Author Topic: Twist in case of missing two-year-old DeOrr Kunz Jr as parents named suspects  (Read 96596 times)

Online misty

If two people were colluding they would not collude to have one call 45s after the other.
IMO the call overlap rules out collusion between them.
Also the recorded call is completely genuine IMO.

I'm not sure it proves anything either way, as Deorr had apparently been missing for an hour before they called 911.
Were they waiting for their camp-mate to re-appear?

Offline pegasus

Expert analysis of mother's emergency phonecall
"There is nothing in the 911 call to suggest guilty knowledge on the part of the mother"
http://statement-analysis.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/statement-analysis-911-call-of-missing.html
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 09:25:23 PM by pegasus »

Online misty

Expert analysis of mother's emergency phonecall
"There is nothing in the 911 call to suggest guilty knowledge on the part of the mother"
http://statement-analysis.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/statement-analysis-911-call-of-missing.html

http://www.idahostatejournal.com/members/sheriff-discusses-deorr-kunz-jr-disappearance-and-case-of-baby/article_b4d359f2-0b13-55d2-9aec-178b359a5683.html

Sheriff discusses DeOrr Kunz Jr. disappearance and case of baby overdosing on meth
By Debbie Bryce For the Journal  Feb 23, 2016

*snipped*

“I was used to dealing with the press, but it was pretty overwhelming for a small office like mine,” Bowerman said. “It took all our resources. That’s why we ended up asking for assistance from the FBI.”

The Lemhi County Sheriff’s Office employs seven deputies and the sheriff and a support staff of about 20 people.

Last month, Bowerman announced that the little boy’s parents, Jessica Mitchell and DeOrr Kunz Sr., were suspects in the case.

Bowerman said the couple has continually changed their stories, and they’ve failed polygraphs examinations.

“We know that the parents aren’t telling the truth, and they know that we know that they’re lying,” Bowerman said. “I know that they know where the little boy is and what happened to him.”

While he hopes the case is solved on his watch, Bowerman said he believes it will be some time before an arrest is made in the case.

“We really can’t say if anyone other than the parents know what happened to DeOrr,” Bowerman said.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voice analysis versus polygraph test. Wonder which is the more accurate?

Offline pegasus

(snip) Voice analysis versus polygraph test. Wonder which is the more accurate?
If correctly done, IMO it's a thousand times more accurate than a primitive polygraph Misty.
Expert PH states there is no indications in her 911 call.
He does find some in her other available material, however IMO there are explanations for those indications, different to involvement, so it's an NG from me.   

Online misty

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/02/kunz-private-investigator-issues/
  Updated at 6:17 pm, February 29th, 2016 By: EastIdahoNews.com staff

Nederland, TX -– This afternoon the Senior Civil Investigator Philip R. Klein, a private investigator working on the DeOrr Kunz, Jr. case, made the following statement :

“In November of 2015 KIC Texas accepted the case of the missing child Deorr Kunz, Jr., who went missing from a camp ground near Leadore, Idaho in July of 2015. There has been much speculation by the public, family members and the press regarding this young child’s disappearance. Today we announce to the public and media the closing of phase three of our case and our conclusions to date. The following are our conclusions regarding the case :

1) The conclusion by the civil investigation team of “what happened” to DeOrr Kunz, Jr. is officially death by accident/homicide.

2) The following persons are “persons of interest / suspects with direct knowledge.”

a) Vernal DeOrr Kunz
b) Jessica Mitchell
c) Robert “Bob” Walton

3) The investigation continues regarding Isaac Reinwand – as he has begun to cooperate with Investigators and has given a further statement. Those claims and proffers are being evaluated at this time.

The final phase of our investigation will be recovery. We believe through evidence and witness statements we will be able to recover a body in this case.

We continue to agree with Sheriff Bowerman and his statements of this past week as we too have had to deal with multiple stories and changes in facts by some of the witnesses whom were on the mountain during the timeline of events.

We further agree with the law enforcement teams from around the United States that are involved in this case – that both Vernal Kunz and Jessica Mitchell know what happened on that mountain in July of 2015.

We want the public to know that we believe through evidence the family members of Kunz, Mitchell and Walton ARE NOT involved – however – we believe they are too close to their family members and are in denial. The evidence is very clear.

Offline pegasus

Thanks Misty
http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/03/kunz-investigator-jessica-mitchell-knows-where-deorrs-body-is/
"... there was a cadaver dog interaction with certain equipment at the site and that cadaver dog did hit positive. I can’t go any further than that other than we do have a dog that did hit in the initial two weeks of the primary investigation.... a cadaver dog did hit. That has never been announced before..."

