Author Topic: The Bambers: Murder at the farm - Sky Crime documentary  (Read 44442 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: The Bambers: Murder at the farm - Sky Crime documentary
« Reply #210 on: September 24, 2021, 11:07:08 AM »
‘Director of the docu-series Lottie Gammon, who worked with Louis on The Night In Question, told Tyla: “There are lots of theories, and lots of questions from people who know about the case, and we tried to deep-dive into that and we don’t shy away from it. Whereas, I think often this case is looked at it in quite black and white kind of way - either you believe he's 100 per cent innocent or 100 per cent guilty. We’ve tried to show this is really complicated, and there are reasons why it’s stayed in the public eye."
https://www.tyla.com/tv-and-film/louise-theroux-new-murder-series-divide-people-interview-20210917

Will be interesting to see what they conclude these reasons to be

The documentary's makers had hoped to interview Bamber, but director Lottie Gammon says the Ministry of Justice refused to allow it.
She says some of those campaigning for Bamber's release have "legitimate" concerns, including how police treated the murder scene.
"There's a lot of question marks over their behaviour," she says.
"No one really clearly explains - because they didn't really have to during the trial - how did he do this crime? That's not something that was nailed down.
"Because there are these loose threads, many loose threads, it's easy for people to look at it and have questions.
"I think this case is quite suited to the online world now of deep diving into these cases - especially over lockdown, these groups have really proliferated."

https://news.sky.com/story/louis-theroux-examines-jeremy-bamber-murders-and-reveals-why-legit-people-believe-five-time-killer-is-innocent-12406985

What ‘groups’ is she referring to?

Is Lottie Gammon & co aware of this forum and the blue forum and of how long they’ve been up and running?

Lottie Gammon via BBC Essex

https://twitter.com/BBCEssex/status/1441299612120219649
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 12:18:16 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2021, 11:28:13 AM »
David James Smith July 2021 speech given at the University of Sussex’s crime and research centres annual public lecture is quite interesting

It can be found here http://www.sussex.ac.uk/crime/newsandevents under the photograph of DJS where it reads,

Click here for transcript of David James Smith talk: Barriers to Investigating Miscarriages of Justice’

On page 3 of the transcript it states,

‘I met my first victim of a miscarriage of justice many years ago, when I wrote about him for the Sunday Times Magazine. I went to see him in a high security prison where he was serving a long sentence after being convicted of blasting his girlfriend’s parents to death with a shotgun at close range.
I would usually counsel against making judgments like this – because I don’t really think you can tell who is capable of murder or can believe someone who tells you they haven’t committed a murder when the law says they have. I think you should judge on the facts and the law and not on gut instinct. But a less likely murderer than Jonathan Jones is almost impossible to imagine.
Jones was a mild-mannered and softly spoken young man, perhaps a bit unworldly and disorganised. He said he had been in Kent when the parents of his girlfriend, Cheryl Tooze had been killed with a shotgun at their remote home in South Wales in July 1993

In February 2017 via The Justice Gap online magazine owned and run by Jon Robins, David James Smith stated, under the bold byline, ‘Factually innocent

‘I know people say it’s always the quiet ones and that we all have it in us, in the right circumstances but, really, a less likely murderer than Jones it is difficult to imagine. Even the trial judge thought so, and, controversially, said so.
https://www.thejusticegap.com/proof-magazine-truth-justice-like-truth-journalism-indivisible/

Having done a ‘deep dive’ into the material available online - I’m of the firm view Harry and Megan Tooze were murdered by Jonathon Jones who went on to marry Harry and Megan’s daughter - Cheryl Tooze - now known as Cheryl Jones.

http://www.homepage-link.to/justice/jones/index.htm

It was Cheryl who ran the public campaign to overturn Jonathon Jones murder conviction.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/tenacious-fiancee-triumphs-as-her-lover-is-cleared-of-farmhouse-shotgun-killing-1306788.html

Will be interesting to see if David James Smith appears in the forthcoming Mindhouse TV docu series. He was involved in the BBC’s doc on the murder of Jill Dando, which apparently was made to mark the 20th anniversary of her death.

David has a close interest in criminal justice and served five years (2013-2018) as a Commissioner at The Criminal Cases Review Commission, appointed by HM The Queen to oversee investigations into miscarriages of justice. http://www.davidjamessmith.net/about/

Sounds like David James Smith’s voice in the Mindhouse trailer

‘…was he being truthful you know “did you do it or didn’t you”’ ?

