Author Topic: More recent events related to Madeleine McCann's case  (Read 35044 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: More recent events related to Madeleine McCann's case
« Reply #300 on: July 22, 2021, 12:21:44 AM »
Audio tape? So as I stated you accept her confession?

She confessed to er family too... Still think I'm wrong

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #301 on: July 22, 2021, 12:24:19 AM »
Read the post again... Then comment... Its nothing to do with her confess... Its her agreeing to pay the money back
I’ve read it several times. You don’t paint a picture of an honest character. Offering to pay it back on audio tape implies she has your money or was she talking about paying you for a washing machine? It’s hard to guess given we both accept she appears less than honest as a character.

« Reply #302 on: July 22, 2021, 12:30:14 AM »
She confessed to er family too... Still think I'm wrong

I never said you were wrong . I questioned whether your “evidence” was robust enough for you to “know” rather than “believe” she stole your money.

Good effort though - even if it did take you over 48 hours and amounts to you taping a dishonest woman who was either talking about money she stole or money she owed for a washing machine!! I’m not a solicitor but I’d say on the balance of probabilities I’m with you. The trouble is theft is a criminal offence though.

« Reply #303 on: July 22, 2021, 02:38:13 AM »
I don't think that The PJ were frightfully interested in Paedophiles in those days.  Probably still aren't.  They don't appear to have cared very much about some bloke breaking into children's bedrooms at the time.

And have OG had any success in investigating CB, or any of the other alleged or suspected paedophiles possibly linked to this case? It seemed to take them years to realise Smithman was possibly highly significant in my opinion.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #304 on: July 22, 2021, 02:55:32 AM »

It took my female relative 12 years to discuss the sexual abuse she suffered.... and many more months before she could make a statement to the Police. What happened has left deep psychological trauma. There is no way I would criticise any victim of sexual abuse for speaking out - even if it's clear the alleged perpetrator is not going to face due legal process.

Perhaps you feel some kind of partisan loyalty to Clement Freud? In my opinion it's likely that he is every bit as repulsive and predatory as CB. Freud's wife accepted what he had done - but your "dislike"clearly appears to be aimed at the actions of his victims.

I know nothing about Clement Freud's accusers but think on ... if you or your son or daughter were to be accused of historic sex abuse ... would that be it for you.
Would you, your son and your daughter accept the accusation - or accusations - without question and settle down to do your time with good grace.

We have a well established legal system based on the presumption of innocence which would allow you to argue a case to defend yourself.

Clement Freud was dead when his accuser made an appearance on a documentary 'Abused And Betrayed - A Life Sentence' and therefore could mount no defence.

The day following the release of the documentary Cliff Richard was cleared of accusations made against him.   It took two horrible years as the police investigated - and no doubt expensive lawyers.

Cliff Richard was alive and able to fight his case. 

Lord McAlpine was able to fight his.  If they had been dead they would have shared the same addition to their name as that given to Clement Freud.

Accusers can tell it very wrong. Follow these two links to get a flavour of what Lord McAlpine was up against  ~

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20269114#:~:text=Lord%20McAlpine%2C%20whose%20grandfather%20founded%20the%20McAlpine%20construction,post%20until%201990.%20He%20now%20lives%20in%20Italy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2231212/Steven-Messham-Astonishing-story-BBC-DIDNT-tell-troubled-star-witness.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #305 on: July 22, 2021, 03:52:49 AM »
And have OG had any success in investigating CB, or any of the other alleged or suspected paedophiles possibly linked to this case? It seemed to take them years to realise Smithman was possibly highly significant in my opinion.
I think that like everyone else you are just going to have to wait to be told what the police are doing in Madeleine's case.

Scotland Yard used the tools of the trade to cast a wide net and didn't confine themselves to concentrating in one direction which is the mistake Amaral made.

In the beginning, if the Portuguese had worked the cell dump as it should have been who knows where that might have led the investigation.  It certainly was a missed opportunity which could well have spared many years of grief.

