Author Topic: Bamber lawyer Simon McKay loses fight to get fellow SAS soldier off gun charge.  (Read 9277 times)

Offline Matthew Wyse

I totally agree guys.  Had it just been the Glock 9mm pistol he might have been able to bluff it but he had 50 rounds for that weapon and 250 for another.  Where is the other weapon?  Has he already flogged it to some criminal bank robber or some psycho out to shoot a policeman?  These squaddies are bringing this stuff back regularly from war zones and what they are doing is entirely illegal.  In my opinion he deserves all he gets for what he did.

The motto of the SAS is He Who Dares Wins.  In this case it should be He Who Dares Doesn't Always Win!

In all the TV interviews with the wife and his lawyer Simon McKay I have yet to hear them account for the 300 rounds of live ammunition which was found along with the pistol in a box under his bed.  I think his credibility is fully stretched at this point.  If the appeal court quash this sentence they will be setting a very dangerous precedent.  They can't quash the conviction because he pleaded guilty on McKay's recommendation.
Most people suspect the truth but few are able to admit it.

Offline John

I totally agree guys.  Had it just been the Glock 9mm pistol he might have been able to bluff it but he had 50 rounds for that weapon and 250 for another.  Where is the other weapon?  Has he already flogged it to some criminal bank robber or some psycho out to shoot a policeman?  These squaddies are bringing this stuff back regularly from war zones and what they are doing is entirely illegal.  In my opinion he deserves all he gets for what he did.

The motto of the SAS is He Who Dares Wins.  In this case it should be He Who Dares Doesn't Always Win!

In all the TV interviews with the wife and his lawyer Simon McKay I have yet to hear them account for the 300 rounds of live ammunition which was found along with the pistol in a box under his bed.  I think his credibility is fully stretched at this point.  If the appeal court quash this sentence they will be setting a very dangerous precedent.  They can't quash the conviction because he pleaded guilty on McKay's recommendation.

Totally agree, its as if the 300 live rounds never existed.

His solicitor Simon McKay said he would be lodging an appeal against the detention on the grounds his client only pleaded guilty after being told he might otherwise be jailed for five years. 

Question is who told him because it sure as hell wasn't the judge??   Did McKay have a cosy chat with the judge in chambers or was this something the prosecution dreamt up??

"That guilty plea is not a true reflection of how he feels about this case," Mr McKay told Sky News.

"He has always maintained that he wasn't legally guilty of possession of this firearm," he added.

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Matthew Wyse

Did you watch the commons debate live earlier when the MPs were discussing the Danny Nightingale affair?  I thought to myself what a bunch of f..king hypocrites interfering in justice matters.  It just goes to prove that there are effectively two tiers of justice in this country.  One for them and one for the rest of us. I laughed later when I found out that the Attorney general had slapped down the Defence Secretary for even suggesting that he intervene.

Offline John

Did you watch the commons debate live earlier when the MPs were discussing the Danny Nightingale affair?  I thought to myself what a bunch of f..king hypocrites interfering in justice matters.  It just goes to prove that there are effectively two tiers of justice in this country.  One for them and one for the rest of us. I laughed later when I found out that the Attorney general had slapped down the Defence Secretary for even suggesting that he intervene.

Yes, it was awful.  The Government and Parliament have surely shown their true colours in this charade.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

Also today, Simon McKay attempts to have former SAS soldier Danny Nightingale's 18 month sentence quashed after he pleaded guilty to possessing an illegal weapon and 300 rounds of mixed ammunition.  Surely the judiciary are bound by his pleading irrespective of the bleedin hearts?

Another interesting point in this case.  He blames his pals for packing the Glock pistol and ammunition so why have they not been prosecuted?

Padgates staff

He's had his sentance suspended.

Offline Matthew Wyse

He's had his sentance suspended.
I notice they reduced it to 12 months but didn't quash it. 

This sends out the wrong message to soldiers who repatriate illegal weapons and ammunition back to the UK.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 05:12:02 PM by Matthew Wyse »

Padgates staff

I thought they said it went from 18 months, to 12 months and then suspended. I will have a look at that on the website.

Offline John

He's had his sentence suspended.
I notice they reduced it to 12 months but didn't quash it.   

This sends out the wrong message to soldiers who repatriate illegal weapons and ammunition back to the UK.

Questions must also be asked as to why someone who claims they are innocent actually pleaded guilty to such a serious charge.  I believe there is something badly wrong here and should be investigated further.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 05:13:02 PM by John »

Offline John

I thought they said it went from 18 months, to 12 months and then suspended. I will have a look at that on the website.

That's correct Joanne, they reduced it and suspended it and gave him permission to challenge the conviction.  This I find incredulous given that he pleaded guilty in the first place.

Offline Andrea

Im glad that this young man is out of prison, good luck to him.

Offline Tim Invictus

I agree Andy hun .... good luck to the SAS hero! If a street thug gets an automatic 5 years for having a handgun then I think a 12 month suspended sentence is quite reasonable in this case.
Although I would have preferred he had never been charged .... just given a warning!

Offline Andrea

I agree Andy hun .... good luck to the SAS hero! If a street thug gets an automatic 5 years for having a handgun then I think a 12 month suspended sentence is quite reasonable in this case.
Although I would have preferred he had never been charged .... just given a warning!

Agreed.

Offline ActualMat

It's good that he is out.

He should thank the press.

Offline Angelo222

Somebody is going to go down for this crime so time will tell if those responsible for packing the illegal hand gun and 300 live rounds are identified and prosecuted. It will be interesting to hear their side of the story.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!