And it sounds like he might well be referring to his prison interview with Bamber 🙄

And - if it is him - I suspect his speech at the Uni of Sussex on Bamber wasn’t a coincidence 🙄

His voice can be heard here at around 33:38 https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0003w40/the-murder-of-jill-dando

*I remain of the firm view sexual predator and stalker Barry George murdered Jill Dando

Pat Brown also did a video on this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lZrXccaA1b8
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 12:31:32 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #212 on: September 24, 2021, 12:33:28 PM »
Michelle Diskin Bates playing judge and jury ⬇️

Opinion of Michelle Diskin Bates on Julie Mugford

🎀 Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
Replying to
@jbcampaignltd
 and
@UKChange
If her story was true she would be an accessory to murder. Under @JointEnterprise she would have been convicted of murder too, if she truly knew he was going to murder his family and didn’t do anything to help them.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Michelle_Diskin/status/1228048140772823040

*I remain of the firm view sexual predator and stalker Barry George murdered Jill Dando

Pat Brown also did a video on this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lZrXccaA1b8

Julie Mugford did not know Bamber was going to commit mass murder

How could she have known - he’d never murdered before

Barry George however was a sexual predator and stalker of women and had criminal convictions

And he and his sister had been estranged for around 12/13 years

For legal reasons, the jury was not told that George has spent convictions for attempted rape and indecent assault.
He was also accused of assaulting his ex-wife a few months into their short-lived marriage.
Thirteen women had given statements to the police saying George had stalked them and there was evidence he had pestered hundreds of others who lived close to his flat in Fulham, developing obsessions that led him to behave in a threatening and frightening manner.
He followed one victim home, telling her: "Now I know where you live."
Police discovered George had compiled lists with the addresses, descriptions, photographs and car registration numbers of almost 100 women. Princess Diana's was among them.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/jul/03/jilldando.media5

What was Barry George capable of https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dUMFI8UhTDs

Some of the contents of Pat Brown’s video might be helpful to Michelle Diskin Bates https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lZrXccaA1b8

At around 34:00 Pat Brown also mentions Mark Williams Thomas and those stacks of boxes - worth a listen
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 01:21:40 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #214 on: September 24, 2021, 01:15:18 PM »
Excerpts from the Scotsman’s article ‘The Bambers: Murder At The Farm is a real-life whodunnit‘

Building upon his desire to create “engrossing, complex, almost novelistic” multi-part documentaries as seen with projects like Netflix’s Making A Murderer and Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes, Theroux says the pandemic proved an opportunity to reflect and reassess his aspirations.

“I think it heightened something,” he says of lockdown. “I’m still figuring out quite what the aftermath of that looks like for me, but I do think it made me prioritise differently… it’s sort of made me inclined to go even further towards being behind the scenes.”

https://www.scotsman.com/arts-and-culture/film-and-tv/the-bambers-murder-at-the-farm-is-a-real-life-whodunnit-3390930
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 01:18:26 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #215 on: September 24, 2021, 01:30:16 PM »
Telling the tale of The Bambers for Sky crime - 24th September 2021

’Telling the complex, tragic and compelling family story underpinning the case was key to our doc series, says director Lotte Gammon

The Bambers: Murder at the Farm, Sky Crime
Production company Mindhouse Productions
Commissioner Poppy Dixon
Length 4 x 60 minutes
TX 26 September, Sky Crime – also available on Sky Showcase and NOW
Executive producers Arron Fellows; Louis Theroux
Series director Lottie Gammon
Series producer Flo Barrow
Line producer Suzy Burnet
Archive producer James Hunt
Director of development Nancy Strang
Head of production Sophie Ardern
Post-house Molinare

I was immediately curious when executive producers Arron Fellows and Louis Theroux approached me about a series on the White House Farm murders. The case is one of the UK’s most notorious mass killings and occupies an unusual place in the UK justice system – a convicted murderer, on a full-term life sentence, who still protests his innocence.

There are already numerous books on the subject, and a successful drama series covering the investigation and trial of Jeremy Bamber, so our first question was whether the series could really bring anything new to the story.

It became clear that this couldn’t simply be a retrospective documentary – but one that continued up to the present day. Online forums continue to fervently debate the details of the case, and Bamber, supported by lawyers and a campaign group, has appealed against his conviction on a number of occasions.

