Author Topic: Shrien Dewani loses High Court bid to stop extradition.  (Read 10641 times)

Offline Tim Invictus

Re: Shrien Dewani loses High Court bid to stop extradition.
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2014, 04:58:04 PM »
I am afraid the statement "I have passed a polygraph test which proves I am innocent." makes me feel that the felon should be immediately beaten to death with a shovel.

Likewise statements such as:  "I am an innocent man."  "27 psychologists have declared me sane." "My ex-girlfriend is a scorned woman."  "That is for you to prove."  "If the glove don't fit you must acquit."  "I did not have sexual relations with that woman."  "I must be innocent as I was out of my head on coke at the time."  "I could not do this crime because I was 40 miles doing another crime."  I find totally unconvincing along with the endless series of press interviews featuring weeping, bald-headed, heavily tattooed, serial step-step-step-dads calling for the return of the little girl who they lurv so much and cannot imagine who could have taken her.

I have no sympathy for Dewani and people like him.  They commit a hideous crime and then start whining about their human rights.  Anyone, even if innocent, would want resolution of the crime and the truth to come out and would do everything they could to help the police.  But in most cases their first thought is to leave the scene, fly home, plead human rights and hire Max Clifford.

Knox and Co are exactly the same.  Run off to Daddy, hire lawyers, write a book and start the publicity machine.  Everyone is focused on the DNA evidence and avoiding the heaps of bizarre circumstantial evidence against them, such as why the sudden passion for cleaning and buying bleach after the crime?
Quality post! Great tag line too!

Redblossom

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2014, 04:03:55 PM »
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2014-03-03/dewani-loses-latest-legal-battle-to-black-extradition/

I think thats it now, unless they take it to any higher court, ie echr

Offline John

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2014, 04:32:20 PM »
At last some common sense!   Hopefully he will be on a plane to South Africa within three weeks.

High Court judges reject latest stage of Shrien Dewani's bid to avoid extradition.

Honeymoon murder suspect Shrien Dewani has lost his latest legal battle to block extradition to South Africa.

Dewani, 33, from Bristol, has argued that he should not be forced from the UK to face trial over wife Anni’s death until he has recovered from mental health problems, including depression and post-traumatic stress disorder.

Dewani's lawyers claim his mental health has deteriorated.

A panel of judges, headed by Lord Chief Justice Lord Thomas, ruled in January that it would not be “unjust and oppressive” to extradite him if an undertaking was given by the South African government relating to how long he would be kept in the country without trial if his illness continues.

The South African authorities have now given the necessary assurances, but Dewani’s lawyers returned to London’s High Court today to challenge the undertaking before Lord Thomas, sitting with Mr Justice Ouseley and Mr Justice Blake.

They also asked for permission to take the case of the millionaire businessman, who is compulsorily detained in hospital under the Mental Health Act, to the Supreme Court, the UK’s highest court.

But the judges rejected complaints made about the adequacy of the undertaking and also refused to give the go-ahead for the case to go to the Supreme Court.

Dewani is accused of ordering the killing of 28-year-old Anni, who was shot as the couple travelled in a taxi on the outskirts of Cape Town in November 2010.

Earlier they were told Dewani's condition may have become chronic and “untreatable”.

Mark Summers, representing Dewani, told the High Court in London that there was now “fresh evidence” relating to his mental health.

The barrister said that one of the three issues before the court for consideration was the “possible implications” of that evidence.

He said it appeared to show, at least on its face, “that the underlying medical condition” may have become chronic, making it “untreatable”.

www.westerndailypress.co.uk/Breaking-news-Shrien-Dewani-face-justice/story-20744195-detail/story.html
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 04:35:59 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Lindyhop

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2014, 06:38:06 PM »
Great news! Must be the only person in the world receiving long term inpatient psychiatric care for PTSD.

Offline colombosstogey

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2014, 05:39:18 AM »
Great news! Must be the only person in the world receiving long term inpatient psychiatric care for PTSD.

and yet serving soldiers from Afghanastan are committing suicide because of PTSD and no care by our government but they allow this man to wallow in a psychiatric care facility trying to run away from justice. DISGUSTING.

IF he is innocent then he needs to shout it from the roof tops and go back and prove it.....IF he is innocent of course.

Offline Amanda3266

« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2014, 07:49:58 AM »
He looks bloody awful in the photos...and the mental health detention is compulsory not voluntary.

I really need to read up on this case as I just do not know what to think.

The video footage of him taking the package into the hotel computer room with the taxi driver and then emerging without it is very suspicious. If it was just payment for the taxi journeys then surely that could have been done in public couldn't it?

Lots puzzles me about this case.

From my reading here it seems most people think he is guilty....and I have to say there are a lot of suspicious factors.

Offline John

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2014, 02:47:45 AM »
You might not have picked up on this but there has been a lot going on in the background with the Dewani family.  They have an extensive care homes business and Shrien was a director up until shortly after the murder of Anni. He was fit enough to remove himself from the family business but apparently is unfit to plead?

Well worth a read...

Shrien Dewani has cash problems

also

Dewani 'conned game lodge'
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:00:13 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2014, 12:09:32 AM »
He looks bloody awful in the photos...and the mental health detention is compulsory not voluntary.

I really need to read up on this case as I just do not know what to think.

The video footage of him taking the package into the hotel computer room with the taxi driver and then emerging without it is very suspicious. If it was just payment for the taxi journeys then surely that could have been done in public couldn't it?

Lots puzzles me about this case.

From my reading here it seems most people think he is guilty....and I have to say there are a lot of suspicious factors.

That footage is very odd indeed.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2014, 10:20:46 PM »
If he had been penniless Joe Bloggs from nowhere his ass would have been in South Africa ages ago.   There are two tiers of justice in England, one for the haves and another for the have nots.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Lindyhop

« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:24:28 PM by Lindyhop »

Offline Mary55

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2014, 12:32:44 AM »
I have just became interested in this case after reading the Killed on her honeymoon book. I think the whole legal situation has damaged the UK's reputation, it surely cannot be right that it has taken over 3 years for a final decision to be made. I realise we need to have protections in place but a decision (either to extradite or to reject SA's request) should in my opinion have been made two years ago, no one has benefited from this being dragged out. i feel so badly for annis family.

I also wonder what will happen if SA misses the deadline because over 2 weeks have now passed and nothing seems to have happened.

Interesting case which I will be following.

Offline John

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2014, 03:18:23 AM »
I have just became interested in this case after reading the Killed on her honeymoon book. I think the whole legal situation has damaged the UK's reputation, it surely cannot be right that it has taken over 3 years for a final decision to be made. I realise we need to have protections in place but a decision (either to extradite or to reject SA's request) should in my opinion have been made two years ago, no one has benefited from this being dragged out. i feel so badly for annis family.

I also wonder what will happen if SA misses the deadline because over 2 weeks have now passed and nothing seems to have happened.

Interesting case which I will be following.

Absolutely Mary, the whole thing is a full blown fiasco.  Welcome to the forum by the way.