Poll

If Offered A Covid Vaccine Today Would You Accept?

Yes
9 (60%)
No
4 (26.7%)
Don't Know
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Fast-tracking a vaccine  (Read 16468 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Fast-tracking a vaccine
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2021, 09:48:37 PM »
That seems very stressful.
Were your parents not given appointments?
I imagine she will be quite drained by that experience.

We received our letters on Tuesday with our appointment and an explanatory leaflet about the vaccine.
We have been given an exact time to attend and it is indoors in a sports complex nearby.  All our friends and family who are in their seventies received similar letters giving appointments over the next two weeks.  The appointments seem to be from the 1st of February onwards with those who are older having the first appointments.
Ours are for the 13th of February at 3.45 pm........ we're mid seventy...so one of the younger lot.
It all seems very organised...I hope it turns out that way.
Those in their eighties are being vaccinated at their own doctors surgery...our daughter in laws father was vaccinated at his doctors today or at home if thats not possible which was the procedure for my sister in law last week.

Did your mum or dad experience any after effects from the vaccine.

I had mine 18th January and had no after-effects. We were all kept there for 15 minutes after the injection just in case.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Erngath

« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2021, 10:45:02 PM »
Well my dad didn’t, but as my mum’s just had it I’ll have to get back to you on that.  She did have an appointment for 1.15pm but got there half an hour early and didn’t even get inside the building until 2pm.  Hope your experience is less stressful and arduous.

I hope so.
Possibly the biggest factor which could interfere with the smooth running of the process is the weather.
Snow gone yesterday but back today......
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2021, 10:45:37 PM »
I had mine 18th January and had no after-effects. We were all kept there for 15 minutes after the injection just in case.
Good to know.
Thank you.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline sadie

« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2021, 12:07:57 AM »
I am not sure if there are any laws prohibiting publishing this.   I think it is rather good and very well explained.   Video:  "How vaccines work"

https://mobile.twitter.com/adamhfinn

Mods/Admin please delete if I am breaking the Law.  TY

Offline puglove

« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2021, 07:43:05 AM »
Well my dad didn’t, but as my mum’s just had it I’ll have to get back to you on that.  She did have an appointment for 1.15pm but got there half an hour early and didn’t even get inside the building until 2pm.  Hope your experience is less stressful and arduous.

My husband had his first AstraZeneca on Wednesday and felt like crap for 24 hours (he has a few health issues). This morning he feels fine and is as bouncy and annoying as ever.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.