Author Topic: Sir Keir Starmer Appointed Leader Of The Labour Party  (Read 18816 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Sir Keir Starmer Appointed Leader Of The Labour Party
« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2020, 05:16:23 PM »
I’d love to know why Corbyn and his supporters are only interested in human rights abuses by Israel and America.  Can anyome think of any other countries that receive such scrutiny from the far left, or explain why these two countries above all cause them such fury and angst?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2020, 06:06:35 PM »
Great article from Jewish Voice for Labour, a community of Jewish Labour Party members. The comments are particularly interesting.

https://www.jewishvoiceforlabour.org.uk/statement/unravelling-the-sacking-of-rebecca-long-bailey/?fbclid=IwAR2jLaD9Td5X4X_sk7CYiEeK7WtySiLL_Qk3dtGJP21SxeS2DVseJveuMQA

A case of trying to be more Jewish than the Jews ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2020, 06:32:57 PM »
Corbyn supporters are never going to forgive Starmer for this, it’s quite hilarious.  Time to leave the party en masse and set up the Momentum Party which will I predict flounder and die within a few years.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2020, 07:27:38 PM »
Corbyn supporters are never going to forgive Starmer for this, it’s quite hilarious.  Time to leave the party en masse and set up the Momentum Party which will I predict flounder and die within a few years.

I don't think it will just be Corbyn supporters!

The sacking was ill placed IMO. There was no anti Semitic accusations hurled at GF's illegal killing by an over zealous police officer at all.

The only thing I noticed was  PEAKE saying as if true that Israelis are training US cops to neck kneel- nothing about  training them to neck kneel blacks who resist arrest.  Other countries share techniques, and intelligence, nothing new to see here!

All blown out of proportion. IMO

What happened to GF  was wrong and despicable abuse of power, we still don't know if this was actually racially motivated or just a cop sick with having to deal with hardened violent criminals losing his rag. GF could well have been white or Spanish, or Asian...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2020, 09:25:38 PM »
I don't think it will just be Corbyn supporters!

The sacking was ill placed IMO. There was no anti Semitic accusations hurled at GF's illegal killing by an over zealous police officer at all.

The only thing I noticed was  PEAKE saying as if true that Israelis are training US cops to neck kneel- nothing about  training them to neck kneel blacks who resist arrest.  Other countries share techniques, and intelligence, nothing new to see here!

All blown out of proportion. IMO

What happened to GF  was wrong and despicable abuse of power, we still don't know if this was actually racially motivated or just a cop sick with having to deal with hardened violent criminals losing his rag. GF could well have been white or Spanish, or Asian...
Corbyn’ Left are quick to blame  J̶e̶w̶s̶ Israel for all the ills of the world.  They focus almost exclusively on human rights abuses by Israel, but when did you last hear them condemning  any other country (apart from the USA, Israel’s biggest ally) for their human rights abuses?  Which Muslim countries get as much criticism from the Labour Left as they dole out to Israel? Do you think maybe, just maybe, the Labour Left are courting the votes of a rapidly growing Muslim electorate by positioning themselves as Anti-J̶e̶w̶ Israel?

« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2020, 05:51:59 PM »
Corbyn’ Left are quick to blame  J̶e̶w̶s̶ Israel for all the ills of the world.  They focus almost exclusively on human rights abuses by Israel, but when did you last hear them condemning  any other country (apart from the USA, Israel’s biggest ally) for their human rights abuses?  Which Muslim countries get as much criticism from the Labour Left as they dole out to Israel? Do you think maybe, just maybe, the Labour Left are courting the votes of a rapidly growing Muslim electorate by positioning themselves as Anti-J̶e̶w̶ Israel?

I agree with most of what you are saying. However, I was discussing to the claim about anti- [ censored word]emitism claims with regards to Peake and her Bailey friend who was sacked. In that respect I feel Sir human rights lawyer gravy train slurpper Strammer was wrong.  The whole thing was blown out of proportion IMO.

Do I agree that Israel have violated palestinian human rights - Yes I do. many Jewish people feel the same way.

I am talking with reference about the 'settlements policy'. it is inhumane and disgusting to throw people off their land of centuries/millennium even in  the most brutal manner, and the reason I find this particularly horrible  is because the Jewish people in Europe were treated the same way and it was a cause of the second world war- Nazis hating Jews.  Many.many millions of non Jews suffered and died because of that- those survivors who stole the land they claim was given by God and created animosity due to their greed of land grabbing is not honorable, or to be condoned.

Re: the choice of human rights 'victims'- You are spot on with that VS. They supported the IRA, Mandela, and other corrupt dictators/terrorists with a left wing remit.

Communism doesn't work- Russia and China tried it- then gave up as the corrupt leaders and their families loved the good life as well as the power over the serfs.  Time for the wealthy,left wingers to....wing it.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2020, 11:51:53 PM »
I agree with most of what you are saying. However, I was discussing to the claim about anti- [ censored word]emitism claims with regards to Peake and her Bailey friend who was sacked. In that respect I feel Sir human rights lawyer gravy train slurpper Strammer was wrong.  The whole thing was blown out of proportion IMO.

Do I agree that Israel have violated palestinian human rights - Yes I do. many Jewish people feel the same way.

I am talking with reference about the 'settlements policy'. it is inhumane and disgusting to throw people off their land of centuries/millennium even in  the most brutal manner, and the reason I find this particularly horrible  is because the Jewish people in Europe were treated the same way and it was a cause of the second world war- Nazis hating Jews.  Many.many millions of non Jews suffered and died because of that- those survivors who stole the land they claim was given by God and created animosity due to their greed of land grabbing is not honorable, or to be condoned.

Re: the choice of human rights 'victims'- You are spot on with that VS. They supported the IRA, Mandela, and other corrupt dictators/terrorists with a left wing remit.

Communism doesn't work- Russia and China tried it- then gave up as the corrupt leaders and their families loved the good life as well as the power over the serfs.  Time for the wealthy,left wingers to....wing it.

Novel take on the causes of the Second World War there MTI.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2020, 08:12:30 AM »

Quench the flame of [ censored word]emitism, Starmer, but put out the crazy Trots too
Rod Liddle
Sunday June 28 2020, 12.01am, The Sunday Times

Save

You’ve got to admire their tenacity and persistence. An entire world emerging from a pandemic and lockdown to a future of financial chaos and ruination — but Labour’s lefties can still find time to have a go at Jews. The obsession that cannot ever be diminished; the flame that never dies.

The latest came from the gloriously irritating Corbynista actress Maxine Peake, who managed to link the killing of George Floyd to the state of Israel. The fact that a decade or so ago some police officers from Minnesota, where Floyd was killed, attended an anti-terrorism conference hosted by the Israeli consulate was enough for Peake. Israeli collusion in the murder of a fine upstanding man, was the gist.

Her maniacal conspiracy-theory observations were retweeted by Rebecca Long Bailey MP, who, for reasons presumably satirical in design, holds Labour’s education portfolio. Well, held, at least. The Labour leader, Sir Keir Starmer, has sacked her, and the political firmament today shines a little less brightly, now that Rebecca’s shimmering brilliance has been peremptorily dimmed.

Starmer’s supposed reasons were sound — Labour is trying to “rebuild trust” among a British Jewish community that, until Corbyn and Wrong Daily came along, voted Labour almost unanimously and would now, in similar unison, vote for almost anyone but. The recently dispossessed lefties are furious, of course. Wrong Daily pleaded with her leader to take her back, insisting that, while she had retweeted Peake’s idiocies with the commendation that the TV star was a “diamond” (in that she is overvalued and transparent, possibly), she had never meant to endorse the entirety of her observations. In which case perhaps she should have tweeted “Maxine Peake is a diamond, apart from the anti-Jew stuff”.

The disagreeable whiff of sulphur you’ve just caught on the wind, meanwhile, was John McDonnell rising from his crypt to announce that he stood “in solidarity” with Long Bailey, most notably on the grounds that a commitment to [ censored word]emitism should not preclude criticism of the government and policies of Israel.

Many on the far left made that very point — and, of course, it is correct. Criticism of the Israeli government is just fine. It is the weird, relentless obsession with Israel, above and beyond all other countries, that is the signifier of undiluted [ censored word]emitism.

It is a mania that leads in the end to the condition that afflicted the former Liberal Democrat MP Jenny (now Baroness) Tonge, when she gave credence to claims that Israeli rescue workers were harvesting organs from victims of the 2010 Haiti earthquake, calling for an inquiry into the allegations. It is a kind of mental illness, a derangement. But this racism still has purchase in certain sections of our population. A study from Oxford University revealed last month that a scary 19% of British people believed that Jews were in some way responsible for the coronavirus. Those evil bat-eating Jews, then. Are one in five of us really that doolally?

SPONSORED
 The veterans who used their military training in the ultimate crisis
The veterans who used their military training in the ultimate crisis
 Army veterans who have been on the frontline of the Covid-19 response
Army veterans who have been on the frontline of the Covid-19...
My suspicion, though, is that Sir Keir found the Peakegate Twitter business extremely expedient. A more honest and noble course of action would have been to sack Long Bailey months ago, because she is utterly, staggeringly, useless. The former leadership contender had her place on the Labour front bench as a sop to the Momentum hordes, who worship the woman. But there should have been no such sop. Such was the distance that Labour had travelled from its voter base under Jeremy Corbyn that Starmer should have been ruthless in purging every last Trot-friendly, victimhood-obsessed ninny from his political front line, including the increasingly berserk David Lammy.