Snip
After carrying out a cell-dump of all mobile phone activity in the Praia da Luz area in the lead-up to Madeleine's disappearance and the days after, the Metropolitan Police were also able to identify all the telephone numbers we dialled, as well as the numbers that had dialled us during that period. As is the norm in such cases, details of all calls made and received were submitted as part of our statements.

The use of cell-dumps has helped police gain convictions in several high-profile murder cases in the past, and nowadays cell-dumps are almost as useful to the police as fingerprints or DNA. It was later reported by several UK newspapers that the cell-dump turned up a large number of telephone calls and texts in and around the Ocean Club between a group of men around the time of Madeleine's disappearance. Nothing ever came of it.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/uk/crucial-madeleine-mccann-case-questions-that-remain-unanswered-after-a-decade-35670997.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #306 on: July 22, 2021, 07:12:32 AM »
I haven't studied it. From what I recall (and I can't remember the source) it was reported that Amaral beat a confession out of someone, but there's probably another thread for that case.
You don’t need to “study” it.  The fact of the matter is that there was no “cast iron evidence” the suspects committed the crime, in fact there was no forensic evidence at all.  The trial lasted a day or two IIRC and they were both banged up largely if not solely due to the suspects’ confessions, one of which was withdrawn prior to trial, the one made by the suspect who was tortured by the police. I haven’t studied it but I believe those are the salient facts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Joana_Cipriano#Allegations_of_police_misconduct

So perhaps you’d like to give us your thoughts on that?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #307 on: July 22, 2021, 07:16:49 AM »

It took my female relative 12 years to discuss the sexual abuse she suffered.... and many more months before she could make a statement to the Police. What happened has left deep psychological trauma. There is no way I would criticise any victim of sexual abuse for speaking out - even if it's clear the alleged perpetrator is not going to face due legal process.

Perhaps you feel some kind of partisan loyalty to Clement Freud? In my opinion it's likely that he is every bit as repulsive and predatory as CB. Freud's wife accepted what he had done - but your "dislike"clearly appears to be aimed at the actions of his victims.
You previously questioned Kate McCann’s apparent fondness for this alleged  paedophile.  What point were you trying to make about her?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #308 on: July 22, 2021, 08:20:18 AM »
Well Brueckner's warning shot appears to have worked on Wolters. There have been no more interviews with the prosecutor recently. Quite right too, in my opinion. If there's one thing the UK police are good at it's saying just what they need to say to the media and no more.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #309 on: July 22, 2021, 08:26:24 AM »
Well Brueckner's warning shot appears to have worked on Wolters. There have been no more interviews with the prosecutor recently. Quite right too, in my opinion. If there's one thing the UK police are good at it's saying just what they need to say to the media and no more.
Interesting that you see it as Brückner being able  to control Wolters behaviour from his prison cell.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #310 on: July 22, 2021, 09:06:15 AM »
Interesting that you see it as Brückner being able  to control Wolters behaviour from his prison cell.

Wolters doesn't have to say anymore at the moment.

Wolters didn't expose Breuckner.  Amaral did that.  But what was Amaral thinking of?  He has made himself look like a right pillock.  Again.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #311 on: July 22, 2021, 09:15:41 AM »

I remember lots of complaints that SY should share their evidence... Wolters is keeping us informed.. Thats good

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #312 on: July 22, 2021, 09:47:09 AM »

Well something's shut him up after a year of talking to anyone who asked him to. Coincidence? Maybe.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #313 on: July 22, 2021, 09:50:02 AM »
I remember lots of complaints that SY should share their evidence... Wolters is keeping us informed.. Thats good

True.  People demanding to know what their Tax Payers Money was being spent on.

Offline jassi

« Reply #314 on: July 22, 2021, 09:55:15 AM »
Well something's shut him up after a year of talking to anyone who asked him to. Coincidence? Maybe.

Could be he's finally realised he has nothing useful to say that he hasn't already said.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future