Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1501452 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #14670 on: November 09, 2022, 06:18:07 PM »
Catch up with who? You're  lot?

"Your lot". What does that mean?  But it is dreadful English.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14671 on: November 11, 2022, 07:19:17 AM »
Hahahahahahaha!  (&^&
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/11/10/alex-jones-ordered-to-pay-additional-473m-to-sandy-hook-familiesThe despicable piece of excrement still refuses to apologise to the victims’ families though.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 07:22:04 AM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Myster

« Reply #14672 on: November 11, 2022, 08:13:42 AM »
Corrected link... https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/11/10/alex-jones-ordered-to-pay-additional-473m-to-sandy-hook-families

I doubt they'll get paid, 'cause he doesn't have the money... unless some friendly, clueless multi-billionaire stumps up the cash.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14673 on: November 11, 2022, 08:26:43 AM »
Corrected link... https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/11/10/alex-jones-ordered-to-pay-additional-473m-to-sandy-hook-families

I doubt they'll get paid, 'cause he doesn't have the money... unless some friendly, clueless multi-billionaire stumps up the cash.
I don’t think the money’s the main issue tbh, as long as AJ is broke and broken that will be his comeuppance and serves as a warning to others spouting such harmful, hateful drivel. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #14674 on: November 11, 2022, 09:24:05 AM »
I don’t think the money’s the main issue tbh, as long as AJ is broke and broken that will be his comeuppance and serves as a warning to others spouting such harmful, hateful drivel.

I think the main issue is the denial of truth while playing to the appreciative target audience of fellow conspirators.

Successful legal action against these fantasists is long overdue.

Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones has said he now understands it was irresponsible of him to declare the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre a hoax and that he now believes it was “100 percent real”.

Jones made the admission a day after the parents of a six-year-old boy killed in the attack testified about the suffering, death threats and harassment they have endured because of what Jones has trumpeted on his media platforms.

“It was … especially since I’ve met the parents. It’s 100 percent real,” Jones testified at his trial to determine how much he owes for defaming the parents of a six-year-old who was among the 20 students and six educators killed in the 2012 attack at the school in Newtown, Connecticut.

The parents who sued Jones had said a day earlier that an apology would not be enough and that the Infowars host needed to be held accountable for repeatedly spreading falsehoods about the attack.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/8/3/conspiracist-alex-jones-admits-falsehood-of-school-shooting-claim
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14675 on: November 30, 2022, 07:37:48 AM »
Amazing story below.  things to note:  the abducted child’s parents never gave up hope and continued to celebrate her birthday in her absence for 50+ years (despite themselves being accused of covering up their daughter’s death), things which some on here and elsewhere have sneered at the McCanns for doing.  Question is, would you have told these parents that their hope was pointless and misplaced, that holding parties for her birthday was pathetic, that they should just accept their child was dead?  I’m guessing probably you would.

Parents find daughter 51 years after her abduction
David Charter, Washington
Wednesday November 30 2022, 12.01am, The Times
Melissa with her mother, Alta Apantenco, and father Jeffrie Highsmith
A family who never gave up searching for their daughter after she was abducted by a woman posing as a babysitter 51 years ago have been reunited with her.

The discovery was made after a genealogy website matched her father Jeffrie Highsmith’s DNA to that of three grandchildren he never knew he had.

They are the children of Melanie Brown, who agreed to meet Highsmith and his former partner, Alta Apantenco, after they contacted her with the evidence that she was in fact their long-lost daughter, Melissa Highsmith.

At first she did not believe that they were her parents but, after they mentioned a birthmark on her back, she agreed to take a DNA test. They had an emotional reunion last weekend in Fort Worth, Texas, and a formal police DNA test is under way to confirm the match identified by the 23andMe website.

According to her sisters, Brown now wants to be known as Melissa instead of Melanie and is planning to renew her wedding vows so she can be married under her birth name and have her father walk her down the aisle.

“We found Melissa!” the family posted on Facebook, bringing closure on five decades of heartache, guilt and malicious gossip that they had covered up the death or murder of their daughter.

“Though missing for decades, the family never forgot about Melissa,” they wrote, adding that they had “continued to throw birthday parties for her, including the most recent one in November. That same day, the family found a match in DNA results.”

Fort Worth police said they would investigate whether the woman who brought up Melissa as Melanie was involved in her kidnapping. The statute of limitations for charges has long passed.

Melissa’s mother was working as a waitress in 1971 and was desperate for childcare so she could keep the job she needed to pay her bills after separating from Melissa’s father. She placed an advertisement in a newspaper looking for a babysitter.

A woman who responded agreed to meet her at the restaurant where she worked but she never showed.

The woman called later, saying that she cared for other children. Melissa’s mother arranged for her to pick up her daughter from her shared apartment but the woman then disappeared.

Sharon Highsmith, another daughter of Apantenco, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: “She couldn’t risk getting fired. So, she trusted the person who said they’d care for her child.”
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 07:57:00 AM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #14676 on: November 30, 2022, 08:47:29 PM »
If only the PJ had searched the landfill nearest PDL this mystery may have been solved 15 years ago.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/11/29/quinton-simon-fbi-says-remains-found-in-landfill-belong-to-toddler-17846236/
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #14677 on: November 30, 2022, 09:30:43 PM »
Amazing story below.  things to note:  the abducted child’s parents never gave up hope and continued to celebrate her birthday in her absence for 50+ years (despite themselves being accused of covering up their daughter’s death), things which some on here and elsewhere have sneered at the McCanns for doing.  Question is, would you have told these parents that their hope was pointless and misplaced, that holding parties for her birthday was pathetic, that they should just accept their child was dead?  I’m guessing probably you would.