I had come into the story cold – I knew very little aside from the sometimes quite outlandish headlines. But as soon as we started digging, I realised that there was a complex, tragic and compelling family story underpinning the case that needed space to breathe.

Sky had originally commissioned 3 x 45 minute programmes, but as our edit progressed and more contributors agreed to be interviewed, it became clear that the best way to really do the story and characters justice was to add a fourth episode. Sky too understood how rich the story was and we were delighted when they agreed.

We initially talked about using reconstruction– but it soon became clear that recreating an entire 1980s farm house was not realistic or particularly desirable, both creatively and financially.

There are detailed – and hugely distressing – crime scene photos. We debated whether we should use them as part of the series and felt it was important not to sanitise a crime like this. Equally we wanted to respect the victims and their relatives by not showing anything too graphic.

As a solution, we decided to make a model of the house as a way of allowing the audience to take in the crime scene and its details without compromising the dignity of the victims.

Our art director John Reynolds went to great lengths to make sure that the model was exact – going so far as counting the bricks on the front of the house and using the original floor plans made by the police. We wanted it to feel hand-made and have texture, but not cartoonish.

We eventually made six models of the interior and exterior of the house which each played specific roles in the series – interior models of the key crime scenes, top-down “birds eye view” models and one enormous 4x4m model of the outside of the farmhouse.

Shooting the models was a new challenge – we shot on a A7S III and used a mini motion control rig called the Syrp Genie which helped create smooth, flowing shots programmed via an iPad.

Unsurprisingly, archive is the backbone of our film. I’ll never forget the giddiness in our archive producer James Hunt’s voice when he told me he had discovered a box file filled with a press agency’s negatives of the Bamber case. Instead of a select group of photos readily available, we suddenly had access to 1500 - and it meant we could string a photographer’s rapid-fire shots together in sequences that almost feel like filmed footage.

Rather than shoot expensive and potentially quite cliched courtroom reconstructions, we found the original trial’s court sketch-artist Sian Frances who reproduced and added to her work from the time.

My tricks of the trade - Lottie Gammon

Prep your interviews as much as you can but let the real thing be a conversation, put your notes down

Making a single narrative over several episodes is hard, hang on to your editor

Opinions are powerful but find your neutral voices to guide you through the story

Value your production team, a great PM is worth their weight in gold

Find great creative collaborators (editors, composers, DoPs) and trust their advice.

Plan your best and worst case scenarios. Strategise for both. You’ll end up somewhere in the middle

Aside from the now-familiar problems of Covid on the shoot, we had one other key challenge. When I first spoke to our executive producer Arron Fellows about the project there was one small obstacle in the way – I was 12 weeks pregnant and due to give birth halfway through the production schedule. Incredibly, Mindhouse were very open to the idea of me working until I gave birth, taking a few months off, and then coming back to finish the series.

My then three-month-old daughter was even present at a crucial interview and later at the model shoot. This was the second project of mine in which Louis and Arron had taken a pregnancy in their stride - in 2018 we made a film together in the States (Louis Theroux: The Night In Question) when I was pregnant with my first child and was so unwell that Louis had to rush me around in a wheelchair and I ended up in the ER.

Throughout production, my rocks were my line producer Suzy Burnet, who made sure the schedule didn’t break me, and my series producer Flo Barrow who stepped in to do interviews when I wasn’t able to and oversaw the edits for episodes three and four. Having a baby mid-production is not something I’d take lightly but - if you are offered a job you really want to do - it shows it can be done.

Flo Barrow
Series producer

Jeremy Bamber’s continual assertions of innocence have kept this case uniquely in the media spotlight for 35 years. From the outset, we knew his name went hand in hand with strong and often passionately opposing opinions - we set out to secure voices from both sides of the divide.

As with any “true crime”, this is difficult and painful territory for those who have had to live through it – and for a community in a tiny Essex village which still endures ongoing notoriety. For that reason, several key contributors had previously never agreed to take part in any media and their first-hand testimony was a priority.

We worked hard to prove ourselves; we clearly laid out that our aim was not just to explore the original investigation but some of the hallmarks of the case since his conviction which had never been looked into before. It took months, and many attempts, to set up meetings with apprehensive contributors, not helped by and often delayed by the restrictive nature of the pandemic.   

