Author Topic: Introduction and a request please!  (Read 7128 times)

Offline Teams_UP

Introduction and a request please!
« on: February 04, 2021, 09:40:12 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the board; thanks for accepting me.  I'm after a favour!  Full disclosure; I'm currently writing a book about contentious cases and, of course, Jeremy's case features. 

The point of the book is not to discuss if he's innocent or guilty, but to look into forums like this and ask posters what it is that motivates them to discuss the case.  Does anyone have any thoughts or would be willing to chat to me about it?

Also I'll be honest - I find this and the Blue Forum quite confusing, could explain a bit of the history for me? 

Thank you so much in advance  8(0(* 8((()*/

Offline Nicholas

Re: Introduction and a request please!
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 09:29:00 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the board; thanks for accepting me.  I'm after a favour!  Full disclosure; I'm currently writing a book about contentious cases and, of course, Jeremy's case features. 

The point of the book is not to discuss if he's innocent or guilty, but to look into forums like this and ask posters what it is that motivates them to discuss the case.  Does anyone have any thoughts or would be willing to chat to me about it?

Also I'll be honest - I find this and the Blue Forum quite confusing, could explain a bit of the history for me? 

Hi Helen - welcome to the board  8((()*/

Am interested to know why you appear to deem Bamber’s case ‘contentious’ ?

He’s clearly committing innocence fraud and has been doing so for over 3 decades!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=smTH371hP5o
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 09:58:41 AM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline colsville

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 11:30:31 AM »
Hi everyone,

From a legal point of view, there is nothing contentious about the Jeremy Bamber case. There is very strong, and even overwhelming evidence that points to guilt on Jeremy's part.  Evidence against him has got even stronger over the years as forensic analysis has become more advanced.

This has been tested many times in court over the last 35 years. 

It is the legal right of every prisoner in the UK to access all the evidence on his or her case, and to contest their guilt, even if the evidence forwarded to the legal authorities is weak, complete nonsense, or even faked evidence.

Jeremy Bamber has been submitting faked and fabricated evidence to the legal authorities over the last 35 years.  His latest effort was dismissed by the CCRC as 'pure speculation and unsubstantiated allegations'   

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/jeremy-bamber-murder-appeal-bid-rejected-7681474.html

So, if anything about this case is contentious, it's about whether Jeremy Bamber should be allowed to submit faked evidence or not.  And should newspapers be printing his press releases pretty much verbatim, without applying any analysis?

Your subject matter is very narrow.  Just out of interest, who is going to buy a book on the subject of 'why people talk about Jeremy Bamber on forums?' 

Do you have a publisher, or is this a self published effort?  Just curious.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 12:00:16 PM »
and, of course, Jeremy's case features. 

The point of the book is not to discuss if he's innocent or guilty, but to look into forums like this and ask posters what it is that motivates them to discuss the case

Why ‘of course Jeremy’s case’ ?

And what motivates you?

Why would you choose to promote the 30 plus year old false narrative of a man who murdered his dad Nevill, his mum June, his sister Sheila and his 6 year old nephews Nicholas and Daniel in cold blood?

Daniel was found with his thumb in his mouth Helen..

Have your read the letters Bamber sent to Nicholas and Daniel’s father Colin (Another of his victims) from his prison cell?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/life/features/in-cold-blood-the-white-house-farm-murders-38871349.html

I see you’re also planning to include the Amanda Knox and Menendez brothers cases - is this to help with the work you do or is their another motivation?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 12:18:19 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 12:28:59 PM »

From a legal point of view, there is nothing contentious about the Jeremy Bamber case. There is very strong, and even overwhelming evidence that points to guilt on Jeremy's part.  Evidence against him has got even stronger over the years as forensic analysis has become more advanced.

This has been tested many times in court over the last 35 years. 

It is the legal right of every prisoner in the UK to access all the evidence on his or her case, and to contest their guilt, even if the evidence forwarded to the legal authorities is weak, complete nonsense, or even faked evidence.

Jeremy Bamber has been submitting faked and fabricated evidence to the legal authorities over the last 35 years.  His latest effort was dismissed by the CCRC as 'pure speculation and unsubstantiated allegations'   

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/jeremy-bamber-murder-appeal-bid-rejected-7681474.html

So, if anything about this case is contentious, it's about whether Jeremy Bamber should be allowed to submit faked evidence or not.  And should newspapers be printing his press releases pretty much verbatim, without applying any analysis?

Your subject matter is very narrow.  Just out of interest, who is going to buy a book on the subject of 'why people talk about Jeremy Bamber on forums?' 

