Author Topic: ECHR urge McCanns to reach friendly settlement with Gonçalo Amaral.  (Read 24628 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: ECHR urge McCanns to reach friendly settlement with Gonçalo Amaral.
« Reply #435 on: June 08, 2021, 09:46:45 AM »
The Portuguese legal system is an ass IMO, and in this instance it was a donkey that was rewarded by it IMO.

I think "Arse" is a more appropriate word.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #436 on: June 08, 2021, 10:50:57 AM »
I have no strong feelings about the Portuguese legal system. It's not perfect, but I don't know of any system which is. I suspect that some of those who criticise it do so because it didn't deliver the results that a certain couple wanted it to. Hopefully the same opprobrium won't be levelled at the ECHR if they also disappoint.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #437 on: June 08, 2021, 10:53:47 AM »
I have no strong feelings about the Portuguese legal system. It's not perfect, but I don't know of any system which is. I suspect that some of those who criticise it do so because it didn't deliver the results that a certain couple wanted it to. Hopefully the same opprobrium won't be levelled at the ECHR if they also disappoint.

And the same to you too.  That would be interesting.

Offline jassi

« Reply #438 on: June 08, 2021, 10:54:51 AM »
I understand there really is nowhere to go after the ECHR, so the outcome will need to be accepted whatever and Madeleine will still be missing
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 10:58:13 AM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #439 on: June 08, 2021, 11:10:11 AM »

All I would like to see is the law justly applied.. The law isnt always fair but its the law. I have faith that the ECHR will apply the law justly.. Whatever the outcome is it has to be accepted as correct. If it finds in favour of the McCanns Im confident it will be heavily criticised
« Last Edit: June 08, 2021, 11:14:09 AM by Davel »

Offline kizzy

« Reply #440 on: June 08, 2021, 11:26:09 AM »
Copied and pasted from cmomm... I wonder if you actuallly read it..
Axel Springer claimed article 8 on the basis s newspaper said he had been arrested for possession of cocaine..

Do you know why the ECHR ruled in favour of freedom of speech... I do..

Because he had been arrested for possession of cocaine..

In Allen Vs ECHR.. Allen was wrong to think her aquittal proved her innocence.... Tje mccanns never claimed the arvhiving despatch proved innocence.

Petermac needs to understand the cases he quotes but he doesnt have to... Because some people just believe any old rubbish as long as its anti mccann

. Because some people just believe any old rubbish as long as its anti mccann

Don't you think the same applies with your posts were wolt is concerned

Offline kizzy

« Reply #441 on: June 08, 2021, 11:40:10 AM »
All I would like to see is the law justly applied.. The law isnt always fair but its the law. I have faith that the ECHR will apply the law justly.. Whatever the outcome is it has to be accepted as correct. If it finds in favour of the McCanns Im confident it will be heavily criticised

Well it seems they have categorised it.... as low important.

Importance level: Low importance

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #442 on: June 08, 2021, 11:57:19 AM »

Hopefully any criticism will be fair and restrained. Saying any legal system is an ass (or arse) is neither imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #443 on: June 08, 2021, 12:15:56 PM »
Hopefully any criticism will be fair and restrained. Saying any legal system is an ass (or arse) is neither imo.

I think it's s deserved description. I think the description of Wolters is unfair and unjustified

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #444 on: June 08, 2021, 12:42:39 PM »
Au contraire, I think it is perfectly justifiable expression and one long rooted in literature

'the law is an ass' is from a play published by the English dramatist George Chapman in 1654 - Revenge for Honour:

Ere he shall lose an eye for such a trifle... For doing deeds of nature! I'm ashamed. The law is such an ass.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #445 on: June 08, 2021, 12:55:48 PM »
Well it seems they have categorised it.... as low important.

Importance level: Low importance

Do you know what is meant by Low Importance.
I dont think you do.
It mesns the priciples involved are already covered by existing case law... Quite a few people think it means thr csde is of low importance... It doesnt

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #446 on: June 08, 2021, 01:00:34 PM »
Au contraire, I think it is perfectly justifiable expression and one long rooted in literature

'the law is an ass' is from a play published by the English dramatist George Chapman in 1654 - Revenge for Honour:

Ere he shall lose an eye for such a trifle... For doing deeds of nature! I'm ashamed. The law is such an ass.

Complaints about the law often come from those who resent it's rulings imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #447 on: June 08, 2021, 01:37:16 PM »
Complaints about the law often come from those who resent it's rulings imo.
Well they’re hardly going to come from people who have had a ruling in their favour are they?!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

« Reply #448 on: June 08, 2021, 03:05:43 PM »
Do you know what is meant by Low Importance.
I dont think you do.
It mesns the priciples involved are already covered by existing case law... Quite a few people think it means thr csde is of low importance... It doesnt

Oh, lol and here's me thinking it meant this ....mid you I think it does

3 = Low importance: Judgments, decisions and advisory opinions of little legal interest, namely judgments and decisions that simply apply existing case-law, friendly settlements and strike outs (unless raising a particular point of interest). The importance levels are mentioned in the notice accompanying each document.

Offline jassi

« Reply #449 on: June 08, 2021, 03:14:52 PM »
Oh, lol and here's me thinking it meant this ....mid you I think it does

3 = Low importance: Judgments, decisions and advisory opinions of little legal interest, namely judgments and decisions that simply apply existing case-law, friendly settlements and strike outs (unless raising a particular point of interest). The importance levels are mentioned in the notice accompanying each document.

I think it implies boring and  bog standard and we'll get  around to it when we have time   8(0(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future