Author Topic: Corona Virus; Tips and info  (Read 25689 times)

Offline kizzy

Re: Corona Virus; Tips and info
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2020, 09:06:11 AM »

Really thoughtful idea Sadie to start this thread - good useful tips.

I read a book some years ago with scary similarities to this virus - The eyes of darkness.

it was basically invented in the book to weed out the sick and infirm in China.

“Wuhan-400”, the name of the city where the coronavirus originated.

A 1981 novel by horror writer Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus outbreak, it has been claimed.

Buried in the book The Eyes of Darkness, which revolves around a grieving mother investigating the mysterious circumstances of her son’s death, is a peculiar reference to a killer virus known as “Wuhan-400”, the name of the city where the coronavirus originated.

The excerpt features a character discussing biological warfare, calling the virus “the perfect weapon”.

“A Chinese scientist … defected to the United States, carrying a diskette record of China’s most important and dangerous new biological weapon in a decade,” the character says.

On a lighter note - I told my 4 year old g/son to sing happy birthday to me when whashing his hands.

He proceeded to do that by singing -  happy birthday to nana.  @)(++(*

Offline kizzy

« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2020, 09:29:33 AM »
Oh wow - sorry if not appropriate for the thread but hope its true it will disappear as quickly as it started.

Dean Koontz’s book The Eyes Of Darkness is getting a lot of renewed attention now, despite being nearly 40 years old. The book mentions a deadly virus called the “Wuhan 400,” which he described as a “severe pneumonia-like illness” that spreads attacking “the lungs and bronchial tubes” and “resisting all known treatments.”

He’s not the only person who seemed to have predicted the virus — or just had a good imagination to come up something which happened to partially overlap with actual events. So-called “psychic” Sylvia Browne supposedly predicted something like the coronavirus in her End Of Days book that, apparently, some of the Kardashians have read and recently quoted.

https://v1019.com/2020/03/10/did-author-dean-koontz-predict-coronavirus-in-80s-suspense-thriller/

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/coronavirus-dean-koontz-eyes-of-darkness-conspiracy-wuhan-china-symptoms-a9364386.html

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2020, 10:55:54 AM »
Oh wow - sorry if not appropriate for the thread but hope its true it will disappear as quickly as it started.

Dean Koontz’s book The Eyes Of Darkness is getting a lot of renewed attention now, despite being nearly 40 years old. The book mentions a deadly virus called the “Wuhan 400,” which he described as a “severe pneumonia-like illness” that spreads attacking “the lungs and bronchial tubes” and “resisting all known treatments.”

He’s not the only person who seemed to have predicted the virus — or just had a good imagination to come up something which happened to partially overlap with actual events. So-called “psychic” Sylvia Browne supposedly predicted something like the coronavirus in her End Of Days book that, apparently, some of the Kardashians have read and recently quoted.

https://v1019.com/2020/03/10/did-author-dean-koontz-predict-coronavirus-in-80s-suspense-thriller/

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/books/news/coronavirus-dean-koontz-eyes-of-darkness-conspiracy-wuhan-china-symptoms-a9364386.html
I'd say that is basically science fiction.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2020, 11:29:18 AM »
I'd say that is basically science fiction.

Probably but what a coincidence same town same symptoms

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2020, 02:42:45 PM »

Probably but what a coincidence same town same symptoms

Question is, was is released by design or by accident if indeed it did originate from a Wuhan research lab and not from eating bats and rats.?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2020, 02:53:14 PM »
People should be aware that the toilet rolls one buys in the UK are mostly manufactured here and not in China as the fake news has been claiming. There is plenty to go round so please stop over buying peeps.

The Covid-19 test kits should be available soon too if anyone wants to do the test privately.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline kizzy

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2020, 03:11:28 PM »
People should be aware that the toilet rolls one buys in the UK are mostly manufactured here and not in China as the fake news has been claiming. There is plenty to go round so please stop over buying peeps.

The Covid-19 test kits should be available soon too if anyone wants to do the test privately.

Well that is good news -  I think testing kits are essential

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2020, 03:57:14 PM »
Question is, was is released by design or by accident if indeed it did originate from a Wuhan research lab and not from eating bats and rats.?

