Author Topic: If Brueckner is Never Charged.  (Read 121317 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: If Brueckner is Never Charged.
« Reply #915 on: July 19, 2020, 04:56:15 PM »
Most rapists don’t even see a court in the UK.

Most old women don't get tied to a post and beaten.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #916 on: July 19, 2020, 04:59:05 PM »
Most old women don't get tied to a post and beaten.

No. Thank god, and not in Portugal either.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #917 on: July 19, 2020, 05:05:30 PM »

But so she was.  In Portugal.  By Brueckner.  Or have you not been paying attention?

God preserve me from those who don't want to know.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #918 on: July 19, 2020, 05:27:20 PM »

I am incredulous that you have posted that given the terrifying and life changing ordeal that Brueckner put that woman through.

He didn't beat her with any old common or garden strip of metal ... I believe he used a sharp killing instrument ... as well as the pain of her torture there must have been the mental anguish that was how she was going to die at the hands of a sadistic torturer and rapist.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #919 on: July 19, 2020, 05:43:25 PM »
I am incredulous that you have posted that given the terrifying and life changing ordeal that Brueckner put that woman through.

He didn't beat her with any old common or garden strip of metal ... I believe he used a sharp killing instrument ... as well as the pain of her torture there must have been the mental anguish that was how she was going to die at the hands of a sadistic torturer and rapist.

You can't help some people because they don't want to know if the mere idea offends them.  Hence it never happened.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #920 on: July 19, 2020, 06:02:45 PM »
At least they made the effort which is more than can be said for the Portuguese in the case of the similar rape carried out on the younger Irish woman and by the looks of it in the older woman's case as well.

Why does Portuguese officialdom apparently think it is preferable to play down outrages of this type rather than deal with them as they should to 'protect' the tourist trade.

Visitors from Britain and Ireland will go to enjoy Portugal whatever at the moment ... but if they think their safety is compromised I think that may do longer term damage to the tourist trade than grasping the bull by the horns and sorting it.

1 in 70 reported rapes lead to charges in the U.K. Why any female tourists come here with rape statistics like that baffles me.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #921 on: July 19, 2020, 06:05:55 PM »
You can't help some people because they don't want to know if the mere idea offends them.  Hence it never happened.

Nobody is denying it happened but using this horrific rape to push an agenda while ignoring the terrible rape statistics here is what most people find offensive I think.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #922 on: July 19, 2020, 07:10:05 PM »
Nobody is denying it happened but using this horrific rape to push an agenda while ignoring the terrible rape statistics here is what most people find offensive I think.
#

No one here is doing that . I don't know how the rape statistics vary between here and portugal and Im sure you don't either.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #923 on: July 19, 2020, 07:54:21 PM »
#

No one here is doing that . I don't know how the rape statistics vary between here and portugal and Im sure you don't either.

I haven’t pretended that I know....but ‘people in glass houses’ etc etc.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #924 on: July 19, 2020, 08:04:54 PM »
I haven’t pretended that I know....but ‘people in glass houses’ etc etc.

More baseless accusations...one thing you are good at. For some reason some posters seem to want to make excuses for CB.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #925 on: July 19, 2020, 08:18:37 PM »
More baseless accusations...one thing you are good at. For some reason some posters seem to want to make excuses for CB.

Not sure what you mean about baseless accusations but when we have such terrible statistics in the UK in relation to rape we really shouldn’t be scoffing at the way Portugal handle this awful crime.

As to Brueckner no one, as far as I can see, is making excuses for him. I think everyone thinks he is a despicable human being but a miscarriage of justice serves no one, especially not Madeleine’s parents.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #926 on: July 19, 2020, 08:21:29 PM »
Not sure what you mean about baseless accusations but when we have such terrible statistics in the UK in relation to rape we really shouldn’t be scoffing at the way Portugal handle this awful crime.

As to Brueckner no one, as far as I can see, is making excuses for him. I think everyone thinks he is a despicable human being but a miscarriage of justice serves no one, especially not Madeleine’s parents.

how do the UK statistics compare to portugal...you dont know....I  do know taht a violent portugese rapsit got a suspended sentence,..you dont really condone taht do you

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #927 on: July 19, 2020, 08:44:52 PM »
how do the UK statistics compare to portugal...you dont know....I  do know taht a violent portugese rapsit got a suspended sentence,..you dont really condone taht do you

Of course not...it’s an absolute travesty of justice. Who was the rapist ?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #928 on: July 19, 2020, 11:00:45 PM »

Davel, you know that isn't true! No one on this forum is making excuses for CB, Every post mentioning him is filled with disgust directed at him.
Unless you want to name names...

There are people who are questioning the reality of CB being the one who abducted /killed Madeleine. and it is a debate- none are 100% correct because he has not been charged regardless of what weighted circumstantial evidence there is.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline sadie

« Reply #929 on: July 19, 2020, 11:48:35 PM »
British shoes being worn in a foreign country? It's even possible to buy British shoes in foreign countries in the 21st Century! Even in Portugal!

https://www.spartoo.pt/Start-Rite-b783.php?marque=783&type=1&track_id=adwo&ggnetwork=g&ggcreative=406954238099&ggkeyword=%2Bstart%20%2Brite&ggmatchtype=b&ggsource=s&mkwid=aIbXYTu4_dc&plid=&ggcamp=95254304&ggproduct_partition_id=&gclid=CjwKCAjwr7X4BRA4EiwAUXjbtxcv6EoXX9Nmh6XetiHctgmvGwoYbD04Bv1yVNFRbAMq-7ONMshWLBoCCNIQAvD_BwE#rst

Exactly  … and they could be bought in the Country where I believe I saw Madeleine dancing.  But at over 70 euros a pair for a child, who is going to buy them ?

I would suggest that it might be a very rich person (an elite) or a person of British connection who is also very well off.   Both descriptions match my elite suspect

I can only remember having Startrites fitted once when I was a child, and my guess is that it was after my older sister had to have treatment for crooked toes and bunions. Mum and Dad weren't going to make the same mistake twice.   
I only once was able to afford to have my children fully fitted for Startrights, but like my Mum and Dad with me, I took the next best option for my children of semi fitted Clarks.   Both children had good feet.