Author Topic: If Brueckner is Never Charged.  (Read 121316 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: If Brueckner is Never Charged.
« Reply #330 on: July 07, 2020, 05:03:16 PM »
He’ll need to be a rich man already to start a lawsuit against British tabs.  Perhaps it’s time for his defence team on here to start that Crowdfunder.

I was thinking that. He should get plenty of support for his legal costs.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #331 on: July 07, 2020, 05:18:45 PM »
From today’s Times wrt to Johnny Depp’s libel case against the Sun:

“A defamation action is a civil law claim and can be brought if someone publishes to other people a statement about you which has either caused your reputation serious harm or is likely to cause it serious harm.
There are four possible defences to defamation. Firstly, that the statement about you is true. Secondly, that it was not a statement of fact but an honest opinion. Thirdly, that publication was justified because it was on a matter of public interest, and finally that it was protected by "privilege".
However, defamation actions work differently from many civil actions such as breach of contract, where the burden of proving the "wrong" lies with the person bringing the claim. In defamation, that person has to show that the statement about them has a defamatory meaning - ie that it lowers them in the minds of right-thinking members of society.
"Meaning" is now decided by a judge at an early, pre-trial stage. Many cases settle after the judge has ruled on meaning, but if a claim does go to trial, the burden then lies with the publisher to prove, for example, that the statement was substantially true. This is when the gloves come off and personal reputations and behaviour come under intense scrutiny”

Do we think that the news coverage of the child abuser and rapist has damaged his reputation? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #332 on: July 07, 2020, 05:43:08 PM »
Convicted Paedophile, Rapist and Drug Dealer sues for Loss of Reputation.

Ridiculous I know but that’s the law.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #333 on: July 07, 2020, 05:43:47 PM »

I was thinking that. He should get plenty of support for his legal costs.

Where do I donate?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #334 on: July 07, 2020, 05:47:06 PM »
Where do I donate?

We are all waiting for you to start it.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #335 on: July 07, 2020, 05:47:37 PM »
If there was anything substantive he would be charged and the rape sentence is yet to be imposed.
Mr Wolters is appealing to the public for more information on Brückner. Like so many here have argued; the reason him not been charged is that the moment they do so, his lawyer is entitled to see the evidence against him and German authorities want to prevent that since they know he will be denied parole and that will give them another, at least, six months to gather information.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #336 on: July 07, 2020, 06:02:20 PM »
Mr Wolters is appealing to the public for more information on Brückner. Like so many here have argued; the reason him not been charged is that the moment they do so, his lawyer is entitled to see the evidence against him and German authorities want to prevent that since they know he will be denied parole and that will give them another, at least, six months to gather information.

With the greatest respect that is absolute nonsense. The evidence they have is the evidence they have. If it is strong enough there will be nothing his defence can do. In this country we have disclosure. https://www.cps.gov.uk/disclosure.
I’ve never heard of a suspect not being charged in case the defence find out what evidence the prosecution have.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #337 on: July 07, 2020, 06:15:27 PM »
With the greatest respect that is absolute nonsense. The evidence they have is the evidence they have. If it is strong enough there will be nothing his defence can do. In this country we have disclosure. https://www.cps.gov.uk/disclosure.
I’ve never heard of a suspect not being charged in case the defence find out what evidence the prosecution have.

Anthro is absolutely correct...HCW said exactly this three or four weeks ago. I've posted this several times since.
Of course the amateur lawyers and amateur detectives here think they know more than HCW

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #338 on: July 07, 2020, 06:20:02 PM »
Incredible isn’t it?  The same people who waited with baited breath for Amaral to flourish his ace now refusing to accept that the Germans haven’t already laid all their cards on the table!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Anthro

« Reply #339 on: July 07, 2020, 06:20:31 PM »
Your highlighted words are meaningless, since you regard me as someone who ‘wants’ Brückner to be involved with Madeleine’s disappearance. It is way more complex than what you are trying to portray. To me, they are appealing for information because they have some pivotal information related to Madeleine. They are buying themselves some time, trusting that more evidence will be forthcoming.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #340 on: July 07, 2020, 06:30:52 PM »
Your highlighted words are meaningless, since you regard me as someone who ‘wants’ Brückner to be involved with Madeleine’s disappearance. It is way more complex than what you are trying to portray. To me, they are appealing for information because they have some pivotal information related to Madeleine. They are buying themselves some time, trusting that more evidence will be forthcoming.

It’s not complex at all. If they had concrete evidence of his guilt they would have charged him. It’s actually very simple and I’ll predict he’ll never be charged.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #341 on: July 07, 2020, 06:33:52 PM »
Where do I donate?
You can write him a cheque and send it to him in prison right now, what’s stopping you?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #342 on: July 07, 2020, 06:55:34 PM »
You can write him a cheque and send it to him in prison right now, what’s stopping you?

I need the full address of the prison he's being held in.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #343 on: July 07, 2020, 06:57:34 PM »
I need the full address of the prison he's being held in.

Christian Brückner
Faeschstraße 8,
 24114 Kiel,
Germany

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #344 on: July 07, 2020, 06:58:55 PM »
Christian Brückner
Faeschstraße 8,
 24114 Kiel,
Germany

Thanks very much, I'll get on it right away.

I'll sooner donate to him than the McCanns shed roof fund any day.