Building local contacts who introduced us to people was vital - as was social media and the electoral roll. Breakthroughs came from unexpected places – we found a prosecution witness in Melbourne, the owner of Bamber’s favourite Essex drinking hole in Brisbane and his best friend and confidante from the time in Auckland.

The pandemic intensified a lot of the challenges but there were some silver linings. The flexibility to interview on Zoom with an international crew meant we could interview these key contributors who had ended up further afield.

Closer to home, we followed some interesting leads. A tip off from a retired modelling agent led us to a photographer, David Thorpe, who took the iconic image of Jeremy Bamber’s sister, Sheila Caffell. The photo was splashed on every tabloid front page the day she died. We didn’t want to just use the photo but find the story behind it.   

We also unearthed unique material, including from journalist David James Smith who offered us exclusive access to his recordings of an interview with Jeremy Bamber from 2010; and author Carol Ann Lee discovered that her Dictaphone surprisingly still had audio on it from meeting Sheila and June Bamber’s psychiatrist as part of research for her book, The Murders at White House Farm. 

Some people declined to be interviewed – many for very understandable reasons. We also worked with Jeremy Bamber’s official Innocence Campaign for many months before they decided to withdraw from the series; they became convinced it would be biased against Jeremy, a man they passionately believe is innocent.

Yet the finished series contains friends, family, police, lawyers, journalists and pro-Bamber campaigners telling their story, many for the first time. I would say you cannot underestimate the time and patience needed to secure the trust of the right people. For us, it took a year. But it was worth it.
(Broadcastnow.co.uk)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 02:05:52 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #216 on: September 24, 2021, 02:43:01 PM »
I communicated briefly with David James Smith in early 2019.

I don’t know if it was a coincidence when the CCRC removed the link to convicted/exonerated killer Michael O’Brien’s video they’d collaborated with him on, after I mentioned it to David but the link stopped working very soon after. (It’s still available to watch here https://wearestraightline.com/video/11-years-wrongly-imprisoned-michaels-story and via the CCRC’s Facebook page here https://en-gb.facebook.com/criminalcasesreview/posts/ccrc-weve-posted-a-new-ccrc-film-on-our-website-we-made-it-with-national-prison-/791665714290789/)

I didn’t know much about David James Smith at the time and certainly wasn’t aware of the following https://blackwatertown.wordpress.com/2010/12/05/how-to-make-a-comeback-from-being-burned-at-the-stake/ from 2010 but it would be interesting to know why he has always cited Bamber as never having been diagnosed as a psychopath.

David James Smith
A fascinating thing about him that I always cite, is that Jeremy Bamber has no diagnosis of being mentally ill or a psychopath. To all intents and purposes he is as normal as you and me. He charms people still and wins them over to his cause. He is a fascinating study of the essence of investigating miscarriages of justice. He is what it’s all about. The claim and counter claim, the obscuring of the truth, the complexity and ambiguity of the evidence, the lingering suggestion of police impropriety.

More excerpts here  ⬇️
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8088.msg660808#msg660808

I’d also like to know how, when and why “Reader, I have no idea” morphed into “Reader you decide” ?

David James Smith
July 2021

’I remember saying at the end of the article I wrote that I had no idea of his innocence or guilt. I had put the case for and against and now it was up to readers. “Reader you decide”, I wrote quite grandly.

July 2010
I had said on the way in that I feared I would find him repulsive, but in the event, I found him all too human and understandable. Except for the part of him that I felt was hidden. The corner of his soul that carried the knowledge of what had really happened that night 25 years ago, and who really killed the family.
He knows the truth. And he is the only person in the world who does.
Was it Sheila? Was it Jeremy?
Reader, I have no idea.

http://davidjamessmith.net/pdf_articles/DJS_bamber.pdf
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/the-bamber-murders-and-by-dawn-they-were-all-dead-w[Name removed]sf7rphrf

July 2021 - by David James Smith and Ales Bellotti
‘Killer church warden Ben Field was no ordinary psychopath - as his chilling diaries show'
‘EXCLUSIVE: Gaslighting and manipulating his elderly lovers, evil Ben Field was jailed for murder in 2019. Here, crime writer David James Smith journeys into his dark mind

In his new book Let Us Prey, available on Audible, crime writer David James Smith journeys into his dark mind and the diary entries where he fantasised about smothering the entire neighbourhood.

