Author Topic: Justice for Andrew Jones. Please help us convict the killers of our son  (Read 43005 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: Justice for Andrew Jones. Please help us convict the killers of our son
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 08:31:49 AM »
9th March 2013

It's time to help Andrew Jones' family find peace

A GANG suspected of shielding Andrew Jones’s killer were visited by murder squad detectives on the 10th anniversary of his death.

A GANG suspected of shielding Andrew Jones ’s killer were visited by murder squad detectives on the 10th anniversary of his death.

The 18-year-old Everton fan, from Walton, was punched to the floor by someone in a group of men and women who said he had bumped into them.

His family believe those in the group have always concealed the identity of his killer.

Murder squad detectives have spoken to each of the gang in a bid to crack the wall of silence – urging them to finally put any allegiances aside.

Detective superintendent Dave Brunskill confirmed: “We have gone to extensive efforts to try and reach individuals who may hold key information regarding Andrew’s death.

“We don’t know who is responsible but we know that the person came from within a small group of individuals.

“It is a heavy weight to carry for 10 years, knowing that their actions resulted in somebody’s death.

“Circumstances change – people have new responsibilities, they may have families of their own and think about if it was their child and justice wasn’t done.”

The unsolved killing has attracted controversy after a failed prosecution and a scathing rebuke by a Liverpool coroner to the group, who were all forced to give evidence at Andrew’s inquest.

Dr Andre Rebello said the suspects, who had confronted Andrew in Hanover Street on March 10, 2003, had shown “scarcely-believeable” gaps in their memory of the incident.

He said they would “leave court under a shadow because one of them was a killer” and he claimed on the balance of probability he was confident of the killer’s identity.

DS Brunskill said he remained confident of bringing Andrew’s killer to justice and his belief that his identity may now be known to friends and family members of those in the group.

In a message to the gang, he said: “Someone knows what happened that night and knows who is responsible.

“Now is the time to search your conscience, to realise the pain that Andrew's family still feel to this day and to do the right thing.

“By coming forward now, you can help bring this investigation to its proper conclusion and help this family find some peace.”

A £10,000 reward is the incentive police hope will lead to Andrew’s killer being convicted and bring closure for his distraught parents Andy, 49, and Christine, 51.

The reward was being broadcast along with an appeal for information to a near-capacity crowd at Goodison Park for Everton’s clash with Wigan today.

Posters are being distributed around the ground and the electronic advertising boards will be used to implore witnesses to step forward.

The big TV screens in Clayton Square and Lime Street will also broadcast appeals and posters put up at bus stops throughout the city.

Police also hope an video appeal today which you can watch below and on the BBC Crimewatch website will root out people who have so far been reluctant to give evidence.

Asked if he knew the identity of Andrew’s killer, DS Brunskill declined to comment.

But he added: “I would share the optimism of Christine and Andy that someone will come forward with information that leads to the prosecution of the person responsible for Andrew’s death.

“We will leave no stone unturned in our bid to get justice for his family."

Tomorrow, on Mother’s Day, Christine and Andy will march with supporters through the city centre to the spot where he was attacked in Hanover Street in 2003.

A piper and drummer will lead supporters from a memorial at St John’s Gardens, near St George’s Hall, to Hanover Street at 1.15pm.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/video-appeal-its-time-help-3009295
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 09:15:25 AM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 08:37:20 AM »
11th March 2013

Andrew Jones death eyewitness tells killer: 'Your silence will haunt you'

AN EYEWITNESS who saw Liverpool teenager Andrew Jones murdered in an unsolved one-punch attack today warned the gang accused of shielding the killer’s identity: “Your silence will come back to haunt you”.

Former taxi driver Mark Byrne, 47, watched on as Andrew Jones’ attacker delivered the devastating blow that led to him fatally cracking his head on the pavement on Hanover Street in 2003.

On the tenth anniversary of the Everton fan’s city centre murder, Mr Byrne spoke out against the gang of nine friends who have been accused of covering up what happened that tragic night.

James Roberts, Lee Paul, Michael Stevens, Neil Jones, James Foy and Chris Townsend, along with Michelle Kelly, Hayley Morrisey and Danielle Phillips were all forced to give evidence at an inquest in 2008.

Coroner Andre Rebello said the suspects would “leave court under a shadow because one of them was a killer”.

Mr Byrne recalled how he saw a “shoving match” going on as he drove on to Hanover Street, with Andrew immediately surrounded by six people. He said he remembers what happened vividly.

Mr Byrne told the ECHO: “They were pushing one another backwards and forwards, then a punch came out of the middle of the group.

“He landed right by my cab. I said to myself ‘get up and hit him back’ but it never happened. He wasn’t moving.

“Another male prodded him with his foot, not kicking him as such, but as if to say ‘get up and fight’.”

Mr Byrne gave a statement to police and attended an ID parade but, like other witnesses, was unable to make a match.

Mr Roberts, then 20 and from Huyton, was charged with Andrew’s death but was acquitted by a Crown Court judge partway through his trial.

Mr Byrne spoke of his frustration that the killer has never been identified.

He said: “I always thought there would be a time when it came out but so far there’s been nothing. But I’ve got a sneaking feeling that it will come back to haunt them.

“There were a good eight of them there, they know who has done it, they must do.

“I’m just shocked that it is not done and dusted.”

