Author Topic: If Brueckner is Never Charged.  (Read 121315 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: If Brueckner is Never Charged.
« Reply #1695 on: August 15, 2020, 09:03:04 PM »

Another question.  If The Statute of Limitations runs out in Portugal can Brueckner be tried elsewhere?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1696 on: August 15, 2020, 09:08:07 PM »
You are beginning to sound desperate.  Why would you care so much about a Convicted Paedophile?

You misunderstand. I care about the Portuguese being blamed yet again for their perceived shortcomings Eleanor. It's not good enough in my opinion to accuse them of failing to know all about Brueckner without explaining just what it was they failed to do. Whose place was it to record his previous offences? Where should it have been recorded? Why wasn't it?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #1697 on: August 15, 2020, 09:10:22 PM »
I was about to post a reply to your first post as follows, Misty ...

"I think I see where you are coming from.

If Brueckner did not act alone and depending on whether or not the Germans are able to get sufficient evidence together to enable them to lay charges, due to the passage of time theoretically he could be left to take the rap alone unless co-conspirators also happen to be German."

I think that is pretty much as you have posted since.

Yes. CB may have been paid to abduct Madeleine & paid to kill her. What happened in between those 2 events may have been crimes committed by people who cannot legally be prosecuted without sufficient evidence. If some of those people have fled Portugal, aren't German or whose crimes fall outwith the statute of limitations in the 3 jurisdictions involved then, courtesy of the law, CB will be the patsy.
All imo.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1698 on: August 15, 2020, 09:13:48 PM »
Yes. CB may have been paid to abduct Madeleine & paid to kill her. What happened in between those 2 events may have been crimes committed by people who cannot legally be prosecuted without sufficient evidence. If some of those people have fled Portugal, aren't German or whose crimes fall outwith the statute of limitations in the 3 jurisdictions involved then, courtesy of the law, CB will be the patsy.
All imo.

I don't think thats quite what amaral meant. he won't be  a patsy ...he will be punshed for his role in the crime

Offline misty

« Reply #1699 on: August 15, 2020, 09:17:40 PM »
I don't think thats quite what amaral meant. he won't be  a patsy ...he will be punshed for his role in the crime

I know it's not what Amaral meant but I think there is an element of truth in CB being a scapegoat for the reasons I've explained. That doesn't mean CB isn't guilty of abduction & murder imo.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1700 on: August 15, 2020, 09:23:28 PM »
You misunderstand. I care about the Portuguese being blamed yet again for their perceived shortcomings Eleanor. It's not good enough in my opinion to accuse them of failing to know all about Brueckner without explaining just what it was they failed to do. Whose place was it to record his previous offences? Where should it have been recorded? Why wasn't it?

It isn't Yet Again.  It's ongoing from the word go.  And Amaral caused havoc in more ways than one.

You all keep on and on, so why shouldn't I?  It's all the same old same old anyway.

Supporters have always called for Innocent Until Proven Guilty, and mostly feel the same about Brueckner,  while Sceptics think that only Brueckner is entitled to this.

So it is the double standards that generally upset me.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1701 on: August 15, 2020, 09:43:05 PM »
I
The portuguese have quite a few shortcomings...have alook at the proven facts... think its about time they took responsibilty for them...I think the ECHR will expose them

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1702 on: August 15, 2020, 09:49:33 PM »
I
The portuguese have quite a few shortcomings...have alook at the proven facts... think its about time they took responsibilty for them...I think the ECHR will expose them

I just wish that someone would get a shift on.

Offline sadie

« Reply #1703 on: August 15, 2020, 10:28:42 PM »
You are right.  The more days go by then the more dire The PJ Investigation led by Amaral becomes.

It is all quite plain to me of what was going on.  Choose a suspect and then endeavour to fit them up.  No hard work or brains needed.  I knew that thirteen years ago.

And I wonder if there might be an even deeper reason

Work it out.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1704 on: August 15, 2020, 10:42:56 PM »
What I cannot understand is that the Portuguese knew CB was a sex offender as he told them.  So,  when the hair was found on the bed when they investigated the rape,   why didn't they investigate CB?

Because they don't want any rape crimes  being logged in their tourist resours?
Because CB is VEEEEERY manipulative and they never thought it could have been him?
Because they never took his DNA?

So when Germans came up with evidence and requested the evidence in old lady's rape being compared with CB this is when they first time had a match.
Maybe they send the rape DNA evidence to Germany and then the Germans compared it with CB?
It would be very interesting to know how this worked!
Even the Germans were not connecting things well. How many times they missed CB due to regional communications issues. It might be the same with Portugal.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1705 on: August 15, 2020, 10:48:12 PM »
Funny that you care so much about the reputation of a foreign police force but can’t wrap your head around supporters caring about Madeleine or her family.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline sadie

« Reply #1706 on: August 15, 2020, 10:49:38 PM »
Because they don't want any rape crimes  being logged in their tourist resours?
Because CB is VEEEEERY manipulative and they never thought it could have been him?
Because they never took his DNA?

So when Germans came up with evidence and requested the evidence in old lady's rape being compared with CB this is when they first time had a match.
Maybe they send the rape DNA evidence to Germany and then the Germans compared it with CB?
It would be very interesting to know how this worked!
Even the Germans were not connecting things well. How many times they missed CB due to regional communications issues. It might be the same with Portugal.

Yep, I agree

But is there another reason that is a possibility as well ?

Some of you will work it out.

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #1707 on: August 15, 2020, 10:59:45 PM »
Yep, I agree

But is there another reason that is a possibility as well ?

Some of you will work it out.

Another reason would be him being protected by police in Portugal for whatever reason. Either due to corruption or for him being a protected witness.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1708 on: August 15, 2020, 11:19:12 PM »
And I wonder if there might be an even deeper reason

Work it out.

I already have, Love.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1709 on: August 15, 2020, 11:20:03 PM »
Another reason would be him being protected by police in Portugal for whatever reason. Either due to corruption or for him being a protected witness.

He seemed to lead a charmed life in Portugal given what we know of him now ~ I have wondered if he was useful as an informer to the police as he was part of the drug scene.

He certainly didn't have 'paedophile & rapist' stamped across his forehead, he seems to have had a wide circle of friends and could be quite personable if the video of him is anything to go by.
I think it was only in retrospect that most of his acquaintances gave any thought as to his character ... I can only recall one couple mentioning having a run in with him (the lady with concerns for her sheep and the man who fought with him and called the police).
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....