Author Topic: McCann v Gonçalo Amaral Libel Trial in Lisbon - Day 6 (3 witnesses)  (Read 25939 times)

Offline John

Libel trial in Lisbon - Day 6 Witness No 1

Patricia Cameron (nurse) evidence.

Gerry McCann followed by his sister Trish Cameron (right) arrive at court.

Libel trial McCann v Gonçalo Amaral - Day 6 Witness No1

(02.10.2013, 10:10 am) The Judge arrives. TVI's lawyer is missing. The Judge dictates a note to the Clerk of the Court relating to the delay.

The McCann’s lawyer, Dra Isabel Duarte, reminds the Court that on 12th September 2013, the Complainants requested that Guerra & Paz produce the receipts signed by Gonçalo Amaral relating to his book copyrights.

Lawyer for Dr Amaral, Dr Santos de Oliveira, objects, but the Judge refers to the new CPC and states that a party can present documents at any time up to the end of the sessions.

The Judge rules that the defence must deliver up the documents requested.

In relation to the order in which the witnesses will give testimony, the Judge suggests that Mrs Cameron (Gerry McCann’s sister) testifies in the afternoon, but ID objects stating that this was not possible since her flight back to the UK departs shortly after lunch. The witness Henrique Machado cannot swap places with Mrs Cameron because he has an appointment also around that time.

The Judge decides that he will hear Mrs Cameron as the first witness immediately followed by Mr Machado whilst third witness Mr Dâmaso is asked to come back at 2.30pm for the afternoon session.

The TVI lawyer has still not arrived but the Judge says the session will start regardless. Dr Santos de Oliveira pleads the missing lawyer’s case and attempts to obtain a further 5 minutes adjournment as it appears that the TVI lawyer is stuck in a traffic queue following a road accident.

See pdf for full Report

Important Notice
Readers are warned that this court Report is not a verbatim account of events but is merely a summary. 
As the content is sourced via a third party and although checks are made, the forum cannot guarantee
its veracity.  All reports are made in good faith.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:11:09 AM by Admin »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

Re: McCann v Gonçalo Amaral Libel Trial in Lisbon - Day 6
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 12:31:00 PM »
Comments worthy of special note!

*  After the Amaral book "The truth of the lie" was published the number of supporters decreased.

* Following the abduction and the publication of the book, Kate didn't go to the shops and had no social life.

* People believed the book because it was authored by the policeman who led the original investigation.

* Trish Cameron says the book is fake - it is a lie!

* The McCanns were advised to take security measures following incidents in public when people screamed at them.

* Twin Sean (5) asked Gerry if he was famous following a conversation he had overheard at primary school.

* Mrs Cameron says she is aware of the AG Report which says the most likely scenario is that Madeleine is dead.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 02:59:10 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Luz

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 07:38:56 PM »
The evidence by Trish Cameron will be posted shortly.

8**8:/:

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 08:53:26 AM »
I have had a sneak preview of the report and find it remarkable that the British Press are cherry picking bits from the evidence and ignoring the negative aspects in what would appear to be a concerted effort to make the sun shine out of the McC's arses.

For instance they forgot to mention the 17,000 strong Petition calling on Social Services to investigate the couple.  Also revealed is the fact that Gerry first read the PJ files from a translation on the internet!!

Also revealed for the first time is the fact that many people turned their backs on them following publication of the The Truth of the Lie book by former detective boss Amaral.

Trish Cameron also reveals that the twins are hearing comments at school about the libel trial in Portugal and that Sean once asked his father if he was famous.  More later peeps.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 09:05:31 AM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 02:56:08 PM »
Libel trial in Lisbon - Day 6 Witness No 2

Henrique Machado (Portuguese Press Reporter) evidence.

Libel trial McCann v Gonçalo Amaral - Day 6 Witness No2

Note: This witness is the last witness of the accusation strictly speaking, unless the Judge agrees to Mr Gerry McCann taking the stand in November.

The testimony as it happened...

(02.10.2013, 11:30 am)  Henrique Machado – Staff reporter with the Portuguese Morning Mail (Correio da Manhã) newspaper in Lisbon since 2005.   He is not a freelance journalist.

The Judge asks him if he knows why he has been asked to testify.
HM – I think I'm here because I interviewed Mr Amaral in June 2008, before his book was published. I was with Eduardo Dâmaso for this interview. (Note: this interview was published on the 24th of July, the day GA's book was launched, on paper edition only)

The Judge asks in what circumstances this interview occurred.
HM – It was an initiative of the Correio da Manhã. At the time Gonçalo Amaral had already resigned and had left the Polícia Judiciária (PJ).