Andrew’s mum Christine, 51, and dad Andrew, 49, had fought for a joint enterprise prosecution, where all the suspects would be charged as jointly responsible for his death.

But the Crown Prosecution Service said doing so would not be in the “public interest”.

Mr Byrne said: “I don’t understand why they aren’t all put in the dock, just to see what comes of it.

“Among them, they know who has done it. The answer lies within them.

“What is wrong with them all being charged? It might finally make them talk. Every time I see Andrew’s mum, she seems to be in a world of her own. She just doesn’t seem to be with it at all.

“It is so sad for them. I really hope they one day get closure.”

http://www.osadvertiser.co.uk/news/ormskirk-news/2013/03/11/andrew-jones-death-eyewitness-tells-killer-your-silence-will-haunt-you-100252-32962759/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 09:25:56 AM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 12:59:42 PM »
Andrew Jones murder

Duration: 02:10

Crime date: Saturday 9 March 2003

Nature of crime: Murder

Where: Hanover Street, Liverpool city centre

Incident room number: 0151 777 8660.

Eighteen-year-old Andrew Jones had been out celebrating a family member's birthday in Liverpool city centre on Saturday 9 March 2003.

The teenager from Walton was on his way home in the early hours of Sunday 10 March, when he was involved in an altercation with a group of people. During this argument he was punched in the face. He fell and hit his head on the ground and died from his injuries later the same day.

Ten years on his parents Christine and Andy Jones are once again appealing for witnesses to "search their consciences" and come forward.

They are particularly appealing to the group of people who were with the man who assaulted Andrew that night.

They hope that those who saw who was responsible will now feel able to come forward with information, especially as they may now have children of their own.

A £10,000 reward is also being offered for information leading to an arrest and conviction.http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p016hz3w
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:08:05 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 01:04:51 PM »
9th March 2014

Parents of teenager Andrew Jones still heartbroken 11 years after his murder

Family is still no closer to justice for their beloved son

The parents of a Liverpool teenager murdered in a street attack have spoken of their heartbreak 11 years on.

Andrew Jones’s mum and dad, Andy and Christine, from Walton, speaking ahead of the anniversary of their son’s tragic death tomorrow, said despite more than a decade of fighting, they are no closer to justice – something which they find too painful to bear.

Today they appealed for anyone that could help police achieve a conviction to search their conscience and come forward with information.

Andrew, 18, had gone out in the city centre to celebrate a cousin’s birthday and was making his way home along Hanover Street at 3.15am on Sunday, March 9, 2003, when he was attacked. It is thought he accidentally bumped into one of the members of a group walking the opposite way. He was floored by a single punch, cracking his head on the pavement and died from severe head injuries the following day.

Andrew’s mum Christine, 52, said: “It’s just a nightmare. It seems like it’s going on and on and it’s never going to end. I can’t go on like this, it’s killing me and eating me alive.

“You can’t just go out on a night out and this happen. Someone has to be punished for this. If not what message is that sending out to other people?”

The Joneses have had several set backs in their fight for justice.

After a police investigation, James Roberts, then 20 and from Huyton, was charged with Andrew’s manslaughter but was acquitted by a crown court judge who ruled there was no evidence against him part way through a trial.

The gang suspected of being involved in the attack also stood before the city’s coroner Andre Rebello. But the inquest failed to say with certainty who had dealt the fatal blow.

The group of nine, who were called as witnesses, were condemned for their silence at the inquest – with Mr Rebello declaring that “one of them was a killer”.

Still no one came forward.

Christine said it particularly hurt her that some members of the group were girls who would probably have children of their own now.

The family is still pushing for a new law in Andrew’s name that would allow for the whole group to be prosecuted.

Under the 300-year-old joint enterprise law, a  group can be liable for a violent crime committed by one of its members if there is a shared intent to harm.  The Crown Prosecution Service claimed that Andrew’s death did not trigger that law because there was “insufficient evidence” to prove shared intent or foresight of what was to happen.

But ex-wagon driver Andy, 50, said ‘Andrew’s Law’ would allow the police to charge in cases where a group of people were standing together watching a serious assault.

Christine said: “When I saw Andrew on all those machines in hospital, I was just in deep shock.  It wasn’t an accident or illness that did this, someone took his life from him.”

Andy, who no longer goes to watch Everton play because he used to go with Andrew, has put posters up around Liverpool appealing for information and uses social media to highlight their case.

Merseyside Police is offering a £10,000 reward for information leading to a successful prosecution of Andrew’s killer.

Contact Merseyside Police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/parents-teenager-andrew-jones-still-6789507
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 01:08:25 PM by Wonderfulspam »

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 01:39:26 PM »

Justice for Andrew Jones. Please help us convict  the killers of our son

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2014, 11:21:12 PM »
I hope the killer gets identified! Those shielding him deserve time inn prison too! Cowardly b........s!

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2014, 11:35:41 PM »
I hope the killer gets identified! Those shielding him deserve time inn prison too! Cowardly b......s!

Sickening isn't it.  Total s..m bags.

Between them they know exactly who it was.

I hope they grow a conscience & a back bone one day.

Offline Tim Invictus

Put them all in prison for whatever the sentence would be. All to serve the whole sentence. Let them know that if the killer is identified the remainder will just serve the normal sentence for police obstruction/accessories after the fact or what crime their silence has been!

In America they would all be equally guilty.