Offline Eleanor

http://www.eastidahonews.com/2016/03/kunz-investigator-jessica-mitchell-knows-where-deorrs-body-is/

It seems this case will be resolved shortly. :(

I can only hope that if that pile of rubbish is the best they can do, then they should all be sacked shortly.

If they ever get an indictment then they have just killed the case stone dead.  Jesus Christ Almighty.  Just how stupid are these Law Enforcement Officers?

Even I in my ignorance could wipe the floor with what they have just said.

Online misty

Thanks Misty
"... there was a cadaver dog interaction with certain equipment at the site and that cadaver dog did hit positive. I can’t go any further than that other than we do have a dog that did hit in the initial two weeks of the primary investigation.... a cadaver dog did hit. That has never been announced before..."

Yes, that is interesting as the alert must implicate one of the 4 suspects. I'm just surprised the police didn't seem to be actively pursuing this aspect during the intervening months & left the PI to make such an extraordinary announcement. Perhaps all is not as it seems & there really is a fear factor involved.

Offline pegasus

Yes, that is interesting as the alert must implicate one of the 4 suspects. I'm just surprised the police didn't seem to be actively pursuing this aspect during the intervening months & left the PI to make such an extraordinary announcement. Perhaps all is not as it seems & there really is a fear factor involved.
"a cadaver dog interaction with certain equipment" what equipment could that be?

Offline pathfinder73

Eaton: Can you give us examples of the inconsistencies?

Klein: We can’t even match simple things like filling up with gas at a diesel store in Leadore on the day of the event. He clearly says that the gentleman who was pumping the gas actually saw the child. We interviewed the guy who had supposedly seen the child and he comes back and says, ‘I don’t remember seeing a child.’

Simple things like a dog in the back of the pickup – there was no dog.

Little things that investigators look at as simple things Vernal has not been able to verify with us.

As for Jessica, she has given five interviews to law enforcement and none of the stories she’s given us matched. In fact, she changes her story depending upon what day it is and what day we talk with her.

That’s very disturbing to us. We can’t even verify basic information that Vernal tells us and neither of their stories match. It’s not even close, as a matter of fact.

Eyewitnesses that they have listed – from guys that distribute the beer to the clerk at the store to the person that pumped the gas to the basic timeline information – Vernal and Jessica tell us one story but then the witnesses say no, that never happened. Here’s what did happen.

So we take all of that and we come back to them with, ‘OK, tell us what really happened because all these witnesses you have given us, they don’t match.’

And so they tell us the story and again. We go out and we try to reverify with different witnesses. Then, in some cases, some say, ‘We don’t even know who these people are. Who are you talking about?’

Not only that, it comes down to simple things like they played with DeOrr at the store. We talked to the witnesses before and after who didn’t even see a child (in the store).

It brings concern to us and brings us to the question of why would they lie to us? Why would they not just tell us the truth?

We add that Vernal has gone in for five polygraph tests from different polygraph test administers – state, local and federal government. Vernal not only failed all five but he failed all five in the 99th percentile. That is hugely disturbing to us.

He can’t even pass a non-control question like, “Are you gonna tell us the truth today?” He flunks it and not only does he flunk it, he doesn’t just spike in his polygraph test, it’s like a wave. That disturbs us tremendously.

Then we move to Jessica. Law enforcement gives Jessica four different tests. Jessica failed not only to the 99th percentile but she can’t pass simple control questions.

That’s not because she’s nervous. She’s able to pass her name, she’s able to pass where she is today, she’s able to pass the certain questions that are no-brainer questions, but doesn’t even come close to what happened to DeOrr or, ‘Are you going to tell the truth today?’ She fails so bad that in my 26 years, I’ve never heard of a person failing that bad.

Today we’re going to announce that there was a cadaver dog interaction with certain equipment at the site and that cadaver dog did hit positive. I can’t go any further than that other than we do have a dog that did hit in the initial two weeks of the primary investigation.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Eleanor

Jesus, these people can't even speak English.  But that is where they fall down.

Online misty

"a cadaver dog interaction with certain equipment" what equipment could that be?

I'm going to say fishing equipment!

Offline pathfinder73

10 OCT 2015 Interview Analysis

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline pegasus

I'm going to say fishing equipment!
What sort of fishing equipment do you mean Misty?