Author Topic: The Steven Avery (Making a Murderer) conviction for Halbach's murder  (Read 5558 times)

Offline Samson

Re: The Steven Avery (Making a Murderer) conviction for Halbach's murder
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 10:08:59 PM »
Let me get this straight Scipio. You believe Dassey physically participated in the crime?

I thought no one did. Or is your argument that Dassey should be punished for making false statements?

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2017, 03:18:14 AM »
Let me get this straight Scipio. You believe Dassey physically participated in the crime?

I thought no one did. Or is your argument that Dassey should be punished for making false statements?

For sure he helped burn her body and get rid of evidence. I believe his confession that he also raped her.  Far from no one believing him many do.  I don't think tha he should have gotten life but someone else got to make that call not me.  Moreover, all that matters is what the jury believed not what I believe. There was no legal basis to vacate the jury decision. An activist court undid the jury verdict but the state is appealing so it is far from over.

The 7th Circuit in made up of 11 judges (there are 2 seats vacant one of which Trump has nominated a replacement for). Cases are heard by a panel of only 3 judges but parties can appeal such a ruling requesting an en banc hearing. If a majority of judges vote to hear the case then the 3 judge panel decision is vacated and treated as if it never existed and all active judges hear the case.  That decision is subject to further appeal to the US Supreme Court.  If they don't vote to hear it en banc then the state can still appeal to the US Supreme Court.

So there is still a way to go before the fat lady sings.
“...there are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, the third is useless.”  Niccolò Machiavelli

Offline Samson

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2017, 08:10:22 AM »
You seem to be saying I believe he is guilty and even if he is not the law got it right so he should stay in a cage.
This reminds me of our old friend Antonin Scalia and his lust for executing an innocent man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xci1a3yE0PM

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2017, 08:11:36 PM »
You seem to be saying I believe he is guilty and even if he is not the law got it right so he should stay in a cage.
This reminds me of our old friend Antonin Scalia and his lust for executing an innocent man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xci1a3yE0PM

I do believe he is guilty but my opinion matters not at all. What matters is that the jury believed he was guilty and had the right to based on the evidence. Activists decided to make up that his confession should not have been heard by the jury by making up it was coerced. On appeal such nonsense should and may be reversed.
“...there are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, the third is useless.”  Niccolò Machiavelli

Offline Samson

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 09:27:45 PM »
I do believe he is guilty but my opinion matters not at all. What matters is that the jury believed he was guilty and had the right to based on the evidence. Activists decided to make up that his confession should not have been heard by the jury by making up it was coerced. On appeal such nonsense should and may be reversed.
Look here Scipio, it seems you might think I follow a party line, but I transcribed this myself.
The recorded conversation with mother after arrest. If you work only with this for a start, and empty your head of what the jury heard, you might see how I focus on these cases, which is to stay away from the court room, strange though that might seem. Court is of course very relevant, but to confirm what crime scene and ananmestic evidence points to. I have more, but first this.

Brendan: I'm telling you the truth that it's not true.
Mom: Then why say it?
Brendan: That was when they came up here, remember?
Mom: Yeah on that saturday
Brendan: Yeah. They said already that they knew what happened. That they wanted me to.. they just wanted it coming out of my mouth.
Mom: Brendan, you don't just come up with something like that if something like that didn't happen. Or is it true, that he did kill her?
Brendan: Not that I know of I told you. He might have but not-not with me.
Mom: So you're honestly telling me the truth You didn't have nothing to do with this.
Brendan: No
Mom: Don't lie to me, Brendan.
Brendan: I ain't.
Mom: But what I can't figure out is why you said all this shit if it's not true. And how you came up with it.
Brendan: Guessing.
Mom: What do you mean guessing?
Brendan: I guessed.
Mom: You don't guess with something like that, Brendan.
Brendan: Well that's what I do with my homework too.
Mom: Yeah,I know.
Brendan: Well I do
Mom: No- the statement you made is what put you in there.
Brendan: Yeah.
Mom: And now you're gonna have to get so everybody out there, you'll have to get them to...Oh... You're not....you're gonna go to prison.
Brendan: Yeeah
Mom: Yeah! For the rest of your life. For something that's not even true.
Brendan: Yeeah
Mom: Is that what you wanted?
Brendan: Noo
Mom: Well, how you gonna turn everything around now?
Brendan: I don't know.
Mom: Well, you better just start putting your head on your shoulders and start thinking.
Brendan: How can I? I'm really stupid mom, I can't help it.
Mom: Why do you agree to everything then?
Brendan: 'Cause I'm stupid, I told you.
Mom: You're not stupid, to me.
Brendan: Yeah I am.
Mom: No, you're not.

Offline Samson

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 09:35:37 PM »
And this i transcribed

Here is Dassey describing Avery lifting the hood of the vehicle.

"Fassbender: Go Ba, I wanna back ya just a bit, you're down at the car, and you're hiding the car, right? (Brendan nods yes) Do you recall him taking the plates off?
Brendan: Yeah
Fassbender: Ok, what else did he do, he did somethin else, you need to tell us what he did, after that car is parked there. It's extremely important. Before you guys leave that car.
Brendan: That he left the gun in the car.
Fassbender: That's not what I'm thinking about. He did something to that car. He took the plates and he, I believe he did something else in that car. (pause)
Fassbender: OK. Did he go and look at the engine, did he raise the hood at all or anything? To do something to that car?
Fassbender: What was that? (pause)
Wiegert: What did he do Brendan?
Wiegert: Its Ok, what did he do?
Brendan: I don't know."

This interview is on March 1 and on April 3 they find the dna on the hood latch.

But let us look at this with just Brendan's words:

"Brendan: Yeah

Brendan: That he left the gun in the car.

Brendan: I don't know."

And note the only specific statement is plain nonsense as stated immediately by farttwister
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 09:38:15 PM by Samson »

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2017, 11:37:51 PM »
1) he knew he was being recorded

2) he was speaking to his mom and didn't want to admit he raped her

3) how could saying he raped and stabbed her be just guessing? 

Offline Samson

« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2017, 03:21:18 PM »
1) he knew he was being recorded

2) he was speaking to his mom and didn't want to admit he raped her

3) how could saying he raped and stabbed her be just guessing?
Scipio:
You are, in the world I see, an unwitting spokesperson for the system.
But I will seek further information on the principal that Brendan Dassey knew he was being recorded, and accordingly conversed with his mother with that enduring protocol in mind.
If you are ok with it I will post to ISF and IA (injustice anywhere) your posts..
It is obviously of paramountcy to get every view and all evidence into the court of public opinion.This is an enduring principle, no fact or opinion should be hidden under a rock if a human being is treated as a caged animal.

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2017, 04:41:26 PM »
As I predicted the 7th Circuit vacated the appeal decision that held Brendan's confession was coerced. The entire 7th Circuit will decide whether it was coerced. 

Offline scipio_usmc

« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2017, 05:20:33 AM »
The 7th circuit en banc decision has been released. Dassey's conviction has been reinstated the court reversed the ruling that held his confession was coerced.