Author Topic: If CB was found guilty would the McCanns be completely cleared?  (Read 422 times)

Offline Davel

So if CB was found guilty of MMs abduction and murder.... Would that completely clear the McCanns?

Offline Eleanor

Re: If CB was found guilty would the McCanns be completely cleared?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 09:32:50 PM »
So if CB was found guilty of MMs abduction and murder.... Would that completely clear the McCanns?

Probably not.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 10:16:18 PM »
Don’t be absurd, of course not.  The McCanns will only be cleared when Goncalo Amaral and Eddie say/bark the words “The McCanns have been cleared” and that is never happening.
Mare's eat oat's and doe's eat oat's and little lamb's eat ivy.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 10:22:40 PM »

That would depend on what evidence secured his conviction.

A half hour phone call, some children's swimwear & someone saying that Brueckner said that he dunnit wouldn't be enough imo
Gays For Palestine

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2021, 10:27:11 PM »
That would depend on what evidence secured his conviction.

A half hour phone call, some children's swimwear & someone saying that Brueckner said that he dunnit wouldn't be enough imo

You are probably right about this much.  But there is almost certainly more to it than that already.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2021, 10:30:23 PM »
You are probably right about this much.  But there is almost certainly more to it than that already.

I'm not often right about much, to be fair.
Gays For Palestine

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2021, 10:35:49 PM »
I'm not often right about much, to be fair.

You are not as daft as you sometimes pretend to be.  I do know that much.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2021, 08:57:45 AM »
Daftness, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder imo.
No-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance because belief without evidence is useless.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2021, 09:03:12 AM »

Does being found guilty in a court of law mean someone actually did something? That would mean that the Ciprianos were guilty, for example.
No-one here believes the parents were directly involved in MM's disappearance because belief without evidence is useless.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2021, 09:13:42 AM »
Daftness, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder imo.

Daftness is sometimes a matter of opinion and often depends on whether or not someone agrees with you.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2021, 09:15:48 AM »
Does being found guilty in a court of law mean someone actually did something? That would mean that the Ciprianos were guilty, for example.

In Portugal anything can happen.  Best not to go there.

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2021, 09:23:53 AM »
Does anything mean anything at the end of the day?  Is this reality or just an illusion of reality?  If a tree crashes in a forum does a pig flutter its wings?  So many questions so little time left to find the answers....

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2021, 09:25:51 AM »
But seriously, it's clear by your answer that in your opinion the answer to the question (as I predicted yesterday) is a big fat sceptical NO, yes?  Which begs the question how can anyone ever be cleared of any suspicion ever?  Suspicion resides with the suspicious and is their problem, and shouldn't be something the suspected should have to worry about if they are innocent in the eyes of the law and know in their own hearts that they are innocent.

Offline Davel

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2021, 09:47:36 AM »

I'm surprised you need to ask that question. 
The point I'm making is that sceptics make a lot of their claim that the McCanns have not been completely cleared.... Implying some measure of doubt.  The point I'm making is that it's an absurd notion... Even if CB was found guilty on overwhelming evidence I'm sure some sceptics would simply not accept it
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 09:51:18 AM by Davel »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2021, 10:32:51 AM »
I'm surprised you need to ask that question. 
The point I'm making is that sceptics make a lot of their claim that the McCanns have not been completely cleared.... Implying some measure of doubt.  The point I'm making is that it's an absurd notion... Even if CB was found guilty on overwhelming evidence I'm sure some sceptics would simply not accept it

As you have acknowledged, someone's guilt or innocence is a matter of opinion, not necessarily of fact. I agree with the Supreme Court judges; the McCanns were not cleared by the archiving dispatch as has been claimed. I don't know if they are guilty or innocent of involvement in their daughter's disappearance, but I'm pretty sure they weren't eliminated. If CB is ever tried, I will do my best to understand the evidence and decide what I think about it. Until that happens I can't predict my response.