Author Topic: If Brueckner is Never Charged.  (Read 121270 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: If Brueckner is Never Charged.
« Reply #990 on: July 22, 2020, 01:54:01 PM »
Have they started on the other 20 yet? Could the media be wrong about their intentions?

What Intentions?  They don't have any.  Too much like hard work and a few brain cells.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #991 on: July 22, 2020, 01:55:07 PM »
Why should you be concerned ?

Why should anyone not?

Offline jassi

« Reply #992 on: July 22, 2020, 02:06:00 PM »
I've got enough concerns about my own corrupt government to get overly excited about the shortcomings of another country
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #993 on: July 22, 2020, 02:18:09 PM »

If they find sufficient evidence, perhaps it's only the Germans who can prosecute Brueckner over the disappearance of Madeleine, seeing as how he is a German citizen.

Good question - I haven't looked into it yet.

If ever there was evidence concerning Joana, it would be too late to prosecute him in PT.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #994 on: July 22, 2020, 08:40:50 PM »
It looks like it to me.  And it is so much more easy to beat up a woman, Don't you think.
Look how this British woman was treated by the Portuguese justice and medical system after being raped on the Algarve.  It’s quite sickening...

British rape victim describes horror as “laughing culprit” walks free
By Portugal Resident -27th February 2019
Facebook Twitter
A British hitchhiker who was raped at the side of a road in the Algarve in 2017 after accepting a lift from a Portuguese man has waived her anonymity and told her story in the hope no other woman faces the same ordeal she did “at the hands of the Portuguese legal system”.

Kate Juby, 23, has described the horrific event in a special TV report aired by SIC, entitled “Grande Reportagem – Crime, Silêncio e Preconceito” (Crime, Silence and Prejudice), as well as in an interview with the Sunday Mirror in the UK, explaining how the man who raped her, despite admitting his guilt, “strolled away from the court laughing, arm-in-arm with his wife”.

Receiving a four-and-a-half-year suspended sentence, 33-year-old Tiago Curado de Sousa was also made to pay €2,000 compensation, which Kate donated to a victims’ charity in Portugal.

The case dates back to April 2017 when Kate had travelled to Portugal with friends and had attended a music festival in Aljezur. Seeking a lift to Faro and having been assured that hitchhiking was safe in the Algarve, she accepted a ride from the passing mechanic.

After pulling off to a side track, the man appeared at the side of the truck shouting “come on, baby!”

He dragged her out, pinned her against the vehicle and raped her twice.

“I thought I was going to die. I kept saying ‘Please don’t kill me’. I said ‘If you do this just please let me go, please don’t murder me’.”

After he let her go, she ran to the main road where a German couple spotted her and called the police. But her experience at Portimão Hospital was another nightmare, as she described.

“They pinned me down on a bed and took all my clothes away from me. The doctor told me to stop crying, that I needed to ‘man up’.

“They took blood samples, then swabbed everywhere to get the DNA – but all the time holding me down and telling me not to make any noise, not to cry,” she said, adding that they told her to “stop being a baby as well”.

Kate now plans to appeal Curado de Sousa’s sentence and has been told a higher court will hear the case.

To see SIC’s Grande Reportagem – Crime, Silêncio e Preconceito’, click here

michael.bruxo@algarveresident.com
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline sadie

« Reply #995 on: July 24, 2020, 01:55:03 AM »

Look how this British woman was treated by the Portuguese justice and medical system after being raped on the Algarve.  It’s quite sickening...

British rape victim describes horror as “laughing culprit” walks free
By Portugal Resident -27th February 2019
Facebook Twitter
A British hitchhiker who was raped at the side of a road in the Algarve in 2017 after accepting a lift from a Portuguese man has waived her anonymity and told her story in the hope no other woman faces the same ordeal she did “at the hands of the Portuguese legal system”.

Kate Juby, 23, has described the horrific event in a special TV report aired by SIC, entitled “Grande Reportagem – Crime, Silêncio e Preconceito” (Crime, Silence and Prejudice), as well as in an interview with the Sunday Mirror in the UK, explaining how the man who raped her, despite admitting his guilt, “strolled away from the court laughing, arm-in-arm with his wife”.

Receiving a four-and-a-half-year suspended sentence, 33-year-old Tiago Curado de Sousa was also made to pay €2,000 compensation, which Kate donated to a victims’ charity in Portugal.

The case dates back to April 2017 when Kate had travelled to Portugal with friends and had attended a music festival in Aljezur. Seeking a lift to Faro and having been assured that hitchhiking was safe in the Algarve, she accepted a ride from the passing mechanic.

