Author Topic: Could a psychic solve the case?  (Read 72856 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Could a psychic solve the case?
« Reply #1215 on: December 14, 2020, 01:14:50 AM »
A recent report may help to shed some light on why people continue to believe in psychic powers. The study tested believers and sceptics with the same level of education and academic performance and found that people who believe in psychic powers think less analytically. This means that they tend to interpret the world from a subjective personal perspective and fail to consider information critically.
https://theconversation.com/the-science-of-why-so-many-people-believe-in-psychic-powers-102088
From the link https://theconversation.com/the-science-of-why-so-many-people-believe-in-psychic-powers-102088
 "According to a US Gallup survey, for example, more than one-quarter of people believe humans have psychic abilities – such as telepathy and clairvoyance."

"Believers also often view psychic claims as confirmatory evidence – regardless of their evidential basis. The case of Chris Robinson, who refers to himself as a “dream detective”, demonstrates this.

Robinson claims to have foreseen terrorist attacks, disasters and celebrity deaths. His assertions derive from limited and questionable evidence. Tests conducted by Gary Schwartz at the University of Arizona provided support for Robinson’s ability, however, other researchers using similar methods failed to confirm Schwartz’s conclusion."

This is often IMO because the testing methods are nothing like the situations that the premonitions occur.

"When professed abilities are subject to scientific scrutiny researchers generally discredit them. This was true of Derek Ogilvie in the 2007 TV documentary The Million Dollar Mind Reader. Investigation concluded Ogilvie genuinely believed he possessed powers, but was not actually able to read babies’ minds."

Did Ogilvie ever claim to read babies' minds?

« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 01:18:23 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1216 on: December 14, 2020, 08:14:31 PM »
It's like reading the minds of babies!
I can just remember the way they pull their faces when they load their nappies with poo.   
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 09:15:08 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline sadie

« Reply #1217 on: December 15, 2020, 12:44:39 AM »
It's like reading the minds of babies!
I can just remember the way they pull their faces when they load their nappies with poo.

(&^&

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1218 on: December 15, 2020, 02:11:15 AM »
Moderation

Offline sadie

« Reply #1219 on: December 15, 2020, 05:22:09 PM »
Unforgettable!
Deleted.

Edit
It wouldn't have bothered me as an adult had I seen it about me, I would have laughed, but I shouldn't have imposed my standards on my daughter.  You are right, Rob

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1220 on: December 15, 2020, 08:06:01 PM »
We didn't even need to see our daughters face when she was a toddler.

All of a sudden this little voice would pipe up as she said , "Dirty game" and this incriminating bulge would appear.   She was a very early walker and talker

She beat her Grandpa to saying it.   @)(++(*

Choice subject, this, Rob

Should you be talking about your daughter like that?   That's so funny but also hard to believe.   Clever kid, I must say.
Moderation

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1221 on: December 15, 2020, 08:26:18 PM »
Should you be talking about your daughter like that?   That's so funny but also hard to believe.   Clever kid, I must say.

None of my children did anything like that.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #1222 on: December 20, 2020, 06:54:38 PM »
She is South African (living there) and is involved in politics just from what I see on the internet and Facebook profile.https://www.facebook.com/Tayetee/about

"Democratic Alliance Woman's Network at Democratic Alliance"   "Studied at University of Johannesburg"
It seems Tatum Jennifer Amaral has updated her facebook status, Rob.
https://www.facebook.com/Tayetee
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 06:58:58 PM by Anthro »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1223 on: December 21, 2020, 07:34:07 AM »
It seems Tatum Jennifer Amaral has updated her facebook status, Rob.
https://www.facebook.com/Tayetee
Handsome bloke.
Moderation

Offline John

« Reply #1224 on: December 21, 2020, 02:28:30 PM »
Apologies for interrupting the debate. I want to take this opportunity to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas despite the awful year past endured by everyone to various degrees. I also want to thank everyone who has taken part in the debates also to varying degrees and to varying degrees of naughtiness at times. It would be a dull forum without all these little diversions and banter we often see. Thank you all for taking part.

Please go safe wherever you are around the world.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #1225 on: December 26, 2020, 07:45:34 PM »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1226 on: December 26, 2020, 07:53:17 PM »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1227 on: December 26, 2020, 08:18:46 PM »
https://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/62june12/BURNLEY_10_06_2012.htm
Rob, another psychic’s view.
"I know she is at college in Minnesota".   I'll pay a bit more attention to those that are living in the USA and Minnesota in particular when they join my Facebook group.

[Minnesota received its name from the Dakota (Sioux) word for the Mississippi's major tributary in the state, the Minnesota River, which means “Sky-Tinted Water.”]
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 09:22:57 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Anthro

« Reply #1228 on: January 04, 2021, 08:27:32 PM »
I think that in some ways Carols findings are amazing.  Thanks for posting them Anthro.

Many of her early psychic output follows what I sent to OG.  All of my work was thoroughly researched before sending and it is good to see her psychic revelations following a similar direction.

Her drawings are naïve, but there is a certain something about some of them that reminds me of peripheral people in the case.   I find her drawing of Madeleine in 2012 to be way off the mark because she has her facial proportions wrong, but the drawing that she shows in 2008 could very well be what Madeleine looked like then IMO.

I have spent ages trying to find the spot where that bridge with a (?)railway line crossing it and steps down to a bay is, but to no avail.  It looks like it is at the entrance to a fairly deep river.   Because I haven't found it, doesn't mean that there is no such place, just that I haven't found it yet.   And, of course, maybe never will
Hi Sadie, have a look at this small island, called Berlengas. It is to the north of Lisbon. Pictures of the bridge resemble Carol’s sketch. In my opinion.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 08:43:48 PM by Anthro »

Offline sadie

« Reply #1229 on: January 04, 2021, 11:10:43 PM »
Hi Sadie, have a look at this small island, called Berlengas. It is to the north of Lisbon. Pictures of the bridge resemble Carol’s sketch. In my opinion.

My, you are working hard … and on holiday too!   I have already had quite a good look at Berlangas  and whilst the bridges have something about them, I don't see the railway and the steps up.  Do you?

Am a bit tired atm and have a big day tomorrow, but give me a nudge and I will try and spend a bit more time looking there afterwards.

When flying to Faro, or the Canaries, that island and the Peniche peninsular are always way marks to me.   I love watching the PT coast go by, because as we fly over, I think of friends I have out there and special places