Author Topic: ECHR urge McCanns to reach friendly settlement with Gonçalo Amaral.  (Read 8250 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: ECHR urge McCanns to reach friendly settlement with Gonçalo Amaral.
« Reply #525 on: June 24, 2021, 09:06:05 PM »
Me to also.  Although I never actually said anything.  I was just known to be a McCann Supporter.  And so I had to go.

Personally, I wouldn't label them Gestapo.  They really aren't clever enough although they might be vicious enough if only they knew how.

I now suspect that G Unit is taking orders and directions from CMoMM, which is a bit of a disappointment to me because I did believe that G Unit was really okay.  But this is her problem and not mine.

G Unit frequently contradicts herself but then castigates others of us who are entitled to our own opinions, which are  often much better founded.

I am now nearly bored witless which is why I mostly stay away these days.  But No, I haven't given up.  I am just waiting.

If you continue to air your ridiculous opinions about me I will retaliate. My patience is running out.
England - good effort

Offline Davel

« Reply #526 on: June 24, 2021, 09:09:35 PM »
If you continue to air your ridiculous opinions about me I will retaliate. My patience is running out.

the opinions are not ridiculous...imo...far from it....you are stating your opinion as fact again

Offline Brietta

« Reply #527 on: June 24, 2021, 09:13:28 PM »
Me to also.  Although I never actually said anything.  I was just known to be a McCann Supporter.  And so I had to go.

Personally, I wouldn't label them Gestapo.  They really aren't clever enough although they might be vicious enough if only they knew how.

I now suspect that G Unit is taking orders and directions from CMoMM, which is a bit of a disappointment to me because I did believe that G Unit was really okay.  But this is her problem and not mine.

G Unit frequently contradicts herself but then castigates others of us who are entitled to our own opinions, which are  often much better founded.

I am now nearly bored witless which is why I mostly stay away these days.  But No, I haven't given up.  I am just waiting.

I think as far as the ECHR is concerned there shouldn't be all that much longer to wait.  But the fact that there isn't much visibly happening doesn't mean we need to 'dumb down' and play to a sceptic agenda.

Did we really need to pay more obeisance to Anubis when it is perfectly obvious that that unless the GNR dogs had followed the right trail right from the beginning - dogs were nothing but a distracting irrelevance.  All designed I am sure to "bore people witless" so that the terms can be dictated and dissenting opinion censored by the self appointed guardians of free speech - and we've seen them in operation.
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline Brietta

« Reply #528 on: June 24, 2021, 09:16:53 PM »
Is it Bennett’s forum?  I presume so.  It’s the most sinister, gestapo-like forum I’ve ever been a (short-lived) member of.

I don't think you are anyone until you've been booted off of there.  If memory serves me well I believe even Shining was red carded on one occasion.
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #529 on: June 24, 2021, 09:18:19 PM »
By Gestapo-like I meant fascist, metaphorical jackboots stamping down on anyone out of line, endless hate-filled propaganda, issuing threats and toying with members before giving them the drop, a cult-like rulership  Yuck.

I do know what you meant.  But this Forum isn't like that, yet.  And won't be while I still feel able to kick in, albeit only occasionally.

I think that you and Davel are very stoical although I am not sure if stoical is a 'Very' sort of thing.

I am pleased that you are no longer being frightfully rude, mainly because it really won't do.  However, I don't know if I am being rude and don't really care anyway.

Who gets to behave this badly?  Do you have to be a Moderator?  About which there is nothing I can do?

Well, I probably could, but it wouldn't be cricket.  And so I do nothing.

But I do know what is going on.  And believe me, it is all such a waste of their time.

This Forum will fight to the bitter end for the rights of The McCanns and Innocent Until Proven Guilty for as long as I choose to uphold The Law.

Back next week if I feel like it.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #530 on: June 24, 2021, 09:24:56 PM »

Really?  Go for it.  I mean do me a favour.  Do you seriously think you can threaten me when I never lie or twist anything?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #531 on: June 24, 2021, 09:33:49 PM »
the opinions are not ridiculous...imo...far from it....you are stating your opinion as fact again

I take orders from no-one, and it's ridiculous to suggest that I do.
England - good effort

Offline Brietta

« Reply #532 on: June 24, 2021, 09:38:58 PM »
Really?  Go for it.  I mean do me a favour.  Do you seriously think you can threaten me when I never lie or twist anything?

Honesty is something that this forum has in spades and whatever the news good bad or indifferent, integrity in the majority of the posts made.

We have some very good posters here who have worked exceedingly hard to make the unintelligible meaningful for us less gifted ~ for example 'alleles' and the mysteries of the European Court.

Now all we need is a German expert ... any takers?

Offline Davel

« Reply #533 on: June 24, 2021, 09:50:02 PM »
I take orders from no-one, and it's ridiculous to suggest that I do.

in your opinion...

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #534 on: June 24, 2021, 09:52:24 PM »
Honesty is something that this forum has in spades and whatever the news good bad or indifferent, integrity in the majority of the posts made.