The Judge asks whether the witness knew that Gonçalo Amaral had a thesis about the case.
HM – Yes. He says that this understanding was induced by the orientation of the investigation.

Download pdf for more...

Important Notice
Readers are warned that this court Report is not a verbatim account of events but is merely a summary. 
As the content is sourced via a third party and although checks are made, the forum cannot guarantee
its veracity.  All reports are made in good faith.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 12:11:28 AM by Admin »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 03:08:04 PM »
It seems that Trish Cameron, in keeping with most of the other witnesses, is only serving to underline the ambiguities in the McCanns' claims.

One example of many from her testimony, quoted from Anne's transcript:

ID asks whether the attention of the media increased or decreased after the publication of the book and the documentary.
TC says it increased.
ID – How do you know?
TC explains that her husband collaborated in the (Madeleine Fund) website. There was much more activity on-line.

Didn't they want more traffic to their website then? Couldn't this have also served well for them?

Even though she appears to do something that not all the other witnesses managed to do - point to a concrete example to justify her answer - the answer itself is contradictory.

Offline Matthew Wyse

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 03:12:54 PM »
That applies to the Amaral book as well and I would wager that book sales are going through the roof at the moment with all this free publicity           They do say there is no such thing as bad publicity.   ?{)(**
Most people suspect the truth but few are able to admit it.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2013, 03:15:17 PM »
It seems that Trish Cameron, in keeping with most of the other witnesses, is only serving to underline the ambiguities in the McCanns' claims.

ID asks whether the attention of the media increased or decreased after the publication of the book and the documentary.
TC says it increased.
ID – How do you know?
TC explains that her husband collaborated in the (Madeleine Fund) website. There was much more activity on-line.

Didn't they want more traffic to their website then? Couldn't this have also served well for them?

Even though she appears to do something that not all the other witnesses managed to do - point to a concrete example to justify her answer - the answer itself is contradictory.

I would argue that Mr Amarals book made more people aware of Madeleine rather than the opposite.  The searching claim in my opinion is a misnomer, a curved ball, a non starter. 
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

AnneGuedes

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2013, 03:20:09 PM »

TC says it increased.
ID – How do you know?

I think it shows Mrs Cameron's statement isn't made up, but genuine. She spoke from her indignation that lies are told and eventually believed about her brother. At least she's not invaded by doubt, which is probably better for her.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2013, 03:26:33 PM »
That applies to the Amaral book as well and I would wager that book sales are going through the roof at the moment with all this free publicity           They do say there is no such thing as bad publicity.   ?{)(**
Yes, but after having gained notoriety thanks to trial by media overwhelmed by media on trial, I bet the McCanns would prefer anonymity and simple life in the countryside. It might be the reason why they attempted to reach a settlement off court.

Offline Victoria

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 03:33:32 PM »
Yes, but after having gained notoriety thanks to trial by media overwhelmed by media on trial, I bet the McCanns would prefer anonymity and simple life in the countryside. It might be the reason why they attempted to reach a settlement off court.

They don't like being in the spotlight, but they will take every opportunity they can to be in it, no matter how difficult it is, because they know the only way to keep interest in the case is to keep it in the public eye. They are doing it for their daughter.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 03:40:33 PM »

Yes, this is the other side of the coin.

I nearly bought the book myself a couple of weeks ago, before deciding against it.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2013, 03:44:51 PM »
They don't like being in the spotlight, but they will take every opportunity they can to be in it, no matter how difficult it is, because they know the only way to keep interest in the case is to keep it in the public eye. They are doing it for their daughter.

I agree with you very much that their intentions are honourable.

The question is, are they always in fact managing to do the best thing for their daughter? Has the way they have handled things actually been well advised?

A case in point being this trial itself, in which they have failed to produced witnesses who are able to back up their claims.

Having said that we still await the trial's outcome...with interest

Offline Victoria

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2013, 03:46:47 PM »
I agree with you very much that their intentions are honourable.

The question is, are they always in fact managing to do the best thing for their daughter? Has the way they have handled things actually been well advised?

A case in point being this trial itself, in which they have failed to produced witnesses who are able to back up their claims.

Having said that we still await the trial's outcome...with interest

The libel trial, if it achieves nothing else, still gets Maddie in the news. As long as she is in the news, she is not forgotten.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2013, 04:03:19 PM »
Yes, this is the other side of the coin.

I nearly bought the book myself a couple of weeks ago, before deciding against it.

Why when you can download a fully searchable pdf file for both books?

Je ne regrette rien!!