But the CPS say not enougjh evidence to convict..
Sometimes you dont need a trial to know someone is guilty

You must surely realise that you can't publicly name this person and state that they are a thief?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2182 on: June 21, 2021, 11:25:34 PM »
You must surely realise that you can't publicly name this person and state that they are a thief?
Oh?  Why not?  Isn’t publicly accusing named individuals of carrying out a serious crime exactly what private citizen Gonalo Amaral did, and aren’t you convinced he was perfectly entitled to do so?  So kindly explain why he can and Davel can’t.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2183 on: June 22, 2021, 03:00:31 AM »

Why do you think I can't ..... You are quite wrong

What I'm pointing out is its possible to have proof of guilt but not be able to take it to court
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 06:55:16 AM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2184 on: June 22, 2021, 07:04:21 AM »
Perhaps this is precisely what HCW is doing.. Putting pressure on CB. CB would have to take Wollters to a civil court to seek redress.. Perhaps Wolters would like that. If CB is innocent why is he not doing something about it

Perhaps Wolters is a lot lot smarter than some posters think
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 07:07:00 AM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2185 on: June 22, 2021, 07:31:06 AM »
Why do you think I can't ..... You are quite wrong

What I'm pointing out is its possible to have proof of guilt but not be able to take it to court

If you can't prove it in court you can't publicly announce that someone is guilty without risking being sued. If you're a public official who does it you are breaching the principle of the presumption of innocence.

The judge of the first instance used exactly that argument to rule against Amaral in the defamation trial.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2186 on: June 22, 2021, 07:32:03 AM »
Oh?  Why not?  Isn’t publicly accusing named individuals of carrying out a serious crime exactly what private citizen Gonalo Amaral did, and aren’t you convinced he was perfectly entitled to do so?  So kindly explain why he can and Davel can’t.
Well?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2187 on: June 22, 2021, 07:33:54 AM »
If you can't prove it in court you can't publicly announce that someone is guilty without risking being sued. If you're a public official who does it you are breaching the principle of the presumption of innocence.

The judge of the first instance used exactly that argument to rule against Amaral in the defamation trial.
But she was overruled remember?  A decision you appeared to agree with, so why are you now arguing against yourself?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2188 on: June 22, 2021, 07:37:22 AM »

You said I cant announce it in public... You are totally wrong.
I can... I would welcome being sued and presenting my evidence in court...

What you donnt understand is its possible to know someone is 100% guilty but not be able to take it to court
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 07:39:50 AM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2189 on: June 22, 2021, 08:44:54 AM »
You said I cant announce it in public... You are totally wrong.
I can... I would welcome being sued and presenting my evidence in court...

What you donnt understand is its possible to know someone is 100% guilty but not be able to take it to court

What you know is immaterial legally if you can't prove it (as you seem to have discovered). You would risk being sued if you publicly stated that X was a thief. If CB is charged and tried, it can be argued that his trial is unfair because the prosecutor declared him guilty before he was arrested.
Result = happy posting.