Author Topic: Why did Mark lie claiming his father was living with friends in London?  (Read 27273 times)

Offline Daisy

Re: Why did Mark lie claiming his father was living with friends in London?
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2017, 09:46:19 AM »
Another way is to look at electricity usage at the family home.  The electric meters are all digital now so the electric supply company should have a record indicating when the power usage almost stopped. Same for gas usage if the house was connected to a gas supplier.

This is Mark’s response.
Just to be clear, there is no dispute that the house was empty between November 2009 and February 2010.  It is the period between September and November 2009 that is contested.  We believe that, out of the wider 6 month period, my father was alive for at least 6 weeks longer than the prosecution allowed for.
We had really hoped to find the kind of paper trail many of you have suggested following.  In practice, however, that has proved to be extremely difficult to uncover thus far because of my father’s clandestine behaviour – as explained in earlier posts.  He was quite meticulous in covering his tracks when he didn’t want people to know what he was doing or where he had been travelling.  All his diaries over the years contain mysteriously blank periods where nothing is recorded at all, sandwiched in between periods where he seems to record everything.
Chasing up the utility records is a really good idea, so I am looking into that now.  Thanks to whoever suggested it.  I will let you know what they come back with.  It was quite apparent that the house was empty when I visited in the New Year, and there was quite a lot of unopened mail – including unpaid utility bills and insurance renewal reminders – which I settled myself.
Looking at his Samuel Alexander account, apart from his direct debits (set up for his BT landline, mortgage payments, and investment funds), the last utility payment dad made after September 2009 was for electricity on 8th October – eight days before I last saw him alive

Offline John

« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2017, 05:36:38 PM »
If Sami was living in the family home at any time between September and November 2009 then his utility and internet accounts will reflect that fact.  I look forward to them being posted.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2017, 08:38:41 PM »
If Sami was living in the family home at any time between September and November 2009 then his utility and internet accounts will reflect that fact.  I look forward to them being posted.

Yes, that is what I mean John. There would have been reminders sent if he hadn't paid bills etc and letters behind the door for over 3 months? who paid for the initial underpinning work and who oversaw it and who/when was the decision for further work to be carried out- must be something on paper somewhere...
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Daisy

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2017, 08:48:35 PM »
Yes, that is what I mean John. There would have been reminders sent if he hadn't paid bills etc and letters behind the door for over 3 months? who paid for the initial underpinning work and who oversaw it and who/when was the decision for further work to be carried out- must be something on paper somewhere...

Most of Sami's bills were paid by direct debit so there would only have been a couple outstanding. Electricity, gas and water bills would have been sent 3 monthly if they weren't paid by direct debit. Also we all know when our insurances are due for renewal we are bombarded by quotes. I expect most of it went in the bin. As for building work I think he paid cash so there wouldn't have been invoices. I am sure Mark said he used casual labour so it was "cash in hand".

Offline John

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2017, 11:20:23 PM »
The itemised BT bill will be very interesting. 

Daisy, if your reference to 'building work' relates to the multiple layers of mortar which covered Sami's burnt remains then that is incorrect.  The claimed underpinning is not underpinning at all by any building standard, professional or botched.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 10:30:27 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2017, 10:13:05 PM »
The itemised BT bill will be very interesting. 

Daisy, if your reference to 'building work' relates to the multiple layers of mortar which covered Sami's burnt remains then that is incorrect.  The claimed underpinning is not underpinning at all by any building standard, professional or botched.

Any phone bill would be great. in fact any bill can be had by requesting, did the police not do this? if not why not.

where was his stash of cash  kept? someone must know surely. when did his DD's stop?

Offline John

« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2017, 10:38:51 PM »
Any phone bill would be great. in fact any bill can be had by requesting, did the police not do this? if not why not.

where was his stash of cash  kept? someone must know surely. when did his DD's stop?

It's all so logical isn't it?  I'm sure Daisy will do her best to seek these documents out because they should all be readily available from the utility companies.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2017, 08:27:08 AM »
It's all so logical isn't it?  I'm sure Daisy will do her best to seek these documents out because they should all be readily available from the utility companies.

I agree any bill would be useful and I have since asked Mark for the itemised phone bill. I don't really know how helpful it will be as won't show who made those calls.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2017, 04:18:24 PM »

I don't suppose the direct debits stopped until the police realised Sami was dead.  Interesting if they stopped before, of course-------.

Did Sami have a landline phone? Many people don't these days.

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2017, 05:56:52 PM »
I was just guessing he has a land line as he would have internet via router for his online dealinigs, I can't see any company investing in fibre cables for such a small area. but then what do I know about these thing's... &%+((£ 8**8:/: 8)-)))

It is also my guess that being a dodgy character, as he is being portrayed, he would have  a mobile phone or two? or  one phone and  a few pay-as-you-go cards. If he was all these different people. Now where are these phones and or cards and where is the nearest mast and were the  logs collected? Some people have been charged and arrested -found guilty by denying there were near a crime scene when their phone records says different... Just saying like...

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2017, 03:00:11 PM »
I agree any bill would be useful and I have since asked Mark for the itemised phone bill. I don't really know how helpful it will be as won't show who made those calls.

I think you are missing the point.  The phone bill will show if calls were made and since nobody was in the house to have made those calls except Sami then that alone will be good indicator of when he went missing.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2017, 04:10:02 PM »
I was just guessing he has a land line as he would have internet via router for his online dealinigs, I can't see any company investing in fibre cables for such a small area. but then what do I know about these thing's... &%+((£ 8**8:/: 8)-)))

It is also my guess that being a dodgy character, as he is being portrayed, he would have  a mobile phone or two? or  one phone and  a few pay-as-you-go cards. If he was all these different people. Now where are these phones and or cards and where is the nearest mast and were the  logs collected? Some people have been charged and arrested -found guilty by denying there were near a crime scene when their phone records says different... Just saying like...

Another good point MTI.  The local transponder will have been pinged by Sami's mobile phone(s) up until it was switched off or the battery died.  The history of those pings will tell its own story.  Add to that the BT record and a picture will form.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2017, 09:28:41 PM »
I think you are missing the point.  The phone bill will show if calls were made and since nobody was in the house to have made those calls except Sami then that alone will be good indicator of when he went missing.

Mark may have made calls from the landline when he came home on occasions. Believe me I want to know the truth. I have much more to post and I hope in time we will all have a clearer picture. I wonder if the police bothered to find out about Sami's movements and felt it was easier and less time consuming to build a case around Mark.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2017, 07:15:02 AM »

I am assuming these phonecalls are on record of Sammy's phone and receipts for the purchases are readily available to Mark's defence team? just to collaborate Mark's story if nothing else.

What phone calls? I haven’t mentioned any. However Mark has requested the itemised phone bill from the CPS but they refused to disclose it. By refusing they are making it very difficult for Mark to prove his innocence. Why would anyone behave in this way?

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2017, 01:55:45 PM »
What phone calls? I haven’t mentioned any. However Mark has requested the itemised phone bill from the CPS but they refused to disclose it. By refusing they are making it very difficult for Mark to prove his innocence. Why would anyone behave in this way?

My apologies Daisy. I just assumed Sammy used the phone to talk to contractors etc. So we can establish he never used a  mobile phone to make or receive calls. and all business was conducted face to face.

Remarkable that the lawyers can't access this material as CPS must by law provide the evidence they have to defence team for argument...

ofcourse any receipts etc can be released to the next of kin who would be?