Author Topic: If Brueckner is Never Charged.  (Read 121315 times)

Offline The General

Re: If Brueckner is Never Charged.
« Reply #1635 on: August 14, 2020, 05:42:51 PM »
The island is also said to be popular amongst the rich and famous with very expensive property?
It is now, not when I was there, admittedly. It's basically a giant sand bar - obviously much has changed since.
It's a great spot, I know that much.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline sadie

« Reply #1636 on: August 14, 2020, 07:08:55 PM »
What interests me is his visit to Sylt during the summer of 2007. If Madeleine was taken to order, this island may be of significance. My opinion.

I didn't know that.  How interesting.   Sylt, where he was arrested from, for his drug running offences IIRC.  This island may indeed have a significance, there is something, only minor at present, about it

Thank you Anthro

Offline Anthro

« Reply #1637 on: August 14, 2020, 07:48:27 PM »
I didn't know that.  How interesting.   Sylt, where he was arrested from, for his drug running offences IIRC.  This island may indeed have a significance, there is something, only minor at present, about it

Thank you Anthro
I’ll pm you, Sadie.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1638 on: August 14, 2020, 08:59:21 PM »
Here is a timeline:
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/jun/04/madeleine-mccann-suspect-christian-bruckner-a-timeline
Thanks Athro.
"Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brückner: a timeline

German suspect’s previous convictions include sexual abuse of child and rape of woman, 72

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brückner fled police in 1995

Convicted of sexual abuse of a child, attempted sexual abuse of a child, and carrying out sexual acts in front of a child.

Flees to Portugal as an 18-year-old to escape a two-year youth custody sentence for the above offences.

Returns to Germany to serve a youth custody sentence he had escaped.

2004-5
Dates an English woman in Praia da Luz, Portugal.

Rapes a 72-year-old American woman in Praia da Luz.

Portuguese authorities drop the rape investigation due to lack of evidence.

Arrested and convicted for stealing diesel fuel in Portugal.

Madeleine McCann disappears from Praia da Luz.

Buys marihuana and hashish and sells it to a middle-man on the northern German island of Sylt, where it is sold on.

Opens a kiosk in Braunschweig, in north-west Germany.

McCanns appeal to the German public on TV for evidence over Madeleine’s disappearance. Brückner’s name crops up in connection with the case.

Convicted of sexual abuse of a child in Germany and sentenced to 15 months in prison.

Arrested in Milan and returned to Germany.

August – charged with the rape of a US citizen.

December – convicted. Sentenced to seven years for the rape. Prison term not yet started pending an appeal that the conviction was unlawful but he is being held in police custody."

Doesn't add up to 17 convictions.  Maybe I misheard what was said in the "60 Minutes" Documentary.

https://youtu.be/IXsXXxRek2Q?t=190 
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 09:59:12 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1639 on: August 14, 2020, 09:06:56 PM »
Thanks Athro.
"Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brückner: a timeline

German suspect’s previous convictions include sexual abuse of child and rape of woman, 72

Madeleine McCann suspect Christian Brückner fled police in 1995

Convicted of sexual abuse of a child, attempted sexual abuse of a child, and carrying out sexual acts in front of a child.

Flees to Portugal as an 18-year-old to escape a two-year youth custody sentence for the above offences.

Returns to Germany to serve a youth custody sentence he had escaped.

2004-5
Dates an English woman in Praia da Luz, Portugal.

Rapes a 72-year-old American woman in Praia da Luz.

Portuguese authorities drop the rape investigation due to lack of evidence.

Arrested and convicted for stealing diesel fuel in Portugal.

Madeleine McCann disappears from Praia da Luz.

Buys marihuana and hashish and sells it to a middle-man on the northern German island of Sylt, where it is sold on.

Opens a kiosk in Braunschweig, in north-west Germany.

McCanns appeal to the German public on TV for evidence over Madeleine’s disappearance. Brückner’s name crops up in connection with the case.

Convicted of sexual abuse of a child in Germany and sentenced to 15 months in prison.

Arrested in Milan and returned to Germany.

August – charged with the rape of a US citizen.

December – convicted. Sentenced to seven years for the rape. Prison term not yet started pending an appeal that the conviction was unlawful but he is being held in police custody."

Doesn't add up to 17 convictions.  Maybe I misheard what was said in the "60 Minutes" Documentary.

I don't know but some of the convictions may be multiple

Offline The General

« Reply #1640 on: August 14, 2020, 09:29:17 PM »
You're probably right.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #1641 on: August 14, 2020, 09:45:24 PM »
The paperwork, obtained exclusively by The Sun, was used to hold paedophile Christian B when he fled to Italy in 2018.

It said he and a man named as Alexander Zaspel had been shipping drugs to the northern German holiday isle of Sylt.

Christian B used cash from the Algarve burglaries to buy two kilograms 8,000 Euro worth of marijuana from a source in Berlin and with Zaspel sold it for 10,000 Euro.

With the profit they bought a further eight kilograms of marijuana making another 16,000 Euro and the drugs were supplied to pubs and clubs on the German holiday island of Sylt popular with footballers and VIPs.

Both were eventually arrested and convicted in 2011 but Christian B failed to serve his sentence and was caught in Milan after reporting his passport stolen.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11890671/madeleine-mccann-suspect-christian-b-left-portugal-days-before-her-disappearance-to-set-up-drugs-network/
‘These drug-dealing transactions commenced after Brueckner — who is reportedly a potential psychopath — returned from Portugal to Germany in 2007 and then continued into the following year. Importantly, Brueckner left Portugal only days after Madeleine McCann’s May 2007 disappearance’.

Offline sadie

« Reply #1642 on: August 14, 2020, 10:15:03 PM »
He has previously molested children.  Brueckner served 18 months in prison for a sex attack on a young girl in his homeland when he was a teen. When he was 17 years old he was convicted in Germany for burglaries and sex crimes.