‘One of the only journalists allowed to interview White House Farm killer Jeremy Bamber in prison, Smith here tells how Field is more "breathtakingly wicked" than any murderer he has ever covered

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/killer-church-warden-ben-field-24581812

Has David James Smith not recognised Bamber’s ‘gaslighting and manipulating’ over these past 35 or so years and does he not consider Bamber to be ‘breathtakingly wicked’?

I don’t know if David James Smith is lacking in insight but one or two of his comments to me in 2019 set off alarm bells

Including what appears to have been feigned concern of me ‘getting into trouble’ for my views on sexual predator, stalker and convicted/exonerated killer Barry George

David James Smith may have been ‘following’ Michelle Diskin Bates on social media because he also mentioned she was looking for a good ‘defamation lawyer’

@)(++(*
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 03:01:41 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #217 on: September 24, 2021, 03:05:51 PM »
Better not keep changing his mind about which of them saw what.  8(8-))

Could have been down to the ‘illusionary truth effect’, stress, tiredness, not being used to giving interviews - there are lots of reasons why he could have been discombobulated during that one particular interview

« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 03:12:14 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #218 on: September 24, 2021, 03:21:35 PM »
I don’t know if David James Smith is lacking in insight but one or two of his comments to me in 2019 set off alarm bells

Including what appears to have been feigned concern of me ‘getting into trouble’ for my views on sexual predator, stalker and convicted/exonerated killer Barry George

David James Smith may have been ‘following’ Michelle Diskin Bates on social media because he also mentioned she was looking for a good ‘defamation lawyer’

@)(++(*

I wonder if David James Smith contacted Mindhouse TV ?

We did get hold of several hours worth of archive material that hadn’t even heard before of Jeremy Bamber talking to the Sunday Times journalist David James Smith and so we have used that audio throughout the series as a way of putting across Jeremy Bambers point of view’  🙄

https://twitter.com/BBCEssex/status/1441402540600532994
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 03:24:32 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #219 on: September 24, 2021, 03:29:01 PM »
I wonder if David James Smith contacted Mindhouse TV ?

We did get hold of several hours worth of archive material that hadn’t even heard before of Jeremy Bamber talking to the Sunday Times journalist David James Smith and so we have used that audio throughout the series as a way of putting across Jeremy Bambers point of view’  🙄

https://twitter.com/BBCEssex/status/1441402540600532994

During David James Smith’s recent speech at Sussex university he stated,

‘My interview with Bamber was sanctioned, after a bit of a legal battle it must be said, by the Ministry of Justice.’

In Bamber’s letter dated 6th March 2010 to convicted fraudster Mike Teskowski (Who owns & runs http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php) Bamber mentions wanting to do ‘a piece with the Sunday Times guy David Smith’

Link to letter ⬇️
https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=211.msg2289#msg2289

Would be interested to know the exact date David James Smith first heard Jeremy Bamber wanted to organise a prison interview with him & to learn more about this alleged ‘bit of a legal battle’ with the ministry of justice and who approached who first?

According to David James Smiths Sunday times article dated 11th July 2010 he stated,

It has taken months to reach this moment, and I have jumped through many hoops to make it happen, layer after layer of permissions have been necessary, up through the highest echelons of government.

If the ‘Tuesday’ (Top of 2nd page here https://fliphtml5.com/mdtd/bfgq) referred to in David James Smith’s article was the 6th July 2010 & Bamber’s 1st mention of him wanting to interviewed by this ‘guy David Smith’ exactly 3 months before - then it would only have taken around 2 months or less to arrange? (http://davidjamessmith.net/pdf_articles/DJS_bamber.pdf)

Unless there had been previous contact?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 04:22:04 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #220 on: September 24, 2021, 03:44:05 PM »
I’d also be interested to learn how, as a journalist, David James Smith was seemingly allowed to take recording equipment into a Cat A prison in 2010 when Celia Sohpal and Charles Moffat from the Criminal cases review commission were not allowed to do the same in April 2013 when interviewing killer Simon Hall?

https://therealmrshspoofblog.files.wordpress.com/2016/03/ccrc-meeting.pdf
(Note Halls comment on page 2 ‘I took it out of the car and went to the garage for tools to open the locker’)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 03:53:45 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #221 on: September 24, 2021, 06:26:34 PM »
Flo Barrow
Series producer
We also unearthed unique material, including from journalist David James Smith who offered us exclusive access to his recordings of an interview with Jeremy Bamber from 2010;
(Broadcastnow.co.uk)

