Author Topic: ECHR urge McCanns to reach friendly settlement with Gonçalo Amaral.  (Read 5328 times)

Offline jassi

Re: ECHR urge McCanns to reach friendly settlement with Gonçalo Amaral.
« Reply #270 on: April 02, 2021, 09:00:23 PM »
The media do it whenever they can.

They tend to turn off the comments sections for some reason though.

Indeed. Any old rubbish sells, the wilder the better.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for this season.

Offline jassi

« Reply #271 on: April 02, 2021, 09:07:45 PM »
That might depend on their reasons.

Who is to decide who should and who shouldn't cash in ?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for this season.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #272 on: April 02, 2021, 09:11:40 PM »

Initially no one but themselves.

Offline barrier

« Reply #273 on: April 02, 2021, 09:11:51 PM »

The sanctimonious.

This is my own private domicile and I will not be harassed....

Offline jassi

« Reply #274 on: April 02, 2021, 09:13:13 PM »
Ah yes, of course.

Or maybe not -

Online John

« Reply #275 on: April 03, 2021, 06:19:50 PM »
Could we stay on topic please...ta very much.

Happy Easter everyone   8((()*/
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #276 on: April 04, 2021, 11:18:47 PM »
Publishers would have been tripping over themselves to give the McCann's a deal.

The book was always going to sell itself without the need for any mention of sex, the lack of it, or Maddie's bits.

Yes!  it was serialised in the Sun newspaper  tabloid AKA - t ttS n B*M  Rag.

Private life? Are you kidding- They enjoyed the celebrity life while ittlasted and it didn't last very long did it? as people stared to see right through them.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Brietta

« Reply #277 on: April 05, 2021, 12:21:15 AM »

Private life? Are you kidding- They enjoyed the celebrity life while ittlasted and it didn't last very long did it? as people stared to see right through them.

Easter blessings to you too.
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline jassi

« Reply #278 on: April 05, 2021, 09:12:33 AM »

Well he certainly did - just loved strutting about centre stage. Her, not so much - at least at the beginning.

All IMO of course  ?{)(**

Or maybe not -

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #279 on: April 05, 2021, 09:20:27 AM »
Well he certainly did - just loved strutting about centre stage. Her, not so much - at least at the beginning.

All IMO of course  ?{)(**
Strange to be so attention seeking when you’re guilty and know you’ve been seen by half a dozen people committing a crime don’t you think?
NB:  I’ll take your lack of a reply as an acceptance of my point.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 10:02:25 AM by Vertigo Swirl »
Mare's eat oat's and doe's eat oat's and little lamb's eat ivy.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #280 on: May 16, 2021, 12:54:27 PM »
Just for the record, the fact that the ECHR have asked the Portuguese government to comment on the McCann's application does not mean their case has been decided to be admissible. Here is another case which was referred to a government for comments;
http://app.echr.coe.int/SOP/index.aspx?lg=en

The applicant alleged that Articles 8, 6 and 13 had been breached. The ECHR rejected the admissibilty of his claims under Articles 6 and 13, and after examining his claim under Article 8 more closely, decided that there was no violation of his rights in connection with that Article.
https://www.stradalex.com/en/sl_src_publ_jur_int/document/echr_78754-13

Therefore it's possible that the ECHR could still declare any of the McCanns claims inadmissible.

No-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance because belief without evidence is useless.

Offline Davel

« Reply #281 on: May 16, 2021, 01:35:09 PM »
Just for the record, the fact that the ECHR have asked the Portuguese government to comment on the McCann's application does not mean their case has been decided to be admissible. Here is another case which was referred to a government for comments;
http://app.echr.coe.int/SOP/index.aspx?lg=en

The applicant alleged that Articles 8, 6 and 13 had been breached. The ECHR rejected the admissibilty of his claims under Articles 6 and 13, and after examining his claim under Article 8 more closely, decided that there was no violation of his rights in connection with that Article.
https://www.stradalex.com/en/sl_src_publ_jur_int/document/echr_78754-13

Therefore it's possible that the ECHR could still declare any of the McCanns claims inadmissible.

Possible but is it probable

Offline The General

« Reply #282 on: May 26, 2021, 03:02:04 PM »
What was that admission threshold rate, 10%?
So, by default and purely on the numbers, more possible than probable. You have to factor in that it's a self-serving, meritocratic bureaucracy, filled with career plodding lawyers.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 08:38:45 PM by G-Unit »
Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Davel

« Reply #283 on: May 26, 2021, 03:58:50 PM »
What was that admission threshold rate, 10%?
So, by default and purely on the numbers, more possible than probable. You have to factor in that it's a self-serving, meritocratic bureaucracy, filled with career plodding lawyers.

I'm probably the only poster who has looked in depth at previous cases where a balance between articles 8 and 10 are made. Having looked at them I feel the McCanns have a very strong case and interestingly the ECHR has said the case is covered by existing case law
« Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 08:39:23 PM by G-Unit »

Offline misty

« Reply #284 on: May 31, 2021, 12:16:53 AM »
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15116470/madeleine-mccann-parents-legal-battle-cop/
Nick Pisa
23:30, 30 May 2021Updated: 23:32, 30 May 2021
MADELEINE McCann's parents have been told they will find out this year if they have won their legal battle against ex-cop Goncalo Amaral.

Kate and Gerry took action against Amaral, 61, for his slurs in book The Truth of the Lie.

He claimed the devastated couple were responsible for Madeleine’s disappearance in 2007.

The pair initially took the case to court in ­Portugal and won, but then lost an appeal.

They lodged a fresh case at the European Court of Human Rights in 2017.

ECHR judges wrote to the Portuguese government and the McCanns asking for “observations” and if they would consider settling out of court.

The McCann legal team said they were willing to settle but Portugal refused their offer.

The judges will now give a verdict by the end of the year.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The appeal has now progressed to the contentious phase.