A split in the party? Sure, fine, bring it on. It would have done him no harm at all, any more than it did Tony Blair. But Sir Keir is still a little too keen to take the knee to whichever faction of the party demands it and, three months after his accession, I still do not have a clue what he believes in or stands for, admirable though he may be each week at prime minister’s questions.

The latest polling research shows that Labour is now seen, pretty much unequivocally, as the party of the affluent. The poorer you are, the more likely you are to vote Conservative. The polls may have narrowed dramatically — but that is a consequence, I reckon, of an enormous disillusion with the government’s inept handling of the pandemic, rather than a positive vote for Labour. So who should replace Wrong Daily as Labour’s education spokesperson? It needs to be someone with Rebecca’s robust intellectual clout, soaring imagination, forensic attention to detail and remarkable articulacy. Richard Burgon, anyone?

« Reply #101 on: June 28, 2020, 12:12:31 PM »
Novel take on the causes of the Second World War there MTI.

No ,Not really, I am not claiming it was THE cause of WW2  just A cause- one of many reasons. Hitlers third Reich-

He had quite  a big remit for a European Union- with him as president. 

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #102 on: June 28, 2020, 12:19:26 PM »
No ,Not really, I am not claiming it was THE cause of WW2  just A cause- one of many reasons. Hitlers third Reich-

He had quite  a big remit for a European Union- with him as president.

Don't you mean Dictator?

« Reply #103 on: June 28, 2020, 12:41:39 PM »
Don't you mean Dictator?

Yes, I have other words to describe him, but his vision was to rule over the Europe he was building so god like President is what he saw himself I am sure, if any of his rallies were anything to go by.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #104 on: June 28, 2020, 04:00:45 PM »
Ed Miliband: Keir Starmer was right to sack Rebecca Long Bailey
Long Bailey was dismissed for praising Maxine Peake after the actress made false claims that Israel’s security services had taught US police the choke hold used on George Floyd

In the wake of polling showing that Starmer has overtaken Boris Johnson in terms of which leader voters believe would make a better prime minister, he said there was no doubt about which was the better Labour leader.

Mr Miliband resigned as Labour leader in 2015 after his party’s crushing election defeat.

Labour lost many seats to the SNP in Scotland as Conservative David Cameron secured a surprise 12-seat majority.

Mr Miliband returned to the backbenches during Jeremy Corbyn’s leadership before Sir Keir made him shadow business secretary in April this year.

Sponsored

Asked by the BBC today: “Is he going to be a better leader of the Labour Party than you?”

Mr Miliband replied: “Definitely. I think you’ve seen that already.”

He laughed as he added: “Look, I certainly never had his approval ratings.

“I think he’s made a great start. I think he’s shown not just competence but the kind of seriousness that this crisis demands.

Sir Keir Starmer sacked Rebecca Long Bailey after she shared an article which drew links between Israel and the death of George FloydSir Keir Starmer sacked Rebecca Long Bailey after she shared an article which drew links between Israel and the death of George Floyd
Sir Keir Starmer sacked Rebecca Long Bailey after she shared an article which drew links between Israel and the death of George Floyd

GETTY IMAGES

“I think the more people see of him the more they’ll see the integrity, the principle and

The shadow business secretary told the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show that Long Bailey had blundered by endorsing Ms Peake’s interview in which she drew a false link between Israel and the death of Mr Floyd.

“The problem is that over the centuries when calamitous things have happened, Jews have been blamed and that’s why there was an [ censored word]emitism issue in relation to this, and that’s why I believe Keir took the right decision.”

Mr Miliband said he did not think Long Bailey was [ censored word]emitic but made a “significant error of judgement”. He said of the sacking: “I don’t think it was an overreaction.”

He went on: “The problem about the interview - and I’ve met Maxine Peake, who I think is a perfectly decent person and she’s apologised, and I think that’s significant - was it’s the casualness of it, that is in the way the problem.

“A terrible thing happens to George Floyd and the Israeli defence force is somehow singled out. I think Britain has had exchanges with American police forces but Britain wasn’t singled out.”

He denied a purge is taking place against the Labour left.

Mr Miliband also told the BBC’s Andrew Marr Show: “I heard something in your paper review about how Keir wants to purge these people, he’s not about purges, I know the guy.

“He’s a principled guy, he’s a guy with integrity, he wants to change this country and he wants to change this country by unifying the Labour Party but also not having the Labour Party mired in issues which, frankly, provide a stain on us.”

Told it was not zero tolerance to remove Long Bailey from her post but leave others in the party who say they “stand in solidarity” with her, Mr Miliband said Sir Keir Starmer is not going to “expel everybody in the Labour Party who says this”.

Mr Miliband said Labour MPs on the left should help fight the Conservatives, replying “no, of course it isn’t” when asked if a wider purge is to take place