What Flo Barrow appears to mean is either Mindhouse TV contacted David James Smith (Ex criminal cases review commissioner) or he contacted them 🙄
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 06:42:54 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #222 on: September 24, 2021, 06:33:09 PM »
Flo Barrow
Series producer

‘We also unearthed unique material, including from journalist David James Smith who offered us exclusive access to his recordings of an interview with Jeremy Bamber from 2010; and author Carol Ann Lee discovered that her Dictaphone surprisingly still had audio on it from meeting Sheila and June Bamber’s psychiatrist as part of research for her book, The Murders at White House Farm. 
(Broadcastnow.co.uk)

‘Surprisingly’ ?

I suspect Carol Ann Lee kept everything - especially given the threats and intimidation she appeared to be subjected to

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #223 on: September 24, 2021, 06:46:51 PM »
On the blue forum, there is a link to an article from the website 'The Steeple Times' (never heard of it myself)....but apparently it's a report nabbed from a local Essex paper about a zoom meeting between some of Bamber's supporters banging on about his latest appeal to the CCRC.

https://www.thesteepletimes.com/the-fog/outside-jeremy-bamber/

Anyway at the end of the article there are 8 questions that the author of the article said Essex Police needed to answer...

But they are really easy to answer without police help, so I've reproduced the questions here, complete with factually correct answers.

So, it's all the same old same old...no new ground or anything like that.   But for newbies stumbling across this stuff, it's still important to put the record straight.

The questions below in bold are all from the article...

What happened to a suicide note allegedly left by Sheila Caffell that was initially referenced by police and then disappeared?

There was no suicide note in the bible.  June Bamber was known to make handwritten notes inspired by passages in the bible, and this is what the so-called 'suicide note' was.

It may be that the police were looking for a suicide note at the time, given that they initially blamed Sheila Caffell for the crimes, and they found a note made by June Bamber in her bible.  But it wasn't, in actual fact, a suicide note at all.

Why did Sheila Caffell not have rigor mortis when officers discovered her body?

The pathologist only saw the bodies in the morgue rather than in situ, and all indications were that the individuals had similar levels of Rigor Mortis, all consistent with being killed between 10:30 at night and 3:30 the next morning.   There is no evidence that contradicts this. 

Why was blood still gaping from Miss Caffell’s body when it was found?

There are two sets of images for the gunshot wounds in Sheila Caffell's neck.  One set depicts wet blood coming from the neck wounds, the other set depicts dry, cracked blood.   The 'wet blood'  images have been faked, probably around the years 2003-2005.  Jeremy Bamber illegally published the fake wet blood images via the corrupt legal representative that represented him in the early 2000's (The career criminal, Giovanni Di Stefano).

Corrupt 'lawyer' Giovanni Di Stefano has admitted that there are two sets of images depicting the neck wounds, one fake set, one genuine set.

Why are there different accounts about how many bodies were discovered on the ground floor of the farmhouse?

The first firearms officer to enter the house around 7:30am, prior to that he peered through the window and saw a mop of flopped down, gray hair, the face not in view and the body obscured by the strange position it had been left in.  He then said, from outside the house that the body appeared to be female, apparently dead.  That got logged remotely as 'one dead female'  Upon entering the house the same firearms officer corrected himself after seeing the body close up, and said 'one male, deceased'.  That comment was logged as 'one dead male'.

As there wasn't time to fill in the blanks in such a stressful, fast moving event, the person writing this stuff down wrote 'one dead male', 'one dead female'.    This was cleared up by the firearms officer in question, in statements and in court.

It is wrong to say there are differing accounts to this, and in fact there is only one account of what went on that night from all ten Firearms officers, all corroborating that there was only ever one body in the kitchen.

How could Jeremy Bamber be the killer if police officers repeatedly detected movement inside White House Farmhouse whilst he was stood with them outside?

Neither Jeremy Bamber or the police, reported any movement inside the farmhouse whilst they were positioned outside the house from the time they all arrived outside the farmhouse, until firearms officers broke into the house. None of Jeremy Bamber's witness statements or interviews talks about anyone seeing actual people moving around inside the farmhouse.