After pulling off to a side track, the man appeared at the side of the truck shouting “come on, baby!”

He dragged her out, pinned her against the vehicle and raped her twice.

“I thought I was going to die. I kept saying ‘Please don’t kill me’. I said ‘If you do this just please let me go, please don’t murder me’.”

After he let her go, she ran to the main road where a German couple spotted her and called the police. But her experience at Portimão Hospital was another nightmare, as she described.

“They pinned me down on a bed and took all my clothes away from me. The doctor told me to stop crying, that I needed to ‘man up’.

“They took blood samples, then swabbed everywhere to get the DNA – but all the time holding me down and telling me not to make any noise, not to cry,” she said, adding that they told her to “stop being a baby as well”.

Kate now plans to appeal Curado de Sousa’s sentence and has been told a higher court will hear the case.

To see SIC’s Grande Reportagem – Crime, Silêncio e Preconceito’, click here

michael.bruxo@algarveresident.com

There seems to be something wrong with the psyche of many of the PT semi / professionals.  Their behaviour is awful with a complete lack of empathy or compassion.  All strength to Kates elbow.

interesting that her aggressor has the name " de Sousa "; same as Amarals middle name.  Goncalo de Sousa Amaral.

Also a "de Sousa" a grand parent of Isobel, Duchess of Braganza and of course "Geudes do Amaral" is also a great grand parent, both in the same bloodline thread as the Queen pretender to the throne of Portugal.   

Would that regal connection have any bearing on the likelihood of a fair trial for Kate ?   I was wondering ? 
What do  others think?

Additionally, I notice that the "here" button doesn't work for me.  Everything wiped.  Same as on a post about a week ago, everything wiped when the "here" button was pressed.  And try to find this report on the internet, and it has been wiped  too, along with a video.      Who is behind the cheating?

Offline Myster

« Reply #996 on: July 24, 2020, 05:14:33 AM »
There seems to be something wrong with the psyche of many of the PT semi / professionals.  Their behaviour is awful with a complete lack of empathy or compassion.  All strength to Kates elbow.

interesting that her aggressor has the name " de Sousa "; same as Amarals middle name.  Goncalo de Sousa Amaral.

Also a "de Sousa" a grand parent of Isobel, Duchess of Braganza and of course "Geudes do Amaral" is also a great grand parent, both in the same bloodline thread as the Queen pretender to the throne of Portugal.   

Would that regal connection have any bearing on the likelihood of a fair trial for Kate ?   I was wondering ? 
What do  others think?

Additionally, I notice that the "here" button doesn't work for me.  Everything wiped.  Same as on a post about a week ago, everything wiped when the "here" button was pressed.  And try to find this report on the internet, and it has been wiped  too, along with a video.      Who is behind the cheating?
You are!  What sort of computer are you on... a 1945 ENIAC?!!!

https://ms-my.facebook.com/PROBONOPortugal/videos/crime-sil%C3%AAncio-e-preconceito-grande-reportagem-sic/1015736061946150/

https://www.probonoportugal.com/single-post/2019/02/18/Precisamos-de-falar-sobre-consentimento
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline sadie

« Reply #997 on: July 25, 2020, 10:41:12 AM »
You are!  What sort of computer are you on... a 1945 ENIAC?!!!

https://ms-my.facebook.com/PROBONOPortugal/videos/crime-sil%C3%AAncio-e-preconceito-grande-reportagem-sic/1015736061946150/

https://www.probonoportugal.com/single-post/2019/02/18/Precisamos-de-falar-sobre-consentimento

Thankyou Myster.   I got the written word, but no sound, but that doesn't matter in this case, cos I don't speak Portuguese.  Translation below.

I usually have to change my computer every two years and this computer will have its second birthday in September.  I must admit I have never liked this one.

The wretched contraption gets bunged up with overwhelming adverts and various odd things happen to it.  This is despite running CCleaner every night and various other paid for + free protection programs that I run frequently.   I doubt that I shall change this one cos I doubt I have 2 years left and I hardly have the energy to read yet alone contribute  ^*&&

ETA:  By the way, I have never cheated in my life.  That is the mode of others on here, not me.

Translation

PRO BONO Portugal

18 February 2019 ·

The report shown by SIC, in the series “crime, silence and prejudice”, puts the finger on the wound of an old, serious and still unsolved problem: the crime of rape, the victim's word and all the machismo that prevents these cases are effectively punished as serious crimes that they are. More than that, the report brings up the other side of the drama suffered by victims of sexual violence: secondary victimization. As a matter of urgency, the report draws attention to the fact that we need to talk about consent. About sexual abuse. About rape, this serious, horrendous and abject crime, but when it happens we judge the victim and not his villain. We need to keep in mind, once and for all, that sexual freedom is also an expensive value to our society.