He molested a six-year-old girl in Bavaria, in 1994, only stopping when she began to scream and cry.

A thoroughly nasty POS.

Agreed, John, about his being a thoroughly nasty POW.

But what you are quoting is child molestation and not necessarily child sexual assault as we know it.   In some countries … and I do not know if Germany is amongst them … child molestation can mean exposing yourself to a child and not even touching the child.  Foul though that is, it hardly rates against child sexual assault as we know it in the UK

It would be interesting to know exactly what Bruckners level of child molestation was, then we can get a better understanding of the likelyhood of his abducting Madeleine.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1643 on: August 14, 2020, 10:27:55 PM »
Agreed, John, about his being a thoroughly nasty POW.

But what you are quoting is child molestation and not necessarily child sexual assault as we know it.   In some countries … and I do not know if Germany is amongst them … child molestation can mean exposing yourself to a child and not even touching the child.  Foul though that is, it hardly rates against child sexual assault as we know it in the UK

It would be interesting to know exactly what Bruckners level of child molestation was, then we can get a better understanding of the likelyhood of his abducting Madeleine.

I don't think e need anymore to consider him a realistic suspect...HCW says he has strong evidence CB killed Maddie..that's pretty damning

Offline The General

« Reply #1644 on: August 14, 2020, 10:39:08 PM »
I don't think e need anymore to consider him a realistic suspect...HCW says he has strong evidence CB killed Maddie..that's pretty damning
So damning that he can't charge him.
He can't even talk to him.
It brings to mind the famous Klingon proverb - leghlaHchu'be'chugh mIn lo'laHbe' taj jej

Offline sadie

« Reply #1645 on: August 14, 2020, 10:52:42 PM »

I think that we must be careful not to fall into the same trap that the sceptics did, when one man, Goncalo Amaral, said things that turned out to be incorrect.  The sceptics believed him, hook, line and sinker and as we all know much was incorrect.

Dave, with all due respect, Wolters has made his statement and if he should have it wrong, like Amaral did, it is going to be damned hard and a huge embarrassment for him to rescind it.   Remember, he has a global audience. 

I know that it is not likely that he has it wrong, but I am concerned that his considerable efforts to prove his words seem to have come to nowt.

I also notice that SY don't seem to be responding as would have been expected.

Perhaps I have missed something, cos at the moment I am not able to manage to read all the posts even … on the fifth week of anti-biotics and things seem to be on the mend, but they, or the infection, have tired me for some reason

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1646 on: August 14, 2020, 11:23:29 PM »
So damning that he can't charge him.
He can't even talk to him.
It brings to mind the famous Klingon proverb - leghlaHchu'be'chugh mIn lo'laHbe' taj jej

HCW has explained why he isn't interviewing CB ...might be best to wait and see what happens

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1647 on: August 14, 2020, 11:28:07 PM »
I think that we must be careful not to fall into the same trap that the sceptics did, when one man, Goncalo Amaral, said things that turned out to be incorrect.  The sceptics believed him, hook, line and sinker and as we all know much was incorrect.

Dave, with all due respect, Wolters has made his statement and if he should have it wrong, like Amaral did, it is going to be damned hard and a huge embarrassment for him to rescind it.   Remember, he has a global audience. 

I know that it is not likely that he has it wrong, but I am concerned that his considerable efforts to prove his words seem to have come to nowt.

I also notice that SY don't seem to be responding as would have been expected.

Perhaps I have missed something, cos at the moment I am not able to manage to read all the posts even … on the fifth week of anti-biotics and things seem to be on the mend, but they, or the infection, have tired me for some reason
I don't think I'm taking into any trap and I think HCW is in a different league to Amaral.

We need to wait and see but it is obvious those who didn't think an abduction was possible are doing everything they can to deny that CB could be a realistic suspect

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1648 on: August 15, 2020, 12:29:23 AM »
I don't think I'm taking into any trap and I think HCW is in a different league to Amaral.

We need to wait and see but it is obvious those who didn't think an abduction was possible are doing everything they can to deny that CB could be a realistic suspect

Of course Brueckner is a realistic suspect.
In my opinion he should have been traced and and at the least questioned back in 2007.  The police did know about him then and if they hadn't spent so long intensively investigating the minutiae of the McCann and their friends' phone traffic they might even have noticed a call to Brueckner's cell located in Luz before Madeleine went missing.

If there was reason to speak to Brueckner in 2007 ... and we know there was one futile attempt to do so ...  there is now substantially more reason to have added him to the list not only as a realistic suspect but as the prime suspect.

I think the Germans have been doing an excellent amount of work on this and I am sure that there are sound operational reasons for the time it has and is taking.

I have strong misgivings regarding Amaral's premature leaking of inside information to the media which until he did was run as a pretty tight ship.

But with the prime suspect firmly under lock and key for some time to come I think the Germans will continue doing whatever it is they are doing and they will speak to Brueckner only when they are good and ready to do so.  So we will just have to content ourselves and wait and see what happens.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1649 on: August 15, 2020, 01:00:49 AM »

It looks as if there will be co-operation between Germany and Portugal to test the Irish woman's suspicion that Brueckner may have been her rapist because of what she recognised as the similarities between her ordeal and that of the American woman it was proven he did rape.

Snip
A PJ source confirmed to the Observer that, like the American citizen, in this case too, the PJ - with his hands tied because the case has expired - will supply the evidence he has to the German police. And the Germans will be investigating whether there is a connection to Brueckner.
https://observador.pt/2020/07/23/policia-alema-vai-investigar-violacao-de-irlandesa-no-algarve-suspeito-e-christian-brueckner-o-mesmo-do-caso-maddie/
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....