Author Topic: From the OFFICIAL PORTUGUESE POLICE FILES (and more)  (Read 15956 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: From the OFFICIAL PORTUGUESE POLICE FILES (and more)
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2013, 11:07:05 AM »

May I repeat that there was a time in the early morning when only Kate and Gerry were out and about and the police had all gone home, even if only temporarily.  Also the searchers had all gone to bed.  So they were searching alone at one point.

Offline Meadow

« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2013, 11:16:41 AM »
Debunker
''The poster I was criticising has persistently misused the word lie in order to bolster his week case and then shown himself totally unable to make a simple logical derivation.''

To nitpick and particularly to  people who have given their time to translate & explain is the lowest form of wit, but that is not your MO is it. Throughout everything I have so far read, you are the one who goes in for semantics. 

I can't think of the worse form of gentlemanly behaviour.  It really is you shooting yourself in the foot.  Of all the tactics employed to be dismissive to a poster, spelling & grammar nitpicking is the worse!  It's like judging books by covers.

PS
don't you mean WEAK !

Offline Admin

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2013, 12:21:36 PM »

May I repeat that there was a time in the early morning when only Kate and Gerry were out and about and the police had all gone home, even if only temporarily.  Also the searchers had all gone to bed.  So they were searching alone at one point.

Just to clarify, weren't the Press Pack camped out at the apartment day and night?

Offline Admin

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2013, 12:23:43 PM »
Debunker
''The poster I was criticising has persistently misused the word lie in order to bolster his week case and then shown himself totally unable to make a simple logical derivation.''

To nitpick and particularly to  people who have given their time to translate & explain is the lowest form of wit, but that is not your MO is it. Throughout everything I have so far read, you are the one who goes in for semantics. 

I can't think of the worse form of gentlemanly behaviour.  It really is you shooting yourself in the foot.  Of all the tactics employed to be dismissive to a poster, spelling & grammar nitpicking is the worse!  It's like judging books by covers.

PS
don't you mean WEAK !

And moreover, posts which constitute mini squabbles will be expunged on the spot!

debunker

« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2013, 12:41:12 PM »
Debunker

PS
don't you mean WEAK !

And moreover, posts which constitute mini squabbles will be expunged on the spot!

It may be difficult to separate valid argument from squabbles. With Stephen25000 i am making what I think are valid points- that he persistently uses the word 'lie' in a contentious and non-factual manner and that he misunderstands the application of statistical analysis to single events.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2013, 12:58:15 PM »

Just to clarify, weren't the Press Pack camped out at the apartment day and night?

Not at that time on the first morning, 4th of May.  The Press hadn't had time to get there.  It was at early daylight, and Kate and Gerry were the only people up and about.
There will have been logical reasons for this, but I expect that Kate was distraught, and couldn't understand why the police weren't there.

Offline gilet

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2013, 12:34:38 AM »
Hideho could you please explain why you rely entirely on the interim PJ report of Almeida from mid 2007 and completely ignore the final PJ Carlos report of June 2008? The final report is written with the benefit of the full forensic reports being to hand unlike the Almeida interim report. Those forensic reports make it very obvious that the Almeida report was not correct in a number of claims made there. That is not unusual in a police investigation, new information comes in all the time and conclusions change.

What is strange is your behaviour in simply relying on what we all know is an incomplete report and your refusal to use the actual final report and I for one would like to know why that is your position?

Offline Chinagirl

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2013, 03:24:29 AM »
Good question, Gilet, and I hope Hideho will answer it.

The reliance on this interim report was one of Bennett's main ploys which he used as justification for his defiance of the conditions of his high court undertaking, and his continual vilification of the McCann parents for being guilty of causing the death of their daughter and simulating an abduction.  No matter how many times it was pointed out to him that this was merely an INTERIM report and was superseded by the FINAL report, he continued to ignore the final report because it effectively exonerated the parents from any complicity in Madeleine's disappearance.  He persisted in this dishonest behaviour right up and into the High Court in February this year, when he offered up the Almeida interim report as a defence in his contempt of court hearing.  However, Mr Justice Tugendhat noted and decried this action in his judgment.  See  http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2013/283.html

I suspect Hideho has simply followed in her hero Bennett's footsteps in perpetuating his deliberately misleading conduct, as can be seen from her opening post in this thread.  It would be
good to see her correct this basic dishonesty.
A

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2013, 10:33:53 AM »
Perhaps the answer is that the final report is not very hekpful in supporting the belief that the McCanns are guilty?

debunker

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2013, 10:39:28 AM »
It is also important to be aware of the standing of the two reports.

POlice summaries are required to present all available evidence and lines of enquiry, no matter how unlikely they are to reach a stanard that requires charges and trial. The prosecutor has to weigh this evidence and decide whether a trial is possible. To my surprise the Prosecutor decided there was no evidence to implicate the McCanns.