On this subject, @ Jéssika Mayara Oliveira Aguiar, wrote an important reflection on the PRO BONO Blog: https://www.probonoportugal.com/…/Precisamos-de-falar-sobre…
The full report can be seen here: https://sicnoticias.pt/…/2019-01-27-Crime-Silencio-e-Precon…

Sounds pretty grim for the victim

Online Eleanor

« Reply #998 on: July 25, 2020, 11:16:50 AM »
Thankyou Myster.   I got the written word, but no sound, but that doesn't matter in this case, cos I don't speak Portuguese.  Translation below.

I usually have to change my computer every two years and this computer will have its second birthday in September.  I must admit I have never liked this one.

The wretched contraption gets bunged up with overwhelming adverts and various odd things happen to it.  This is despite running CCleaner every night and various other paid for + free protection programs that I run frequently.   I doubt that I shall change this one cos I doubt I have 2 years left and I hardly have the energy to read yet alone contribute  ^*&&

ETA:  By the way, I have never cheated in my life.  That is the mode of others on here, not me.

Translation

PRO BONO Portugal

18 February 2019 ·

The report shown by SIC, in the series “crime, silence and prejudice”, puts the finger on the wound of an old, serious and still unsolved problem: the crime of rape, the victim's word and all the machismo that prevents these cases are effectively punished as serious crimes that they are. More than that, the report brings up the other side of the drama suffered by victims of sexual violence: secondary victimization. As a matter of urgency, the report draws attention to the fact that we need to talk about consent. About sexual abuse. About rape, this serious, horrendous and abject crime, but when it happens we judge the victim and not his villain. We need to keep in mind, once and for all, that sexual freedom is also an expensive value to our society.

On this subject, @ Jéssika Mayara Oliveira Aguiar, wrote an important reflection on the PRO BONO Blog: https://www.probonoportugal.com/…/Precisamos-de-falar-sobre…
The full report can be seen here: https://sicnoticias.pt/…/2019-01-27-Crime-Silencio-e-Precon…

Which is why I am prepared to spend so much money on a Mac.

Offline Myster

« Reply #999 on: July 26, 2020, 06:57:47 PM »

I have CCleaner but hardly ever use it, because unless you know which specific files to delete, it tends to bin all the ones that you might need for other programs to function correctly. And running Windows 10, I only use their native antivirus program 'Windows Defender', which I find less intrusive, less complicated and just as effective as any bought ones.

A useful program to stop intrusive adverts is 'uBlock Origin' (NOT uBlock) which although it says is not an 'ad blocker', does so effectively on webpages such as YouTube, online newspapers, etc.... at least until these sites get wind that everyone is using it!

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=ublock+origin
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1000 on: July 26, 2020, 07:06:23 PM »

Translation

PRO BONO Portugal

18 February 2019 ·

Try Wise Registry Cleaner...its free and makes a massive diference....or even total  factory reset if its really bad but save your files first
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 07:09:36 PM by Davel »

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #1001 on: July 27, 2020, 01:20:25 AM »

Translation

PRO BONO Portugal

18 February 2019 ·

Glary Utilities free version gets rid of spyware and sorts out your registry and shortcuts with a quick scan.

And like someone else said if you have Windows 10 just use the built in Windows Defender security.... plus a weekly scan with Glary Utilities... Safe download here: https://www.glarysoft.com/glary-utilities/download/. Running multiple security software options at the same time will slow your PC down, and these days Defender alone does a good job.

My newest laptop is 10 years plus old and still going strong!!

What have you done with old PCs / laptops?

PM if you want any help.... better get back on topic!!

Offline sadie

« Reply #1002 on: July 27, 2020, 12:19:37 PM »
Good question - I haven't looked into it yet.

If ever there was evidence concerning Joana, it would be too late to prosecute him in PT.

How sad.

So no Justice for The Ciprianos

Offline The General

« Reply #1003 on: July 27, 2020, 12:23:02 PM »
How sad.

So no Justice for The Ciprianos
Joana got a semblance of justice: the 'mother' and uncle were convicted of murder and sentenced to sixteen years in jail. Not enough, but something at least.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1004 on: July 27, 2020, 12:34:41 PM »
Joana got a semblance of justice: the 'mother' and uncle were convicted of murder and sentenced to sixteen years in jail. Not enough, but something at least.
It's only justice if they actually did it, which is questionable.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly