Author Topic: ECHR urge McCanns to reach friendly settlement with Gonçalo Amaral.  (Read 24641 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: ECHR urge McCanns to reach friendly settlement with Gonçalo Amaral.
« Reply #480 on: June 23, 2021, 11:16:30 PM »
unless your accuser is Portuguese of course.

You are entitled to those same legal protections in Portugal.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #481 on: June 23, 2021, 11:33:37 PM »
You are entitled to those same legal protections in Portugal.
lol
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #482 on: June 24, 2021, 08:27:42 AM »
lol

You may scoff, but it is a fact that legal protections are available in Portugal. Those who lose their cases (and their supporters) may not like the outcome but that doesn't mean the outcome was wrong.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #483 on: June 24, 2021, 08:37:58 AM »
You may scoff, but it is a fact that legal protections are available in Portugal. Those who lose their cases (and their supporters) may not like the outcome but that doesn't mean the outcome was wrong.
And it doesn't mesn its right The SC have a very poor record at the ECHR.... Its a shame Cipriano didnt take her case there
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 08:51:25 AM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #484 on: June 24, 2021, 09:46:35 AM »
And it doesn't mesn its right The SC have a very poor record at the ECHR.... Its a shame Cipriano didnt take her case there

It depends what you mean by 'poor'. In 2020 the ECHR found Portugal guilty of 5 violations, France guilty of 10, Belgium 9, Greece 18, Germany 4, and Italy 14.
https://www.echr.coe.int/Documents/Stats_violation_2020_ENG.pdf

It looks like one of the better European countries to me, along with Germany. Both could improve when compared with Ireland, Denmark & Finland (1), & UK (2), but they're closer to the best than to other European countries.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #485 on: June 24, 2021, 10:15:21 AM »
Perhaps you would like to explain how the Portuguese legal system protected the McCanns from public (unproven) allegations of criminal conduct by a private individual, the very thing that you claim is not permissable under law?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #486 on: June 24, 2021, 10:44:51 AM »
It depends what you mean by 'poor'. In 2020 the ECHR found Portugal guilty of 5 violations, France guilty of 10, Belgium 9, Greece 18, Germany 4, and Italy 14.

It looks like one of the better European countries to me, along with Germany. Both could improve when compared with Ireland, Denmark & Finland (1), & UK (2), but they're closer to the best than to other European countries.
Those stats are meaningless without looking at population stats by  country as well - try human rights violations per capita. 

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #487 on: June 24, 2021, 10:46:10 AM »

Have you forgotten the link you posted a couple of years ago which showed over 90 % of cases going to judgement going against Portugal. They were noticably worse than all other western European countries

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #488 on: June 24, 2021, 10:49:07 AM »

I see you are now qoting one year... 2020...do you have the link provided previously for the past 20 years... That would be more representative

Ive just looked... Portugal had 5 judgements and lost all of them... Not right once
« Last Edit: June 24, 2021, 10:53:20 AM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #489 on: June 24, 2021, 11:18:05 AM »
Perhaps you would like to explain how the Portuguese legal system protected the McCanns from public (unproven) allegations of criminal conduct by a private individual, the very thing that you claim is not permissable under law?

Amaral's thesis was that the McCanns hid Madeleine's body and simulated an abduction. In other words, he repeated and still agreed with the thesis of the PJ investigation up to September 2007. Although the investigation continued after September 2007, no evidence was found to disprove Amaral's thesis or to support the McCann's thesis.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #490 on: June 24, 2021, 11:24:51 AM »
Amaral's thesis was that the McCanns hid Madeleine's body and simulated an abduction. In other words, he repeated and still agreed with the thesis of the PJ investigation up to September 2007. Although the investigation continued after September 2007, no evidence was found to disprove Amaral's thesis or to support the McCann's thesis.

The BKK thesis is that the evidenve shows CB murdered MM.
It has not been disproved. CB has had chance to prove his innocence.. He hasnt

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #491 on: June 24, 2021, 11:35:35 AM »
Have you forgotten the link you posted a couple of years ago which showed over 90 % of cases going to judgement going against Portugal. They were noticably worse than all other western European countries

No they weren't. Portugal was found to have 275 violations, but Italy had 1,857, Greece 935, France 759 and Austria 279. Please don't post your opinions as if they are facts.
https://echr.coe.int/Documents/Overview_19592020_ENG.pdf

Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #492 on: June 24, 2021, 11:45:39 AM »
The BKK thesis is that the evidenve shows CB murdered MM.
It has not been disproved. CB has had chance to prove his innocence.. He hasnt

I don't know what the BKA thesis is. I do know that prosecutor Wolters has (imo) stated his belief that CB is guilty, which is a breach of the suspect's human rights by a public official imo.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #493 on: June 24, 2021, 12:40:19 PM »
I don't know what the BKA thesis is. I do know that prosecutor Wolters has (imo) stated his belief that CB is guilty, which is a breach of the suspect's human rights by a public official imo.

The Greeks have done the same..he has the same options to object and seek redress as the McCanns anb everyone else has. There are minor breaches of HR everyday tjst have no consequences... I dont think Wolters statements will have any either

Offline Brietta

« Reply #494 on: June 24, 2021, 12:55:39 PM »
I think sometimes it is informative to know exactly where the main uninformed influencers of the uninformed opinions of many are to be found hanging out on the internet and exactly how intolerant they actually are of the freedom of speech which they purport to champion.
Value the ethos of our forum please ~ because there are those abroad who will do all they possibly can to dismiss us with a wave of the hand and a dismissive "Away with you!"
                               _____________________________________________________________

Frankly I don't understand how the case ever reached a law court.  D .... LIBEL REDACTED ... en. V
hi V,
I’ve researched the facts behind the case and from what I can see the Mccanns have a very strong case. It Is basically a balance between item 10 and 8. That’s the right to free speech against the right to reputation. Posters might not like it but looking at previous cases the Mccanns will be successful. We then have the right to the presumption of innocence which the SC stated does not apply in a civil court. From past rulings by the ECHR it does. L

Meanwhile I continue to believe it to be an elaborate hoax - just like every other aspect of this protracted saga. V
It’s the right to free speech vs right to reputation...Article 10 vs 8.  It is against the state of Portugal because it is the state of Portugal via the Supreme Court that has allowed Amaral to libel them L
Is that a fact.  V
Do you understand what libel means?  L
Do you? PA
Yep....do you know how poor the record is of the Portuguese SC is at the ECHR? ... it’s pretty poor   L
Did you actually come to this site last year to fight "misinformation"?  BB
I came to give my point of view.   Is that a problem?  L

Before I ban you, just answer one more question: how did GA libel the McCanns? JH

If you can’t stand another person’s point of view and wish to ban me ... I’m not bothered ... go ahead.   What happened to the claim of not supporting censorship?
You either support free speech or you don’t ... if you ban me you don’t.   L

Answer the question.  JH

If you have decided to censor me ... it’s unfair to ask me to answer a question.   So...am I to be banned or not?  L

Answer the question. JH

I don't give in to threats. I'm quite happy to answer any question but not if you have already made the decision to ban me.  L

75 posts on various threads of your nonsense and drivel is more than enough.
Away with you.  JH
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....