Author Topic: KM's Paperback (PB)  (Read 134239 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: KM's Paperback (PB)
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2019, 10:48:58 AM »
Can you please tell me what this has got to do with the discussion?  Did Kate call someone with a life changing physical illness a nasty name? 
Kate cannot help her upbringing or the way she talks (unless you feel she should have gone to elocution lessons before speaking to the media).  Therefore you are taking the piss out of her background and her class which is much the same as taking the piss out of someone for having ginger hair or a speech impediment or being Chinese.  You either go with the flow and accept that this is all harmless “banter” or you get morally righteous about it when it suits you.  My beef with you is not that you were taking the piss out of Kate’s accent per se, but that you were repeatedly doing it with the sole aim of winding up supporters on this forum, after having been told that it was annoying.  And you are supposed to be a moderator?!

I refuse to go round in circles on these points I've set out my position in previous posts and I've already said that imo those who object to my comments about sausage/chips and a play on word over book are seeking control rather than offended per se. 

Yes I am a moderator and not a robotic one!  Light-hearted banter about regional/international cuisine and accents is not against forum rules and others here will testify to the fact that I often make what I consider benign jokes about such matters on other boards. 

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2019, 10:53:58 AM »
I refuse to go round in circles on these points I've set out my position in previous posts and I've already said that imo those who object to my comments about sausage/chips and a play on word over book are seeking control rather than offended per se. 

Yes I am a moderator and not a robotic one!  Light-hearted banter about regional/international cuisine and accents is not against forum rules and others here will testify to the fact that I often make what I consider benign jokes about such matters on other boards.

I'm not offended by your comments I just find them quite childish

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2019, 10:55:26 AM »
Why are you determined to rubbish the UK justice system in order to defend the Portuguese one?

No system is perfect whether it be the justice system or any other system and whether it be UK based or elsewhere. 

I haven't seen you post on other case related boards here or elsewhere?  I have contributed to various case related boards here, Jeremy Bamber forum and InjusticeAnywhere forum therefore I can appreciate that the UK judicial system is far from perfect along with all other countries.   
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2019, 10:55:54 AM »
I'm not offended by your comments I just find them quite childish

I prefer to see them as playful  (&^&

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2019, 11:27:03 AM »
Sure, why not?  I called my mother a “mad old bint” the other day and she’s definitely showing all the signs of dementia.  She wasn’t that pleased about it though, truth be told...  @)(++(*

Hardly surprising. Neither 'mad' or 'bint' are terms which a woman is likely to be pleased about.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2019, 11:37:55 AM »
At least at JBF they had somewhat of a sense of humour:

http://jeremybamberforum.co.uk/index.php/topic,3669.msg144832.html#msg144832

Offline Myster

« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2019, 11:44:03 AM »

Definitely the internet equivalent of "Loose Women".
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2019, 11:52:04 AM »
Definitely the internet equivalent of "Loose Women".

Yes but no one took offence and I can confirm at least one is from the North as we had several lengthy telephone conversations. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2019, 05:49:32 PM »

I thought John recently proscribed the use of the word you kept using in a provocative manner?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2019, 05:50:28 PM »
Hardly surprising. Neither 'mad' or 'bint' are terms which a woman is likely to be pleased about.
What about “old” though?  Surely the worst of the three!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #55 on: October 22, 2019, 05:53:19 PM »

I read to the end of the first page and came across this comment from the moderator
“Why have we got this thread about June and Sheila. Personally I find it disrespectful.  We dont know what their relationship was like...only other peoples opinions. Imo”

As you all appear to be having a bit of “light hearted banter” about two murder victims I can’t help but see her point.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2019, 09:33:01 AM »
I read to the end of the first page and came across this comment from the moderator
“Why have we got this thread about June and Sheila. Personally I find it disrespectful.  We dont know what their relationship was like...only other peoples opinions. Imo”

As you all appear to be having a bit of “light hearted banter” about two murder victims I can’t help but see her point.

Your post is a gross distortion of the facts:

- I don't believe the moderator you refer to was a moderator at the time of making the post you have quoted.

- Admin then and now is a non-practicing UK criminal defence barrister who clearly did not object to the posts hence they are still accessible.

- The post you have quoted was made by an adoptive mother who refused to entertain that the difficult relationship that clearly existed between Mrs Bamber and her adopted daughter, Sheila Caffell nee Bamber, might well have had something to do with adoption.

- The posts involving banter do not refer to the murder victims and revolve around stereotypical cultural differences between northerners and southerners and other such light-hearted banter.   

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2019, 09:50:34 AM »
I thought John recently proscribed the use of the word you kept using in a provocative manner?

Unfortunately it seems this particular board is unable to function based on the high level rules set out on the homepage therefore John is required to intervene in a way that isn't required on other boards here. 

What is provocative to some is intolerance for others. 

GA has to date been able to publish a book claiming the McCanns accidentally killed MM and covered it up despite the McCanns attempts to stop him via various legal means and courts.  They have received an onslaught of bad publicity from across the globe coupled with death threats.  Do you really think they are bothered about some faceless entity on a discussion board referring to KM's PB Liverpudlian style?  If they are not bothered then why would it bother anyone here?  As I said imo its all about control. 

And if those here are so bothered what are they doing to wage the war elsewhere which unlike comments here is quite vitriolic?     

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2019, 10:02:06 AM »
Your post is a gross distortion of the facts:

- I don't believe the moderator you refer to was a moderator at the time of making the post you have quoted.

- Admin then and now is a non-practicing UK criminal defence barrister who clearly did not object to the posts hence they are still accessible.

- The post you have quoted was made by an adoptive mother who refused to entertain that the difficult relationship that clearly existed between Mrs Bamber and her adopted daughter, Sheila Caffell nee Bamber, might well have had something to do with adoption.

- The posts involving banter do not refer to the murder victims and revolve around stereotypical cultural differences between northerners and southerners and other such light-hearted banter.   
You make out as if I deliberately distorted "the facts" - as if I should have known already all the points you make.  This one fact remains however - at least one member of that forum found your banter disrespectful, so your claim that "at least at the JBF they had a sense of humour" is not entirely accurate.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2019, 10:17:25 AM »
Unfortunately it seems this particular board is unable to function based on the high level rules set out on the homepage therefore John is required to intervene in a way that isn't required on other boards here. 

What is provocative to some is intolerance for others. 

GA has to date been able to publish a book claiming the McCanns accidentally killed MM and covered it up despite the McCanns attempts to stop him via various legal means and courts.  They have received an onslaught of bad publicity from across the globe coupled with death threats.  Do you really think they are bothered about some faceless entity on a discussion board referring to KM's PB Liverpudlian style?  If they are not bothered then why would it bother anyone here?  As I said imo its all about control. 

And if those here are so bothered what are they doing to wage the war elsewhere which unlike comments here is quite vitriolic?   
I have already answered this question at least twice but it seems you are determined to pursue your strawman argument.  For the third and last time, this is nothing to do with what the McCanns feel or think, it was about your role as a moderator and your insistence on continuing to use a word that you know is provocative.