Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 281163 times)

Offline Angelo222

Brexit has well and truly begun!
« on: July 20, 2016, 05:20:32 PM »
As predicted, Tory MP's heading off to the four corners of the world to do trade deals...Wonderful stuff!!

Well played Theresa   8@??)(   Onwards and upwards!!

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 07:28:31 PM by John »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2016, 05:42:56 PM »
As predicted, Tory MP's heading off to the four corners of the world to do trade deals...Wonderful stuff!!

Trade deals can't be excised until we leave the EU, and that has to be ratified by a majority of the countries in the EU.  ?{)(**

stephen25000

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 05:46:56 PM »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 05:52:44 PM »
Trade deals can't be excised until we leave the EU, and that has to be ratified by a majority of the countries in the EU.  ?{)(**

Which part of pre negotiation don't you comprehend?  As for the Pound, isn't it brilliant for our manufacturers and that was even before the vote!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/678539/Brexit-boost-exports-British-EU-vote-referndum
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 05:55:31 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2016, 05:55:10 PM »
Which part of pre negotiation don't you comprehend?  As for the Pound, isn't it brilliant for our manufacturers?

I understand pre-negotiation also means everything is up in the air until we leave.

Which UK owned manufacturers are you referring to Angelo ?

I am all ears on that one. 8((()*/

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 05:58:06 PM »
 8(*(b
I understand pre-negotiation also means everything is up in the air until we leave.

The following export product groups represent the highest dollar value in UK global shipments during 2015. Also shown is the percentage share each export category represents in terms of overall exports from United Kingdom.
Machines, engines, pumps: US$63.9 billion (13.9% of total exports)
Gems, precious metals: $53 billion (11.5%)
Vehicles: $50.7 billion (11%)
Pharmaceuticals: $36 billion (7.8%)
Oil: $33.2 billion (7.2%)
Electronic equipment: $29 billion (6.3%)
Aircraft, spacecraft: $18.9 billion (4.1%)
Medical, technical equipment: $18.4 billion (4%)
Organic chemicals: $14 billion (3%)
Plastics: $11.8 billion (2.6%)
Aircraft and spacecraft were the fastest-growing among the top 10 export categories, up 18.2% for the 5-year period starting in 2011.
In second place for improving export sales vehicles which were up 10.2% led by cars and work trucks.
UK pharmaceuticals posted the third-fastest gain in value at 8.4%.

2016 figures should well impress!!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 06:01:36 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 06:01:58 PM »
The following export product groups represent the highest dollar value in UK global shipments during 2015. Also shown is the percentage share each export category represents in terms of overall exports from United Kingdom.
Machines, engines, pumps: US$63.9 billion (13.9% of total exports)
Gems, precious metals: $53 billion (11.5%)
Vehicles: $50.7 billion (11%)
Pharmaceuticals: $36 billion (7.8%)
Oil: $33.2 billion (7.2%)
Electronic equipment: $29 billion (6.3%)
Aircraft, spacecraft: $18.9 billion (4.1%)
Medical, technical equipment: $18.4 billion (4%)
Organic chemicals: $14 billion (3%)
Plastics: $11.8 billion (2.6%)
Aircraft and spacecraft were the fastest-growing among the top 10 export categories, up 18.2% for the 5-year period starting in 2011.
In second place for improving export sales vehicles which were up 10.2% led by cars and work trucks.
UK pharmaceuticals posted the third-fastest gain in value at 8.4%.

2016 figures should well impress!!

No which of these companies are UK owned ?

Likewise, how many will re-locate  ?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 06:05:23 PM »
No which of these companies are UK owned ?

Likewise, how many will re-locate  ?

I suggest you try Google.  UK companies are so sought after, just look at ARM Holdings.

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2016, 06:13:42 PM »
I suggest you try Google.  UK companies are so sought after, just look at ARM Holdings.

Which UK owned companies ?

Indeed , now own by the Japanese, which is where the profits will go to.

Offline John

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2016, 07:21:21 PM »

More or less predictable.  Once the election was out of the way and the new Executive was formed it was down to business and BrExit was top of the agenda.  I take back what I previously said about Theresa, she has certainly started with an ALL GUNS BLAZING approach!  It seems that most commentators agree, she was unwilling to show this side while under the control of Cameron.  Could Theresa be the STEEL LADY?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 02:31:53 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

stephen25000

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2016, 07:45:44 PM »
More or less predictable.  Once the election was out of the way and the new Executive was formed it was down to business and BrExit was top of the agenda.  I take back what I previously said about Theresa, she has certainly started with an ALL GUNS BLAZING approach!  It seems that most commentators agree, she was unwilling to show this side while under the control of Cameron.  Could Theresa be the STEEL LADY?

All deals in the wind and subject to the conditions of leaving the EU.

Offline John

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2016, 08:15:30 PM »
All deals in the wind and subject to the conditions of leaving the EU.

Absolutely, all things are interdependent.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2016, 09:20:52 PM »

Kelvin Diesels, Weir Pumps (oops they are both Scottish so may not count in the future). TVR and Morgan Automobiles. Astra Zeneca Pharma. well the half of it that isn't Scandawegian. Even a large chunk of "our" gas storage systems are owned by AyDayEff. Perkins Diesels ; belay that they are owned by Caterpillar..... &%+((£.
JCB hooray. GEA err sorry German.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline sadie

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2016, 02:25:46 AM »
Kelvin Diesels, Weir Pumps (oops they are both Scottish so may not count in the future). TVR and Morgan Automobiles. Astra Zeneca Pharma. well the half of it that isn't Scandawegian. Even a large chunk of "our" gas storage systems are owned by AyDayEff. Perkins Diesels ; belay that they are owned by Caterpillar..... &%+((£.
JCB hooray. GEA err sorry German.

WE used to have a thriving British industry ... but it has almost all gone

Without this Industry, how are we going to survive?

Morgan and TVR and JCB, although all quality industries are not going to keep us afloat; they are too small.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2016, 03:02:57 PM »
WE used to have a thriving British industry ... but it has almost all gone

Without this Industry, how are we going to survive?

Morgan and TVR and JCB, although all quality industries are not going to keep us afloat; they are too small.

1. Rumour has it everyone wants to start a plant in UK now because the pound is down ergo so will be UK unit labour rates......sweat shops alive and well in a little island off the north Europe coast.
2. Import like we do now.
3.I don't think JCB would see itself as a small company with a turnover of two and a half billion.

Quite what Nissan, Honda, Toyota and VW will make of it all remains to be seen. I suppose VW will stay here making Bentleys and BMW will keep the Mini and Rolls Royce here. ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey