Author Topic: Deviant: Jeremy Bamber And The White House Farm Murders by Paul Harrison  (Read 26266 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

But the "autobio" is written by Paul Mason... an alter-ego?

Pseudonym?  There's no doubt whatsoever the book is about the life of Paul Harrison author of Deviant.

Thanks for the info on 'Deviant', but I'll refrain from giving an opinion until I've read it.

The way to go  8((()*/  There's nothing new per se (other than the 'anonymous' letter) however PH appears to enjoy being contrary.  For example he claims the deceased detectives who contributed to Deviant all advised him that DCI Jones always believed JB was involved and was just taking a softly softly approach to nailing JB.  It is incredibly dull and boring - you will need the patience of a saint to plough through it.

Though I will say this about the letter... why would Bamber risk everything he has argued for (blaming solely his sister for thirty years), by telling some lag that he was also responsible and the driving force behind the murders?

"I became involved with him in a physical and emotional way" followed by "He did get more intimate towards me  and through the odd hug and one sided conversations I gave him the support I think he needed".

The letter is very detailed but is fatally flawed with regards to pathological evidence, soc and ballistics. 

I was thinking of uploading the letter to the forum but on reflection I don't want to add to this unsavoury circus surrounding the tragedy at WHF. 

Other authors who have written about the case: Caffell, Lee, Lomax, Powell and Wilkes have done so sensitively with consideration for all concerned and stuck to the facts of the case.  Not so with this author  %56&
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline puglove

I was reading this book till 2.00 this morning (bloody Amazon one-click) and then I fell asleep and dreamt that I was at Gilderoy Lockhart's booksigning for "Magical Me."    %56&

Finished the book. I'm actually ........no, I won't say it. I'm not a writer, so I'm not qualified to critique it. This sums up my feelings.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qf6Sv3A9zs

Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Holly Goodhead

Finished the book. I'm actually ........no, I won't say it. I'm not a writer, so I'm not qualified to critique it. This sums up my feelings.

@)(++(*

I will write a review and put it on the Waterstones site and copy it here.

I haven't read so many books about the same topic since reading the Secret Seven, Amelia Jane and Mr Pink-Whistle  ?{)(**

My favourite childhood story was Polly's P's and Q's.  I remember I drove everyone nuts insisting it was the only story I wanted.  I was petrified I would end up with stickers all over me if I didn't say please and thank-you.  It was psychologically thrilling:

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/magazine-details.php?magid=426

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/6570310/Why-Enid-Blytons-greatest-creation-was-herself.html
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Myster

Mr Pink Whistle was a bit risque.  Imagine this trying to pass children's book censors today...
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Holly Goodhead

Mr Pink Whistle was a bit risque.  Imagine this trying to pass children's book censors today...

A touch of "jake the peg" (a third leg) penned by Rolf Harris maybe...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 01:49:56 PM by Holly Goodhead »

Offline Myster

A touch of "jake the peg" (a third leg) penned by Rolf Harris maybe...

I'm surprised Holly Goodhead was allowed past the entrance gate.  8(8-))
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline guinness

?{)(**  Could you possibly be showing your age there - I loved peter Sellers

Offline Angelo222

@)(++(*

I will write a review and put it on the Waterstones site and copy it here.

I haven't read so many books about the same topic since reading the Secret Seven, Amelia Jane and Mr Pink-Whistle  ?{)(**

My favourite childhood story was Polly's P's and Q's.  I remember I drove everyone nuts insisting it was the only story I wanted.  I was petrified I would end up with stickers all over me if I didn't say please and thank-you.  It was psychologically thrilling:

http://www.enidblytonsociety.co.uk/magazine-details.php?magid=426

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/6570310/Why-Enid-Blytons-greatest-creation-was-herself.html

Paul Harrison should hang his head in shame for attempting to incriminate an innocent young woman, Sheila Caffell, in Bamber's dastardly deed.  There wasn't a chance in a million that she would have knowingly endangered her beloved children.  What a scoundrel to ever suggest such a thing!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:22:56 PM by John »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Holly Goodhead

Inside cover of "Deviant":

"Penned by crime writer and former police officer Paul Harrison.  Deviant is the only book on the subject written by someone in attendance at the 1986 trial of Jeremy Bamber, accused of murdering five members of his family in the dead of the night at White House Farm".

"A culmination of three decades in research, in the course of the work the author has interviewed all the key investigative police officers and lawyers, and communicated with the convicted murderer and a number of his associates".

P15:

..."This is a detail that was reinforced during my [PH] attendance at Bamber's trial.  I felt no suspicion or doubt that the evidence presented by the prosecution was anything but truthful and honest.  Indeed, the one aspect of the trial that did stand out for me was the arrogance and almost nonchalant attitude of Bamber himself, this wasn't the demeanour of a man stunned by incredulous shock at his dire circumstances, or of a man who believed his innocence would ultimately be proven to the world.  I remember noting down at the time that Bamber, throughout the trial and during his own evidence, seemed ruthless and without remorse or sympathy for his slaughtered family.  I said at the time his emotional state was so cold that it was likely ice water coursed through his veins and not human blood..."

P95:

"I [PH during his claimed interview with DS Jones] then asked about Bamber's moods in court.  Stan had said that Bamber became very happy, jovial throughout the day of questioning...."

P137:

"In 2002, I [PH] was working as a clerk to a High Court Judge at the Royal Courts of Justice in London.  One of my duties was to liaise with various barrister chambers involved in the cases coming before the courts. During my time working with the judiciary I made many contacts in the legal world and most, because of the nature of the role, were acquaintances.  I was fortunate in that one such encounter was with a gentleman called Ed Lawson QC.  I had no idea at the time, but within minutes of sharing refreshments with him I learned that he had been the junior for Geoffrey Rivlin, Bamber's defence council at the murder trial".

1. If PH attended JB's trial why did he have to ask DS Jones about Bamber's moods in court?

2. If PH attended trial and spent three decades researching the case why did he not know the identity of Ed Lawson QC in 2002?

3. Three of the four police officers PH claims to have interviewed are now deceased (ACC Simpson, DI Miller and DS Jones) and the other officer wished to remain anonymous?  We have no evidence whatsoever that any such interviews took place.

4. The only member of the legal profession PH claims to have interviewed/had a chance meeting with is now deceased (Ed Lawson QC)  We have no evidence whatsoever that any such interview/chance meeting took place.

This book is a complete fraud  %56&  The Press Complaints Commission do not deal with complaints about books only newspapers and magazines.  I have established through Waterstones that if I wish to make a formal complaint I have to do so through PH's little known publishers Vertical Editions but I understand others have beaten me to it!

Offline Holly Goodhead

Paul Harrison should hang his head in shame for attempting to incriminate an innocent young woman, Sheila Caffell, in Bamber's dastardly deed.  There wasn't a chance in a million that she would have knowingly endangered her beloved children.  What a scoundrel to ever suggest such a thing!

Its one thing to write a book about a true crime and/or potential miscarriage of justice along the lines of Lomax, Powell and Wilkes but this book by author Paul Harrison is altogether different.  Harrison shows a complete disregard for research, facts, authenticity and sympathy for the victims and surviving relatives.  IMO this book is nothing other than an outlet to satiate Harrison's own DEVIANT mind.  And of course he is looking to exploit the WHF tragedy at a poignant time for commercial gain.  Disgusting  %56&

Offline Angelo222

Its one thing to write a book about a true crime and/or potential miscarriage of justice along the lines of Lomax, Powell and Wilkes but this book by author Paul Harrison is altogether different.  Harrison shows a complete disregard for research, facts, authenticity and sympathy for the victims and surviving relatives.  IMO this book is nothing other than an outlet to satiate Harrison's own DEVIANT mind.  And of course he is looking to exploit the WHF tragedy at a poignant time for commercial gain.  Disgusting  %56&

8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(   and stomp all over an innocent young woman's memory into the bargain.  Double disgusting!!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 11:34:00 AM by John »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline sika

8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(.  Harrison is a parasite.  Oh!.....and a total bellend!

Offline puglove

8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)( 8@??)(.  Harrison is a parasite.  Oh!.....and a total bellend!

Ha!!    @)(++(*

I would love to read the provenance of the "smoking gun" letter.

I would also love to have sex with John Sessions. And ride a pink unicorn.

But there you go.     8)><(

Offline puglove

Paul Harrison (aka Mason Doyle)....

You should have gone with Sheila being locked in her bedroom, then Bamber chloroforming her. That would explain why her handbag was turned out on the bed.

If you want to write another book, give me a shout.   8((()*/

Offline Holly Goodhead

Ha!!    @)(++(*

I would love to read the provenance of the "smoking gun" letter.

I would also love to have sex with John Sessions. And ride a pink unicorn.

But there you go.     8)><(

Strange how PH described the 'anonymous' letter/envelope to the Scottish Express eg produced on a typewriter and postmarked Essex. 

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/524489/Mass-killer-Jeremy-Bamber-s-threat-to-Scots-author-Harrison

Yet with the "smoking gun" letter, also sent anonymously, we get no such description  &%+((£ 

I see your gay crush on me has passed puglove.  I really, really wanted to explore my bi-curiosity with you  8)><(