Author Topic: If Brueckner is Never Charged.  (Read 121316 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: If Brueckner is Never Charged.
« Reply #1005 on: July 27, 2020, 12:41:32 PM »
It's only justice if they actually did it, which is questionable.
Define "semblance of justice"?   But you are right "it's only justice if they actually did it".
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1006 on: July 27, 2020, 12:47:38 PM »
Define "semblance of justice"?   But you are right "it's only justice if they actually did it".
Joana got "a semblance of justice" if you have unquestioning faith in the Portuguese police and justice system to do their job throughly and correctly.   I don't. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1007 on: July 27, 2020, 12:51:49 PM »
Joana got "a semblance of justice" if you have unquestioning faith in the Portuguese police and justice system to do their job throughly and correctly.   I don't.

Have we not just seen the biggest cock up of all time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1008 on: August 01, 2020, 10:31:41 AM »
A former chief inspector believes the significant claim (concrete evidence) may have been lost in translation.

Mick Neville founded the Met Police’s Central Forensic Image Team in 2012 and spent a number of years working with the military police in Germany.

He told Daily Star Online: “A big issue here is the phrase ‘concrete evidence’.

“The German prosecutor has stated several times that he has concrete evidence that Madeleine is dead.

“But the meaning has been lost in translation. In English the phrase means ‘irrefutable’ but in German it means ‘reasonable suspicion’ or ‘more than a rumour’.

“German police need to ensure that there is concrete evidence before they make an arrest – but it not enough to convict.”

Days before sending the letter, Wolters told the Sunday Mirror that Madeleine could be alive.

He said: “Because there is no forensic evidence there may be a little bit of hope.

"We don’t want to kill the hope and because there is no forensic evidence it may be possible.”

German prisoner Brueckner, 43, was identified as the prime suspect last month.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/madeleine-mccann-cops-may-not-22439665

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

« Reply #1009 on: August 01, 2020, 11:24:17 AM »
A former chief inspector believes the significant claim (concrete evidence) may have been lost in translation.

Mick Neville founded the Met Police’s Central Forensic Image Team in 2012 and spent a number of years working with the military police in Germany.

“The German prosecutor has stated several times that he has concrete evidence that Madeleine is dead.

“But the meaning has been lost in translation. In English the phrase means ‘irrefutable’ but in German it means ‘reasonable suspicion’ or ‘more than a rumour’.

“German police need to ensure that there is concrete evidence before they make an arrest – but it not enough to convict.”

Days before sending the letter, Wolters told the Sunday Mirror that Madeleine could be alive.

He said: “Because there is no forensic evidence there may be a little bit of hope.

"We don’t want to kill the hope and because there is no forensic evidence it may be possible.”

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/madeleine-mccann-cops-may-not-22439665

....and the moonwalking begins.....Billie Jean anyone? Du du du du du du du du du du.......
This level of ineptitude needs a new word creating by your General - shambles + fiasco = shambiasco. Feel free to use the new word under fair use terms and conditions. Thank me later.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1010 on: August 01, 2020, 12:05:06 PM »
....and the moonwalking begins.....Billie Jean anyone? Du du du du du du du du du du.......
This level of ineptitude needs a new word creating by your General - shambles + fiasco = shambiasco. Feel free to use the new word under fair use terms and conditions. Thank me later.

do you think if its in the Star it has to be true...It just doesnt fit with what else has been said. the germans say they have concrete evidence that they refuse to share with SY or the PJ. I don't see how taht fits with  atranslation of a suspicion...it seems to me you will believe anything if it supports your opinion

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1011 on: August 01, 2020, 12:17:39 PM »

It's very kind of this chap to explain the nuances of the German language. Is he a qualified interpreter I wonder?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1012 on: August 01, 2020, 12:23:41 PM »
It's very kind of this chap to explain the nuances of the German language. Is he a qualified interpreter I wonder?

So you now seem to believe whats written in the Star...hilarious.... remember this...

One of the components of logical thinking is verifying the information you use;

"Check your sources of information and investigate every piece of information that you find even slightly questionable. You must check everything for their authenticity before you begin to evaluate the worth of any such information you have gathered."

« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 12:28:51 PM by Davel »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1013 on: August 01, 2020, 12:49:16 PM »
So you now seem to believe whats written in the Star...hilarious.... remember this...

One of the components of logical thinking is verifying the information you use;

"Check your sources of information and investigate every piece of information that you find even slightly questionable. You must check everything for their authenticity before you begin to evaluate the worth of any such information you have gathered."

It was Brietta who posted it.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1014 on: August 01, 2020, 12:52:47 PM »
It was Brietta who posted it.

I understand that...I'm making  acomment on gunits post where she seems to be taking it seriously

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1015 on: August 01, 2020, 01:12:01 PM »
I understand that...I'm making  acomment on gunits post where she seems to be taking it seriously

And why do you think Brietta posted it ? For a laugh ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1016 on: August 01, 2020, 01:30:29 PM »

I'm afraid you have misunderstood my sarcastic comment. I'm sure this bloke said something, but I very much doubt if he's a qualified expert on German to English translations. The story is definately chaff, imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline The General

« Reply #1017 on: August 01, 2020, 05:59:03 PM »
Oooh, the cringe factor. Mate, that particular ball came from you side of the court.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1018 on: August 01, 2020, 06:01:27 PM »
Oooh, the cringe factor. Mate, that particular ball came from you side of the court.

I think you are taking it a bit tooooo seriously

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1019 on: August 02, 2020, 02:20:19 PM »

Haven't we all had enough of Translation Errors?

Just be careful.