But, many years after the murders, Jeremy Bamber found a hand written document in amongst the evidence for his case (which he has access to in prison), that said firearms officers were talking to 'a person in the farm'.  The person in question was Jeremy Bamber himself, and 'in the farm' refers to the grounds of the farm, rather than the actual farmhouse itself.  White House Farm isn't just a farmhouse, the house was surrounded by a whole series of outhouses and other buildings.  'in the farm' means in the grounds of the farm, it does not mean inside the farmhouse. 

When Firearms officers spoke to Jeremy Bamber 'in the farm', Bamber told them the story about Sheila's knowledge of guns (in reality Sheila had no knowledge of guns, later admitted by Bamber) and how his dad had phoned him to say she had gone crazy with the gun.  So the firearms officers used a loudspeaker to try and speak to anyone still alive in the house.  This was written down in note format as 'challenge made to persons in the house met with no response'

Jeremy Bamber has used these handwritten notes to create a fake story intended to make people believe that Sheila was still alive in the house whilst he was standing outside the house.  The truth is that firearms officers were talking to Jeremy Bamber himself!

Why was the silencer supposedly used in the shootings not discovered immediately when police entered the residence?

when the SIO DCI 'Taff' Jones turned up on the scene and spoke to Bamber, and then saw the bodies in the house, he decided there and then, without any formal investigation, that Sheila Caffell committed the crimes, then killed herself.  He immediately wrapped up the investigation, instructing officers there was no need to search the house or preserve any evidence.  So no proper search of the house was conducted. 

It was admitted by the police at court a year later that the gun cupboard (where the silencer was eventually found) wasn't searched, and that this was a mistake not to carry out a search.

But this initial incompetence by the police favoured Jeremy Bamber, because as far as the police were concerned, and without conducting any investigation whatsoever, he was declared innocent.  So Bamber benefited hugely from the police not conducting a proper search.

Why did scratch marks supposedly made in the kitchen of the house by that silencer not appear in the first photographs taken at the crime scene? How were they actually made in order that they appeared in later imagery?

The scratch marks made by the silencer were made on the underside of the mantelshelf, so when you looked at the mantelshelf from head height, which is how the crime scene photos were taken, the scratch marks couldn't be seen. You would have had to have crouched down and looked upwards to see the scratch marks on the underside of the mantelshelf.

There was a scratch mark very close to the main set of scratches that was on the vertical section of red surround, therefore directly facing the crime scene photographer, and that scratch mark was clearly picked up in the initial crime scene photos, and the nature of that scratch mark is identical with the scratch marks made on the underside of the mantelshelf.  So some of the scratch marks were picked up in the original crime scene photos.

How could Jeremy Bamber be the killer if he made a phone call from his Goldhanger home 3.5 miles away moments after his father had called police from White House Farmhouse to say that his daughter had “gone berserk” with a gun?

Jeremy Bamber did make a phone call to the police, however, his father, Nevill Bamber, did not call the police that night.  There is no evidence to support this.

The document that Jeremy says 'proves' Nevill Bamber called the police that night, is a document that clearly states that the message in the document was sent from PC West, not Nevill Bamber.  PC West was on duty that night at Chelmsford Police station and did receive a call from Jeremy Bamber, but did not receive a call from Nevill Bamber. 

On the document there is a box labelled 'sender' which is filled in with the name PC West (1990), and there is a box labelled 'recipient' which contains the name MB (6), who was the civilian on duty at HQIR which is the incident room where 999 calls go to. 

So the document is an internal document sent from one employee to another, that describes the events of the night, all the way from Jeremy Bamber's initial phone call to Chelmsford police station, all the way up to 5 in the morning, with no mention whatsoever of Nevill Bamber having made a call to the police station. 

Bamber has used the document to create a fake story about Nevill Bamber calling the police.

Good stuff Colsville.

Matthew Steeples and the Steeple times isn't the first to publish JB/CT propaganda without any kind of scrutiny or apparent knowledge of the history of the case but I wonder if it would even be a story if they did?

I have seen guilters arguing that JB had the time to "make both calls" which just proves how effective the mythologising and misrepresentation can be, even among sceptics.

With  Matthew Steeples, Yvonne Hartley & Philip Walker
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fEf2WCKkT1M

@)(++(*
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 06:49:39 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Myster

« Reply #224 on: September 24, 2021, 07:03:24 PM »
With  Matthew Steeples, Yvonne Hartley & Philip Walker
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fEf2WCKkT1M

@)(++(*
Why no Pat Brown?  ?8)@)-)
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.