Alleged Miscarriages of Justice > Luke Mitchell and the murder of his teenage girfriend Jodi Jones on 30 June 2003.

Kimberley Thomson — Luke’s ‘other’ girlfriend.......

(1/19) > >>

Mr Apples:
Stumbled upon quite a few historical articles last night which might be of interest to the boardmembers on this site. The first one features an interview by Kimberley Thomson circa ‘06. Now, I presume most participants on this forum are aware of KT as LM’s ‘other girlfriend’ in the case, but wondered how many knew that Luke was meant to have been meeting her soon after June 30th, 2003? Was this a separate arrangement from the holiday that was cancelled  — the same place where he originally met Kimberley the previous year? Now, unless someone can prove otherwise, I can’t question the veracity of the contents of this particular article. Sure, the interview is a tad obtuse, and KT was a bit on the young side to be having a child (at 17), but that doesn’t make her a liar or any less a member of society. And bearing in mind that police could prove, from retrieved telecommunication logs, that LM had made 78 calls to KT between Jan ‘03 & Jun ‘03 (LM allegedly lied about this), as well as the other text messages we all know about. It’s also noteworthy that  the article out states that Judith ran out of court screaming when she heard the KT evidence. What do you take from the article below?

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/I+want+Luke+to+know+that+he+hasn%27t+ruined+my+life%3B+EXCLUSIVE+KILLER%27S...-a0155357337

Oh, also, here’s another very interesting article, featuring one of Jodi’s closest friends in high school at the time. The article highlights that Jodi found it weird the amount of knives Luke had in his bedroom and, possibly more significantly, that Kirsten recollected that Jodi had been ‘a bit quiet’ on the day of 30.06.03. Thoughts?

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/JODI+JONES%3A+HER+SOULMATES+My+Luke+has+all+these+knives+in+his...-a0127512558

faithlilly:

--- Quote from: Mr Apples on May 17, 2021, 11:12:37 PM ---Stumbled upon quite a few historical articles last night which might be of interest to the boardmembers on this site. The first one features an interview by Kimberley Thomson circa ‘06. Now, I presume most participants on this forum are aware of KT as LM’s ‘other girlfriend’ in the case, but wondered how many knew that Luke was meant to have been meeting her that fateful night on June 30th, 2003? Significant? I most definitely think so. Now, unless someone can prove otherwise, I can’t question the veracity of the contents of this particular article. Sure, the interview is a tad obtuse, and KT was a bit on the young side to be having a child (at 17), but that doesn’t make her a liar or any less a member of society. And bearing in mind that police could prove, from retrieved telecommunication logs, that LM had made 78 calls to KT between Jan ‘03 & Jun ‘03 (LM allegedly lied about this), as well as the other text messages we all know about. There’s an article out there which said that Judith ran out of court screaming when she heard the KT evidence (can’t find the link at the moment). What do you take from the article below?

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/I+want+Luke+to+know+that+he+hasn%27t+ruined+my+life%3B+EXCLUSIVE+KILLER%27S...-a0155357337

Oh, also, here’s another very interesting article, featuring one of Jodi’s closest friends in high school at the time. The article highlights that Jodi found it weird the amount of knives Luke had in his bedroom and, possibly more significantly, that Kirsten recollected that Jodi had been ‘a bit quiet’ on the day (30.06.03). Thoughts?

https://www.thefreelibrary.com/JODI+JONES%3A+HER+SOULMATES+My+Luke+has+all+these+knives+in+his...-a0127512558

--- End quote ---

Do you mean this sentence Mr Apples?

‘ If Luke had kept that visit to me would I have been dead now? Would he have still killed Jodi? Would we still both be alive? I don't know. ’

I don’t think KT was referring to the 30th but a visit that had been arranged to the town where she lived by Luke and his family which,  I believe, had been cancelled. I also believe Luke and Jodi were  supposed to have a birthday sleepover at a friend’s house that weekend instead.

As to Jodi’s friend’s interview, it says that the Sunday Mail was with Kirsten when  the guilty verdict came through. To me this suggests that an arrangement had been made before hand for an exclusive, paid for interview and the Sunday Mail were protecting their investment.

Was she quoted accurately by the journalist? Were things ‘spiced up’ to add interest?  Who knows but I have heard time and again individuals complaining about being misquoted in the press.

Nicholas:

--- Quote from: Mr Apples on May 17, 2021, 11:12:37 PM ---Stumbled upon quite a few historical articles last night which might be of interest to the boardmembers on this site. The first one features an interview by Kimberley Thomson circa ‘06. Now, I presume most participants on this forum are aware of KT as LM’s ‘other girlfriend’ in the case, but wondered how many knew that Luke was meant to have been meeting her soon after June 30th, 2003? Was this a separate arrangement from the holiday that was cancelled  — the same place where he originally met Kimberley the previous year? Now, unless someone can prove otherwise, I can’t question the veracity of the contents of this particular article. Sure, the interview is a tad obtuse, and KT was a bit on the young side to be having a child (at 17), but that doesn’t make her a liar or any less a member of society. And bearing in mind that police could prove, from retrieved telecommunication logs, that LM had made 78 calls to KT between Jan ‘03 & Jun ‘03 (LM allegedly lied about this), as well as the other text messages we all know about. It’s also noteworthy that  the article out states that Judith ran out of court screaming when she heard the KT evidence. What do you take from the article below?

Oh, also, here’s another very interesting article, featuring one of Jodi’s closest friends in high school at the time. The article highlights that Jodi found it weird the amount of knives Luke had in his bedroom and, possibly more significantly, that Kirsten recollected that Jodi had been ‘a bit quiet’ on the day of 30.06.03. Thoughts?

--- End quote ---

'Jodi thought Luke's mum was as mad as a hatter and said she knew Corinne was smoking a lot of cannabis 

She also drank a lot of alcohol - something Sandra Lean also commented on

Nicholas:
‘But only weeks into the relationship, Jodi became worried about Mitchell's close friendship with Laura Wightman, a girl he would later take to her graveside.

Kirsten said: 'Laura was with Luke a lot and once Jodi heard that he might have been cheating on her but I think she spoke to him and they sorted it out.'

Nicholas:

--- Quote from: Mr Apples on May 17, 2021, 11:12:37 PM ---Stumbled upon quite a few historical articles last night which might be of interest to the boardmembers on this site. The first one features an interview by Kimberley Thomson circa ‘06. Now, I presume most participants on this forum are aware of KT as LM’s ‘other girlfriend’ in the case, but wondered how many knew that Luke was meant to have been meeting her soon after June 30th, 2003? Was this a separate arrangement from the holiday that was cancelled  — the same place where he originally met Kimberley the previous year? Now, unless someone can prove otherwise, I can’t question the veracity of the contents of this particular article. Sure, the interview is a tad obtuse, and KT was a bit on the young side to be having a child (at 17), but that doesn’t make her a liar or any less a member of society. And bearing in mind that police could prove, from retrieved telecommunication logs, that LM had made 78 calls to KT between Jan ‘03 & Jun ‘03 (LM allegedly lied about this), as well as the other text messages we all know about. It’s also noteworthy that  the article out states that Judith ran out of court screaming when she heard the KT evidence. What do you take from the article below?

--- End quote ---

There was also another girl called Kim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version