Other High Profile Cases and Persons of Interest > Oscar Pistorius and the killing of girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

South African prosecutors to appeal against Oscar Pistorius' 6-year sentence.

<< < (3/3)

mercury:
Its a fact of life worldwide, white and/or rich and/or famous = low or no sentence and/or not guilty

Angelo222:
State prosecutor Gerrie Nel had argued that Judge Masipa had shown too much “maudlin sympathy” for the Paralympic athlete’s disability and anxiety disorder when she waived the 15 year-minimum convicted murders are meant to serve in prison under the law.

But Pistorius’s lawyer Barry Roux said his client had suffered enough following the shooting of Reeva Steenkamp, having already served a year in prison and further time on parole for her manslaughter, a conviction that was replaced on appeal by murder.

I agree with Gerrie Nel, Masipa has gone soft on Pistorius.  As for Barry Roux, his comment that the killer had suffered enough was pathetic. Stumpy should rot in jail for 20 years for what he did...no excuses!!

mercury:
Youre harsh sometimes angelo, but i agree he wasnt convincing, i dont remember him repeating over and over he didnt know it was her

It doesnt help though when s..mbag lawyers are appointed which roux was, to the extreme

As for masipa, i reckonherhand was forced

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version