Author Topic: Minnesota police officer accidentally shoots black driver who attempted to flee stopcheck.  (Read 14953 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

That makes you just as evil as any gun toting gang member then.  IMO.

I'm glad you agree the gun toting gang member was evil.

Or maybe the blessed little lamb was just out playing nocturnal cowboys & Indians with his 21 year old friend.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 05:32:57 PM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

I'm glad you agree the gun toting gang member was evil.
Of course they are, as are you for wanting to shoot dead 13 year old boys who have surrendered.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

Of course they are, as are you for wanting to shoot dead 13 year old boys who have surrendered.

He didn't surrender fast enough, he had to hide the evidence first.

His problem, not mine.

I side with the law, not criminals. (Christian Brueckner excluded obviously)

Offline Carana

On the surface, it seems it would have been easier to simply stop as requested... however, for Black people in the US, survival instinct is to get yourself somewhere well lit with a greater chance of bystanders as witnesses. There was also a contradiction in the orders: to keep his hands in the air and get out of the car. Ok, but he was wearing a seatbelt and couldn't get a word in. If he'd put his hand down to release the seatbelt without express permission, he might not have survived.

Offline Wonderfulspam

On the surface, it seems it would have been easier to simply stop as requested... however, for Black people in the US, survival instinct is to get yourself somewhere well lit with a greater chance of bystanders as witnesses. There was also a contradiction in the orders: to keep his hands in the air and get out of the car. Ok, but he was wearing a seatbelt and couldn't get a word in. If he'd put his hand down to release the seatbelt without express permission, he might not have survived.

He could easily have released his seat belt as he pulled in. Before any weapons were drawn.

Offline Venturi Swirl

He didn't surrender fast enough, he had to hide the evidence first.

His problem, not mine.

I side with the law, not criminals. (Christian Brueckner excluded obviously)
The police chased him on foot for 19 seconds before he threw away the gun, he turned round raised his hands in surrender and was then immediately executed.  Is this how you think justice should be meted out in America?  I guess you do. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

He could easily have released his seat belt as he pulled in. Before any weapons were drawn.
How was he supposed to know when weapons had been drawn?

Offline Wonderfulspam

How was he supposed to know when weapons had been drawn?

I thought all black people knew cops were out to murder them on traffic stops or whilst just going about their daily business.

Offline Venturi Swirl

I thought all black people knew cops were out to murder them on traffic stops or whilst just going about their daily business.
Exactly.

Offline Wonderfulspam

Exactly.

It's not true, it's an irrational fear, unarmed blacks only get killed at a rate of roughly once a month, cops get murdered at higher rate than that.

Offline Venturi Swirl

It's not true, it's an irrational fear, unarmed blacks only get killed at a rate of roughly once a month, cops get murdered at higher rate than that.

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/fatal-police-shootings-of-unarmed-black-people-in-us-more-than-3-times-as-high-as-in-whites/

Offline Wonderfulspam

https://www.bmj.com/company/newsroom/fatal-police-shootings-of-unarmed-black-people-in-us-more-than-3-times-as-high-as-in-whites/

Yes, the rate is higher than whites. But there are multiple reasons for this, which don't necessarily mean cops are deliberately killing unarmed blacks.

One such reason is higher crime rates in poorer areas & thus, higher police presence in them areas.

Offline Venturi Swirl

Yes, the rate is higher than whites. But there are multiple reasons for this, which don't necessarily mean cops are deliberately killing unarmed blacks.

One such reason is higher crime rates in poorer areas & thus, higher police presence in them areas.
”in those areas”. 

I thought in those liberal, black places they’d defunded the police and so there were far fewer of them?

Offline Wonderfulspam

Offline Wonderfulspam

I think the best thing to do is to bring back segregation, give all blacks in the US an area of the country to live in & let them police themselves with a black only police force.