We have some very good posters here who have worked exceedingly hard to make the unintelligible meaningful for us less gifted ~ for example 'alleles' and the mysteries of the European Court.

Now all we need is a German expert ... any takers?

I don't understand why you quoted my post about G Unit threatening me.

I am not less gifted and understand exactly what is going on.

No one threatens me without putting their money where their mouth is.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #535 on: June 24, 2021, 10:12:11 PM »
I don't understand why you quoted my post about G Unit threatening me.

I am not less gifted and understand exactly what is going on.

No one threatens me without putting their money where their mouth is.

Carana made DNA intelligible for me and intellectually Misty and Davel leave me standing.  You are an inspiration for me too and I know you are one of the sharpest tools in the box as well as being incredibly kind.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #536 on: June 24, 2021, 11:27:16 PM »
Carana made DNA intelligible for me and intellectually Misty and Davel leave me standing.  You are an inspiration for me too and I know you are one of the sharpest tools in the box as well as being incredibly kind.

What can I say?  None of this is rocket science.  You just need half a brain.  But I think you are bull shitting me because you are trying to be kind to me.  And probably trying to take my anger away from this discussion.  I am angry.

Kind is the only thing that I Understand.  But don't ever push me too far.

I don't have to understand DNA or even Intellectuality.  These things are just facts.

Davel, God help him, is always right.  And Misty always comes up with the goods, although she is not alone.

Me?  Fourteen years of something that cannot possibly mean anything to me beyond the loss of my own child.  And believe me I did think of that.  And then decided not to do this.

I actually can't help The McCanns beyond believing that they did not harm their daughter.  But guess what?  Bloody well prove to me that they did.  And no one has yet done that.

The rest of it is Shite.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #537 on: June 25, 2021, 12:20:54 AM »
What can I say?  None of this is rocket science.  You just need half a brain.  But I think you are bull shitting me because you are trying to be kind to me.  And probably trying to take my anger away from this discussion.  I am angry.

Kind is the only thing that I Understand.  But don't ever push me too far.

I don't have to understand DNA or even Intellectuality.  These things are just facts.

Davel, God help him, is always right.  And Misty always comes up with the goods, although she is not alone.

Me?  Fourteen years of something that cannot possibly mean anything to me beyond the loss of my own child.  And believe me I did think of that.  And then decided not to do this.

I actually can't help The McCanns beyond believing that they did not harm their daughter.  But guess what?  Bloody well prove to me that they did.  And no one has yet done that.

The rest of it is Shite.
Every positive wish will be welcomed by the McCanns or any other family of a missing child even if they never hear of it or read it.

At the moment a young man has gone missing from my locality.  He is nineteen and the police have been pulling out all the stops so they are really worried - even drafting in officers from outside to mount searches.  We all gave permission to have gardens and outbuildings searched.  His parents have used social media, had banners printed, put up posters and given out leaflets.  I have only heard people wishing the best for him and expressing the sincerest sympathy for his parents and I think that is the normal reaction for people to have at a time like this.

All we have to go on is knowing how awful we would feel if it was happening to us and react accordingly.  I think the reaction sceptics are enjoying when they troll and torture the family of a missing child is the aberrant one and I feel incredibly sad for them; much as I think writing the book Amaral wrote was entirely wrong and the Supreme Court's condoning of it was also entirely wrong.

We have gone through every nit picking ritual from the libel trial that supposedly wasn't to the appeal to the ECHR which we were told would never happen for a variety of reasons.  Yet here we are.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #538 on: June 25, 2021, 12:39:21 AM »
Every positive wish will be welcomed by the McCanns or any other family of a missing child even if they never hear of it or read it.

At the moment a young man has gone missing from my locality.  He is nineteen and the police have been pulling out all the stops so they are really worried - even drafting in officers from outside to mount searches.  We all gave permission to have gardens and outbuildings searched.  His parents have used social media, had banners printed, put up posters and given out leaflets.  I have only heard people wishing the best for him and expressing the sincerest sympathy for his parents and I think that is the normal reaction for people to have at a time like this.

All we have to go on is knowing how awful we would feel if it was happening to us and react accordingly.  I think the reaction sceptics are enjoying when they troll and torture the family of a missing child is the aberrant one and I feel incredibly sad for them; much as I think writing the book Amaral wrote was entirely wrong and the Supreme Court's condoning of it was also entirely wrong.

We have gone through every nit picking ritual from the libel trial that supposedly wasn't to the appeal to the ECHR which we were told would never happen for a variety of reasons.  Yet here we are.

Okay.  Fine.  Just keep G Unit away from me.  It had got to the point when I couldn't even comment without her right behind me.

And now she is threatening me.  You sought it because I have had enough.

Offline Carana

« Reply #539 on: June 25, 2021, 08:07:50 AM »
Furthermore, if the McCanns had face trial in Portugal following the publication of Amaral’s book and media campaign do you think they would have received a fair trial?

IMO, probably not if they'd been Portuguese, if the pre-trial pro-PJ media onslaught on the Ciprianos is anything to go by.