Sorry - I hadn’t listened to your podcast when I posted my previous questions/posts above 👆🏽 Helen

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cea8Qt08J5o

Helen has written to Bamber and received a letter from him and is ‘hoping to correspond with him a bit

She’s also hoping to send her proposals out to a publisher apparently - so it doesn’t look like it will be a self published effort colsville

Will be interesting to hear what she hopes to achieve by writing her book and also learn more about the type of person she is
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 01:29:05 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 12:45:17 PM »
Hi everyone,

Who said to you ‘Cases like this always bring out the nuts’ ?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 01:26:48 PM by Nicholas »

Offline colsville

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 02:03:04 PM »
Sorry - I hadn’t listened to your podcast when I posted my previous questions/posts above 👆🏽 Helen

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cea8Qt08J5o

Helen has written to Bamber and received a letter from him and is ‘hoping to correspond with him a bit

She’s also hoping to send her proposals out to a publisher apparently - so it doesn’t look like it will be a self published effort colsville

Will be interesting to hear what she hopes to achieve by writing her book and also learn more about the type of person she is

I still don't see the point of writing a book about people who use forums to talk about true crime. Like...who cares? I can see why people write books about true crime though (kerching - although I have huge respect for Carol Ann Lee).

One of her questions was "Where do they find the time to write on these forums?"

Well....

Where do people find the time to watch telly?
Where do people find the time to play computer games?
Where do people find the time to write a blog?
Where do people find the time to post to their Instagram account?
Where do people find the time to read books?

And so on and so on....

Still, she gets to correspond with a famous murderer, that'll be nice for her.  She made it sound as though she was flattered that he replied....She should ask him about Ann Eaton and Julie Mugford....wind him up and let him go...She'll get the full force of his inner rage if she does.

Offline Teams_UP

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2021, 09:09:02 AM »
Hi both, and thank you for your replies.  Also thank you for taking the time to listen to the podcast I recorded recently which as you say may have answered a few questions, but I'll try and answer some of the others below.

Offline Teams_UP

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2021, 09:18:13 AM »
Why ‘of course Jeremy’s case’ ?

And what motivates you?

Why would you choose to promote the 30 plus year old false narrative of a man who murdered his dad Nevill, his mum June, his sister Sheila and his 6 year old nephews Nicholas and Daniel in cold blood?

Daniel was found with his thumb in his mouth Helen..

Have your read the letters Bamber sent to Nicholas and Daniel’s father Colin (Another of his victims) from his prison cell?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/life/features/in-cold-blood-the-white-house-farm-murders-38871349.html

I see you’re also planning to include the Amanda Knox and Menendez brothers cases - is this to help with the work you do or is their another motivation?

Firstly, the fact that the case is still being debated nearly 36 years later to me makes it contentious.  I've chosen 6 different cases to discuss; this one, Amanda Knox, Darlie Routier, The Menendez Brothers, JonBenet Ramsey and Lizzie Borden.  This is on the basis that they still hold a fascination and people continue to discuss them.

Secondly, at no point did I say that I thought or think that Jeremy is innocent.  I am in no way 'promoting' him. 

Offline Teams_UP

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2021, 09:20:37 AM »
Who said to you ‘Cases like this always bring out the nuts’ ?

It's a quote from one of the forums I'm on; I think this one actually refers to the Darlie Routier case.  Ironically, it was posted by one of the forum members talking about others who don't agree with her; it's not my opinion.

Offline Teams_UP

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2021, 09:23:54 AM »

Still, she gets to correspond with a famous murderer, that'll be nice for her.  She made it sound as though she was flattered that he replied....She should ask him about Ann Eaton and Julie Mugford....wind him up and let him go...She'll get the full force of his inner rage if she does.

There's nothing 'nice' for me writing to convicted murderer.  I wasn't flattered, I was pleased from a professional point of view.  Again, at no point have I said that I think he is innocent.  I'm writing to him as I'm interested to hear what he thinks about the discussions which take place around his case.

Offline Teams_UP

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2021, 09:29:08 AM »

I'm the type of person who has an interest in true crime, and the psychology behind our fascination with it.  But I understand that my motivation is not necessarily the same as everyone else's which is why I've decided to write this book.  Would you be happy to tell me what you gain personally from discussing the case on here?

Offline Teams_UP

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2021, 09:32:21 AM »

Thanks Colville, I've just covered this in another reply but I've chosen 6 cases; Jeremy's is no more prominent than the other 5.  The subject matter is not just about the forums, it's about what happened in each case, why (or why not) the person was convicted, and public reaction to it from then on.

Offline Teams_UP

« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2021, 09:34:40 AM »

I still don't see the point of writing a book about people who use forums to talk about true crime. Like...who cares? I can see why people write books about true crime though (kerching - although I have huge respect for Carol Ann Lee).

Of course, you may be right and no-one will want to read it.  But I am finding it a fascinating subject to write about so from a personal point of view I have achieved a long standing goal.  That's enough for me, but I also strongly believe it is a subject of interest to others.  Also, it's not just about talking about true crime; I do this my self and am fascinated by it.  But my motivation will not be the same as others; are you happy to tell me what you gain from discussing the case on here?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 09:38:24 AM by Teams_UP »

Offline Teams_UP

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2021, 09:40:23 AM »

One of her questions was "Where do they find the time to write on these forums?"

Well....

Where do people find the time to watch telly?
Where do people find the time to play computer games?
Where do people find the time to write a blog?
Where do people find the time to post to their Instagram account?
Where do people find the time to read books?

And so on and so on....

I'm not quite sure what your point is here; of course I could choose to ask any of those questions but I didn't, I chose the subject of true crime forums.