Author Topic: All the lies the Media have told about Christian Bruckner  (Read 42469 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

All the lies the Media have told about Christian Bruckner
« on: August 03, 2020, 06:50:11 PM »
It seems the latest hope on here is that CB will successfully sue the world’s media for libel.  It’s nice the guy has so many people on here rooting for him but what false statements that aren’t necessarily lies* exactly will he be able to sue for?  Let’s start a list....

*Post amended to satisfy G-Unit’s very own definition of “false statements “ meaning not necessarily  lies, exactly.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2020, 11:47:25 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

Re: All the lies the Media have told about Christian Bruckner
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 07:28:43 PM »
Only Brueckner will know what lies have been printed.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline The General

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 07:31:17 PM »
An unfounded allegation can be construed as libel.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 07:41:59 PM »
An unfounded allegation can be construed as libel.

so what unfounded allegations have been made against him

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 07:46:47 PM »
It will be interesting to see how he could prove they are unfounded.   The more he speaks about the case the more chance of the lies being exposed, if they exist in the first place.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 08:08:24 PM »
And yet so many people on this forum seem certain he has a strong case to sue the world’s media for libel.  How do they know what’s lies then?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 08:13:49 PM »
It will be interesting to see how he could prove they are unfounded.   The more he speaks about the case the more chance of the lies being exposed, if they exist in the first place.
He wouldn’t have to prove anything, but he would have to employ some very expensive lawyers first.

Offline The General

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 08:17:07 PM »
Well that remains to be seen. Most rag press are a little more cautious these days, but there's still a few that will see a £300 - 400k libel award as a loss leader.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 08:19:30 PM »
Well that remains to be seen. Most rag press are a little more cautious these days, but there's still a few that will see a £300 - 400k libel award as a loss leader.
So you’ve no idea what or even if any of the allegations are unfounded yet you seem pretty certain he has a strong case to sue for libel. How very odd.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 08:29:22 PM »
Would a tabloid report that Bruckner had told a friend that he knew what had happened to Madeleine McCann cause more harm to his reputation than the fact of his conviction for the torture and rape of a 72 year old woman?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 08:35:40 PM »
The parents sued for defamation due to allegations made about them that were never substantiated. I find it strange that certain individuals would deny Brueckner the same right to justice.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline The General

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 08:46:31 PM »
The parents sued for defamation due to allegations made about them that were never substantiated. I find it strange that certain individuals would deny Brueckner the same right to justice.
Indeed and, despite the title of this thread, the allegations don't necessarily have to be lies.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2020, 09:01:06 PM »
Indeed and, despite the title of this thread, the allegations don't necessarily have to be lies.
Are you suggesting that the British media can print the truth about a convicted paedophile and rapist from Germany and still be sued for defamation.?  Well, this I would love to see...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2020, 09:02:07 PM »
what total and absolute BS....Breukner has every right to justice ...and I certainly hope he gets it....and so does Madeleine

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2020, 09:09:29 PM »
what total and absolute BS....Breukner has every right to justice ...and I certainly hope he gets it....and so does Madeleine

Then you are okay with Brueckner receiving huge wads of cash for the unsubstantiated allegations made about him in the press. Glad to hear it.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?