It is a strange one really.  however I did read somewhere that the first person known to have had it was not from WUHAN district. Please don't ask me for a cite I didn't think to keep it.

It is a similar situation regarding HIV  and monkeys in AFRICA. some cats can carry that virus too. It does morph as a virus as it spreads to humans and other species.

I have been to China on a few occasions- I do love that country- not at the tourist areas and their markets can seem very scary places, all sorts of creatures. snake wine on offer ew  and bats for eating and medicinal use.

The thing is Bats for some reason are a protected species in the UK.  Flying Rats they are known as.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline kizzy

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2020, 05:16:35 PM »

“They call the stuff ‘Wuhan-400’ because it was developed at their RDNA labs outside the city of Wuhan.”

“Wuhan-400 is the perfect weapon,” he says.

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2020, 05:24:20 PM »

“They call the stuff ‘Wuhan-400’ because it was developed at their RDNA labs outside the city of Wuhan.”

“Wuhan-400 is the perfect weapon,” he says.

who are you quoting Kiz?

Offline kizzy

« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2020, 05:48:56 PM »
who are you quoting Kiz?

Just from the links, I posted earlier about the book.

I saw somewhere a doctor tried to expose it a lot earlier before it took hold in China, and ended up dying of the virus.

The Chinese doctor who tried to warn others about coronavirus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51364382
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 05:52:26 PM by kizzy »

« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2020, 06:12:01 PM »
Just from the links, I posted earlier about the book.

I saw somewhere a doctor tried to expose it a lot earlier before it took hold in China, and ended up dying of the virus.

The Chinese doctor who tried to warn others about coronavirus

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-51364382

Oh yes I recall this. Thank you for reminding me.  the guy was made a hero and many people demonstrated against the government.

Offline sadie

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2020, 12:08:34 AM »
Really thoughtful idea Sadie to start this thread - good useful tips.

I read a book some years ago with scary similarities to this virus - The eyes of darkness.

it was basically invented in the book to weed out the sick and infirm in China.

A 1981 novel by horror writer Dean Koontz predicted the coronavirus outbreak, it has been claimed.

Buried in the book The Eyes of Darkness, which revolves around a grieving mother investigating the mysterious circumstances of her son’s death, is a peculiar reference to a killer virus known as “Wuhan-400”, the name of the city where the coronavirus originated.

The excerpt features a character discussing biological warfare, calling the virus “the perfect weapon”.

“A Chinese scientist … defected to the United States, carrying a diskette record of China’s most important and dangerous new biological weapon in a decade,” the character says.

On a lighter note - I told my 4 year old g/son to sing happy birthday to me when whashing his hands.

He proceeded to do that by singing -  happy birthday to nana.  @)(++(*

Glad that you are teaching your g/son ways of prorecting himself, but ....

The *  Happy birthday to me  * song should be sung twice actually.  Maybe as he is only 4 and has litte hands, singing it once will be suffient time.  Dunno

Offline kizzy

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2020, 08:55:14 AM »
Glad that you are teaching your g/son ways of prorecting himself, but ....

The *  Happy birthday to me  * song should be sung twice actually.  Maybe as he is only 4 and has litte hands, singing it once will be suffient time.  Dunno

He loves playing with water Sadie - he would stand there all day if we let him.

There is hand sanitizer as well - something that has always been there instead of soap but now both.

While on the subject - I have been cutting hand towels in half longways and changing them twice aday.

The reason does any bacteria stay on the towel for anyone else drying there hands.

Using kitchen roll as well - but that ended up soggy with wet hands.

It crossed my mind when I was at my Friends house the other night and dried my hands on toilet roll

Offline kizzy

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2020, 01:49:39 PM »
Oh yes I recall this. Thank you for reminding me.  the guy was made a hero and many people demonstrated against the government.

It does make you wonder if there was a method in their madness - by silencing him till it had took hold IMO

As in the book it was designed to get rid of the weak - the strongest would survive.

Especially knowing how overpopulated and cruel it can be in China
« Last Edit: March 18, 2020, 06:21:37 PM by Admin »