Author Topic: If Brueckner is Never Charged.  (Read 121269 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: If Brueckner is Never Charged.
« Reply #960 on: July 22, 2020, 08:25:11 AM »
Portuguese police 'have only 22 more months to make their case against prime suspect Christian Brueckner' for the kidnap and murder of three-year-old Madeleine McCann before 15-year limit for prosecutions runs out
  • Rogerio Alves said police have only 22 months left to arrest Christian Brueckner
  • Said investigation 'still on time' even with 15-year prosecution limit in Portugal
  • Madeleine went missing in 2007 from a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz
By JEMMA CARR FOR MAILONLINE

Portuguese police have less than two years to make their case against Christian Brueckner for the kidnap and murder of three-year-old Madeleine McCann, her family's lawyer said.

Rogerio Alves said police have only 22 more months and 'time is getting short now' because of a 15-year statute of limitations for prosecutions in Portugal.

Speaking on McCann: The Hunt for the Prime Suspect on ITV, Alves said: 'We have a 15 years time barrier, even to manslaughter, to homicide, to certain sexual offences — and even to the most serious kind of kidnapping.

'So we are still on time. But time is getting short now.'

The show - set to air at 9pm on Thursday - also addresses the mistakes police made which potentially stopped Brueckner from being a known suspect earlier on.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8547087/Portuguese-police-22-months-make-case-against-Christian-Brueckner.html

I do not believe it.  Well, I do.  So there's another bit of Portuguese Law that I really didn't want to know.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #961 on: July 22, 2020, 08:47:03 AM »
I do not believe it.  Well, I do.  So there's another bit of Portuguese Law that I really didn't want to know.

It seems that without the Germans and their initiative renewing active interest in Madeleine's case - all any perpetrator had to do was play a waiting game.

Then s/he could have written yet another pejorative book bemoaning about being hounded by the McCanns for fifteen years ... sure to be a best seller.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #962 on: July 22, 2020, 08:48:22 AM »

I thought the parents didn’t have a lawyer ?

Curiouser and curiouser.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline jassi

« Reply #963 on: July 22, 2020, 08:52:18 AM »

Why so surprised?
Many countries have a statute of limitation for various crimes.

Presumably this will apply not just to Brueckner, but anyone else who had any hand in this disappearance.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 08:54:38 AM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #964 on: July 22, 2020, 09:08:43 AM »
Why so surprised?

Presumably this will apply not just to Brueckner, but anyone else who had any hand in this disappearance.

here in australia if you  are missing for  7  years  you  are considered legally   dead by  law

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #965 on: July 22, 2020, 09:15:41 AM »
Has Portugal expressed an interest in prosecuting this suspect? The Germans seem happy to deal with him.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #966 on: July 22, 2020, 09:29:25 AM »
Police in Portugal reopen rape investigation after claim against Madeleine McCann suspect
Hazel Behan thinks her attacker may have been Christian B, the main suspect in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

Martin Brunt
Crime correspondent @skymartinbrunt

Portuguese police have reopened their investigation into the unsolved rape of an Irish woman after 16 years.

Hazel Behan, 37, believes her attacker may have been drifter Christian B, the main suspect in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

He was convicted of a similar rape a year after Ms Behan was attacked and two years before Madeleine vanished.

This week detectives collected their own archived case files from the court in Portimao to see if they could build a case against the suspect.

One problem they will face is that vital forensic evidence with potential DNA was destroyed on the orders of a judge, a common practice in Portuguese cases where no suspect is identified.

A source told Sky News: "Detectives are looking again for new evidence and the investigation is reopened."

Ms Behan was a 20-year-old holiday rep who arrived in Praia da Rocha on the Algarve coast in April 2004.

https://news.sky.com/story/police-in-portugal-reopen-rape-investigation-after-claim-against-madeleine-mccann-suspect-12033629
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #967 on: July 22, 2020, 09:33:04 AM »
Why so surprised?

No S of L in this country for murder.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #968 on: July 22, 2020, 09:34:59 AM »
No S of L in this country for murder.
Would the murder then have had to occur in the UK?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #969 on: July 22, 2020, 09:40:08 AM »

I believe that in certain circumstances a UK prosecution can be brought, even for crime committed in another country
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #970 on: July 22, 2020, 09:44:11 AM »

Good question Rob, we know the offences against the persons act section 9 as regards to crimes a brit does abroad abroad,whether any limitations are impose it doesn't say,Id venture it doesn't.

Where any murder or manslaughter shall be committed on land out of the United Kingdom, whether within the Queen’s dominions or without, and whether the person killed were a subject of Her Majesty or not, every offence committed by any subject of Her Majesty in respect of any such case, whether the same shall amount to the offence of murder or of manslaughter, . . . F1, may be dealt with, inquired of, tried, determined, and punished . . . F1 in England or Ireland . . . F1: Provided, that nothing herein contained shall prevent any person from being tried in any place out of England or Ireland for any murder or manslaughter committed out of England or Ireland, in the same manner as such person might have been tried before the passing of this Act.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #971 on: July 22, 2020, 09:45:55 AM »
Good question Rob, we know the offences against the persons act section 9 as regards to crimes a brit does abroad abroad,whether any limitations are impose it doesn't say,Id venture it doesn't.

Where any murder or manslaughter shall be committed on land out of the United Kingdom, whether within the Queen’s dominions or without, and whether the person killed were a subject of Her Majesty or not, every offence committed by any subject of Her Majesty in respect of any such case, whether the same shall amount to the offence of murder or of manslaughter, . . . F1, may be dealt with, inquired of, tried, determined, and punished . . . F1 in England or Ireland . . . F1: Provided, that nothing herein contained shall prevent any person from being tried in any place out of England or Ireland for any murder or manslaughter committed out of England or Ireland, in the same manner as such person might have been tried before the passing of this Act.

the trial would be under Uk law ...not portuguese law

Offline jassi

« Reply #972 on: July 22, 2020, 09:50:05 AM »

Which suggests that if said crime is committed by a foreign national, then this wouldn't apply.

Or maybe not -

Offline barrier

« Reply #973 on: July 22, 2020, 09:51:59 AM »
Which suggests that if said crime is committed by a foreign national, then this wouldn't apply.

Yes,its down the Germans or the Portuguese to try this particular suspect ,not that its going to happen.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #974 on: July 22, 2020, 09:53:07 AM »

I dont think anyone is suggesting Breukner would be tried in the UK......but Germany yes.