Author Topic: If Brueckner is Never Charged.  (Read 121315 times)

Offline jassi

Re: If Brueckner is Never Charged.
« Reply #900 on: July 19, 2020, 01:22:43 PM »
I wouldn't go that far.  This already a horrible man who needs locking up.

He is locked up.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #901 on: July 19, 2020, 01:30:25 PM »
He is locked up.

For a very long time, I meant, as well you know.

How The German Police go about this is fine by me.

Offline jassi

« Reply #902 on: July 19, 2020, 01:35:53 PM »
For a very long time, I meant, as well you know.

How The German Police go about this is fine by me.

The system only allows people to be locked up for the crime they are convicted of, not because they are ' a bad lot'
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #903 on: July 19, 2020, 01:38:52 PM »
The system only allows people to be locked up for the crime they are convicted of, not because they are ' a bad lot'

I think sentencing is influenced by previous

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #904 on: July 19, 2020, 01:48:01 PM »

Breukner is their bad egg.  And if you think he is just a bad lot then you have a problem.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #905 on: July 19, 2020, 01:49:24 PM »

I think sentencing is influenced by previous

I don't know.  But I blimmin well hope so.

Offline jassi

« Reply #906 on: July 19, 2020, 01:55:26 PM »
Breukner is their bad egg.  And if you think he is just a bad lot then you have a problem.

I was using it as a figure of speech, but if you look at his convictions he has never served very long for any of them, other than this pending rape one.

Or maybe not -

Offline jassi

« Reply #907 on: July 19, 2020, 02:06:17 PM »
I don't know.  But I blimmin well hope so.

Judges still have to work withing the tariff for the crime

Or maybe not -

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #908 on: July 19, 2020, 02:59:31 PM »
I was using it as a figure of speech, but if you look at his convictions he has never served very long for any of them, other than this pending rape one.

And even that is a bit of a joke.  Seven Years for violently Raping and Torturing an old woman.

No wonder Germany needs to get it's act together.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #909 on: July 19, 2020, 03:01:23 PM »
Judges still have to work withing the tariff for the crime

A bit like Portugal, you mean.

Someone needs to rethink The Tariff.

Offline jassi

« Reply #910 on: July 19, 2020, 03:06:57 PM »

There are plenty of the  'flog 'em & Hang 'em brigade in UK who think our tarriffs too lenient as well.

Or maybe not -

Offline Brietta

« Reply #911 on: July 19, 2020, 03:18:22 PM »

At least they made the effort which is more than can be said for the Portuguese in the case of the similar rape carried out on the younger Irish woman and by the looks of it in the older woman's case as well.

Why does Portuguese officialdom apparently think it is preferable to play down outrages of this type rather than deal with them as they should to 'protect' the tourist trade.

Visitors from Britain and Ireland will go to enjoy Portugal whatever at the moment ... but if they think their safety is compromised I think that may do longer term damage to the tourist trade than grasping the bull by the horns and sorting it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #912 on: July 19, 2020, 04:16:47 PM »
There are plenty of the  'flog 'em & Hang 'em brigade in UK who think our tarriffs too lenient as well.

I don't want to flog or hang anyone.  But neither do I want to be sexually abused.  God knows what France would do about this.  But I doubt it would be just seven years.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #913 on: July 19, 2020, 04:19:33 PM »
At least they made the effort which is more than can be said for the Portuguese in the case of the similar rape carried out on the younger Irish woman and by the looks of it in the older woman's case as well.

Why does Portuguese officialdom apparently think it is preferable to play down outrages of this type rather than deal with them as they should to 'protect' the tourist trade.

Visitors from Britain and Ireland will go to enjoy Portugal whatever at the moment ... but if they think their safety is compromised I think that may do longer term damage to the tourist trade than grasping the bull by the horns and sorting it.

No old woman in her right mind would want to go to Portugal at the moment.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #914 on: July 19, 2020, 04:53:49 PM »

Most rapists don’t even see a court in the UK.