Author Topic: Christmas!  (Read 22548 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Christmas!
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2014, 06:44:51 PM »
It's true!! It got onto local radio. It was ages ago, though I still laugh about it! My friend was furious that he'd managed to get so wet and mucky so went straight upstairs to run him a bath, and he asked if he could have a penguin in with him. When she opened his rucksack, she saw what he meant! They took it back the next day and as far as I know, it survived!

How wonderfully funny.  Imagine her face when she opened his ruck sack.

Offline Myster

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2014, 07:03:18 PM »

How wonderfully funny.  Imagine her face when she opened his ruck sack.
Imagine her face when she had to clean the bottom of the rucksack!  8(8-))

Everyone's complaining about the "Real Love" song being murdered by Tom Odell, but I don't think it's all that bad. Probably better than the original which sounds as if it's being sung through a drainpipe!
Although if starryian (an avid Lennon fan) was back here he'd be  8()(((@#
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2014, 07:16:32 PM »
Imagine her face when she had to clean the bottom of the rucksack!  8(8-))

Everyone's complaining about the "Real Love" song being murdered by Tom Odell, but I don't think it's all that bad. Probably better than the original which sounds as if it's being sung through a drainpipe!
Although if starryian (an avid Lennon fan) was back here he'd be  8()(((@#

Don't be a party pooper.  It's funny, okay.

Offline Myster

« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2014, 07:36:35 PM »
Don't be a party pooper.  It's funny, okay.
8()-000( You won't believe it but I'm a glass three-quarters full man myself!  ?{)(**

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2014, 07:44:19 PM »
8()-000( You won't believe it but I'm a glass three-quarters full man myself!  ?{)(**

All I ever got from my kids was a bathroom sink full of tadpoles which came in jam jars when I wasn't watching.  The glasses never lasted long enough in our house.

Offline Andrea

« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2014, 09:50:15 PM »
I prefer Lennons original. Jeff Lynne did a good job producing it IMO.
Don't like the John Lewis advert version.

Offline Myster

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2014, 11:29:13 PM »
I prefer Lennons original. Jeff Lynne did a good job producing it IMO.
Don't like the John Lewis advert version.
Both have their merits:

Beatles original... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYDwMeoCYB8

Tom Odell understated... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLYp-jgx-I

Offline sika

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2014, 08:54:46 AM »
Both have their merits:

Beatles original... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYDwMeoCYB8

Tom Odell understated... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLYp-jgx-I
That is very charitable of you Myster.

They shouldn't be mentioned together in the same breath.  I wonder if Odell even knows (or cares) what he's singing about.

I have to hand it to them, the John Lewis marketing team do the most staggeringly effective job. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2014, 02:21:16 PM »
Now that we have got Halloween and Guy Fawkes Night done and dusted it time to start to get into the pre festive Christmas Spirit. I always look forward to the John Lewis Christmas advert this time of the year.

The 2014 advert is excellent as usual this time using a penguin that going to be kids and adults favorite present this year having it related to penguins. John Lewis 2014 advert still does not beat the bear and hare 2013 Christmas John Lewis Advert that happens to be my all time favorite Christmas advert.  8()-000(

http://www.johnlewis.com/christmas-advert-2014-montys-christmas

nickwclarke2014@BhamUK

Awww that's so cute Nick.  I think I like the penguin one best  ?{)(**
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline nickwclarke

« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2014, 02:22:53 PM »
With the new John Lewis Store opening next year above the newly refurbished New Street Station the closest one that Birmingham has to offer at the moment is in Solihull Town Centre south east of the City at Touchwoods Shopping Centre where I see my AS psychologist.

I prefer to go clothes shopping in Next or at Debenhams as the John Lewis clothing is not really suited to my fashion style and age range. I do however like John Lewis with their household section. M&S are great for food shopping for special occasions but not so good in their clothing section.

Funny how one advert can make thousands of shoppers flock to John Lewis Stores nationwide as I witnessed yesterday driving past one! I usually try and avoid adverts if as they are too long and annoying by doing something else in another room or flick to a BBC channel between adverts.

nickwclarke2014@BhamUK

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2014, 02:26:46 PM »
It's true!! It got onto local radio. It was ages ago, though I still laugh about it! My friend was furious that he'd managed to get so wet and mucky so went straight upstairs to run him a bath, and he asked if he could have a penguin in with him. When she opened his rucksack, she saw what he meant! They took it back the next day and as far as I know, it survived!

That's sweet and funny but I hope the penguin wasn't too traumatised.

He obviously took the p p p pick up a penguin quite literally  8)-)))
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline nickwclarke

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2014, 02:32:07 PM »
“Why can’t bears eat penguins”?   &%+((£

nickwclarke2014@BhamUK

Offline puglove

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2014, 02:49:03 PM »
“Why can’t bears eat penguins”?   &%+((£

nickwclarke2014@BhamUK

They can't get the wrappers off.

8((()*/
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline nickwclarke

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2014, 02:58:42 PM »
Yes correct  8@??)( 

“Because they cannot take off the wrapping”   

This is a joke my friend that had a brain tumour at the age of 16 who is now 35, his tumour cannot be removed that left him with short term memory and hair loss and double vision in one eye.

His brother told him a penguin joke that he keeps telling everyone since he been told this joke as he says “he now has a sense of tumour” and full of jokes some of them bad

“Why do penguins walk softly?”

“Because they can’t walk hardly”  *&*%£

Some of his jokes he repeats due to his short term memory, I will give you one joke he likes to repeat that's funny as it sounds so bizarre so end up laughing at this joke each time he says it!

“What is white and cannot climb trees?”

nickwclarke2014@BhamUK

Offline nickwclarke

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2014, 03:20:24 PM »
Will never guess it!

“A fridge”

Told you it would be a poor joke!  8**8:/:

nickwclarke2014@BhamUK