Parents find daughter 51 years after her abduction
David Charter, Washington
Wednesday November 30 2022, 12.01am, The Times
A family who never gave up searching for their daughter after she was abducted by a woman posing as a babysitter 51 years ago have been reunited with her.

The discovery was made after a genealogy website matched her father Jeffrie Highsmith’s DNA to that of three grandchildren he never knew he had.

They are the children of Melanie Brown, who agreed to meet Highsmith and his former partner, Alta Apantenco, after they contacted her with the evidence that she was in fact their long-lost daughter, Melissa Highsmith.

At first she did not believe that they were her parents but, after they mentioned a birthmark on her back, she agreed to take a DNA test. They had an emotional reunion last weekend in Fort Worth, Texas, and a formal police DNA test is under way to confirm the match identified by the 23andMe website.

According to her sisters, Brown now wants to be known as Melissa instead of Melanie and is planning to renew her wedding vows so she can be married under her birth name and have her father walk her down the aisle.

“We found Melissa!” the family posted on Facebook, bringing closure on five decades of heartache, guilt and malicious gossip that they had covered up the death or murder of their daughter.

“Though missing for decades, the family never forgot about Melissa,” they wrote, adding that they had “continued to throw birthday parties for her, including the most recent one in November. That same day, the family found a match in DNA results.”

Fort Worth police said they would investigate whether the woman who brought up Melissa as Melanie was involved in her kidnapping. The statute of limitations for charges has long passed.

Melissa’s mother was working as a waitress in 1971 and was desperate for childcare so she could keep the job she needed to pay her bills after separating from Melissa’s father. She placed an advertisement in a newspaper looking for a babysitter.

A woman who responded agreed to meet her at the restaurant where she worked but she never showed.

The woman called later, saying that she cared for other children. Melissa’s mother arranged for her to pick up her daughter from her shared apartment but the woman then disappeared.

Sharon Highsmith, another daughter of Apantenco, told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram: “She couldn’t risk getting fired. So, she trusted the person who said they’d care for her child.”

I wonder  *%6^

Did she refuse to cooperate with investigating officers like Kate McCann did while being interviewed?

That my dears is the BIG difference.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14678 on: November 30, 2022, 10:07:26 PM »
I wonder  *%6^

Did she refuse to cooperate with investigating officers like Kate McCann did while being interviewed?

That my dears is the BIG difference.
Don’t talk nonsense.  Gerry cooperated with investigating officers, does that mean there’s a big difference between him and Kate? 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #14679 on: November 30, 2022, 10:12:03 PM »
If only the PJ had searched the landfill nearest PDL this mystery may have been solved 15 years ago.

https://metro.co.uk/2022/11/29/quinton-simon-fbi-says-remains-found-in-landfill-belong-to-toddler-17846236/
How exactly?  Your theory if I recall correctly was that Gerry had to dispose of the body as far from Apartment 5a as possible so that when the body was found (which according to you he hoped it would be) the police wouldn’t point the finger at him or Kate  *%87

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #14680 on: December 01, 2022, 02:03:00 AM »

Child's body thrown in a dumpster?
Well I never, how extraordinary!
Always seemed like a logistical impossibility to me.
How did the bin men not notice?
No,this is fake news.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #14681 on: December 01, 2022, 06:57:58 AM »
Don’t talk nonsense.  Gerry cooperated with investigating officers, does that mean there’s a big difference between him and Kate?

Maybe he was more confident than Kate.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #14682 on: December 01, 2022, 10:12:03 AM »
Maybe he was more confident than Kate.

Perhaps he decided that no lawyer was going to tell him how to react to the police. Or perhaps it was only Kate who was advise not to answer their questions. Her lawyer did seem concerned about her reaction on 6th September.

At 5pm, we had a fifteen-minute break, which I
spent standing in the corridor outside the
interrogation room. Carlos came over and told me
not to be so definite in some of my answers. [madeleine]
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #14683 on: December 01, 2022, 10:30:11 AM »
Perhaps he decided that no lawyer was going to tell him how to react to the police. Or perhaps it was only Kate who was advise not to answer their questions. Her lawyer did seem concerned about her reaction on 6th September.

At 5pm, we had a fifteen-minute break, which I
spent standing in the corridor outside the
interrogation room. Carlos came over and told me
not to be so definite in some of my answers. [madeleine]

Perhaps if the investigation had concentrated in eliminating sex offenders such as Brueckner from the list, they might have been asking very different questions of very different people and saving the victims of the crime fifteen years of anguish.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #14684 on: December 01, 2022, 10:43:06 AM »
Perhaps if the investigation had concentrated in eliminating sex offenders such as Brueckner from the list, they might have been asking very different questions of very different people and saving the victims of the crime fifteen years of anguish.

Perhaps if the landfill closest to PDL had been searched then the taxpayers of multiple countries would not have been  asked to cough up millions of pounds and euros.

And perhaps if the parents had put their children’s welfare above the need for ‘adult time’…..well you know the rest.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?