Author Topic: Trans Rights and the Labour Party  (Read 10219 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Trans Rights and the Labour Party
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2020, 10:40:20 PM »
So what- so nothing wrong with it in my opinion.
So why would he refuse to use a gender neutral toilet?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2020, 10:45:05 PM »
Ok no problem Faith.  I disagree the toilet is there for public use and is designed with disabled persons access. If the toilet is empty and I need to go- I go.
And if you need to park and there’s nowhere else but the disabled space do you use that too?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2020, 11:14:09 PM »
Ok no problem Faith.  I disagree the toilet is there for public use and is designed with disabled persons access. If the toilet is empty and I need to go- I go.

No the toilet is for the sole use of disabled people....that’s why some have a special key. You can use any public toilet...disabled people, unfortunately don’t have that luxury.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2020, 02:41:06 PM »
No the toilet is for the sole use of disabled people....that’s why some have a special key. You can use any public toilet...disabled people, unfortunately don’t have that luxury.

We are both right and wrong! depending on where you are. If you have ladies and gents facilities and a separate one with a key for disabled then no problem. But sometimes there are toilets which have disabled access-which can be used by the public.

"So why would he refuse to use a gender neutral toilet? "

I am not getting into a discussion about the mind set of a trans person- He feels uncomfortable is what he says.

At a university I have been told the gender neutral toilet has cubical AND urinal!  Ew.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2020, 04:28:14 PM »
We are both right and wrong! depending on where you are. If you have ladies and gents facilities and a separate one with a key for disabled then no problem. But sometimes there are toilets which have disabled access-which can be used by the public.

"So why would he refuse to use a gender neutral toilet? "

I am not getting into a discussion about the mind set of a trans person- He feels uncomfortable is what he says.

At a university I have been told the gender neutral toilet has cubical AND urinal!  Ew.

No MTI with the greatest respect its you thats wrong. If the toilets door has a disabled sign on it then it’s for disabled people only.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2020, 04:50:24 PM »
No MTI with the greatest respect its you thats wrong. If the toilets door has a disabled sign on it then it’s for disabled people only.

It is down to good manners and etiquette to be honest. There is no Law Against using access toilets. There are many places which have one or two toilets and both have disabled access for use by ALL clients/visitors. My dentist is one of them!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2020, 05:09:25 PM »
It is down to good manners and etiquette to be honest. There is no Law Against using access toilets. There are many places which have one or two toilets and both have disabled access for use by ALL clients/visitors. My dentist is one of them!

In private property there are often unisex toilets used by both men, woman, transgender and disabled people but that’s not what we are talking about here.

It isn’t against the law for men to use public toilets meant for women. Are you okay with that as well ?

« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2020, 05:21:17 PM »
In private property there are often unisex toilets used by both men, woman, transgender and disabled people but that’s not what we are talking about here.

It isn’t against the law for men to use public toilets meant for women. Are you okay with that as well ?

I never said it was OK did I?  I mentioned etiquette/manners. I would have an issue if men and trans were using female toilets- I would feel unsafe.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2020, 05:27:55 PM »
I never said it was OK did I?  I mentioned etiquette/manners. I would have an issue if men and trans were using female toilets- I would feel unsafe.

Like this lady ?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/30/by-using-the-disabled-toilet-youre-putting-me-at-risk-9327740/

Isn’t it hypocritical for you to feel free to use a toilet designated for disabled people because it isn’t against the law but have an issue with men using woman’s toilets, even though it’s legal too ?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 05:48:03 PM by Faithlilly »

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2020, 06:01:13 PM »
Like this lady ?

https://metro.co.uk/2019/04/30/by-using-the-disabled-toilet-youre-putting-me-at-risk-9327740/

Isn’t it hypocritical for you to feel free to use a toilet designated for disabled people because it isn’t against the law but have an issue with men using woman’s toilets, even though it’s legal too ?

Yes  all nice and good but she doesn't make the point very well. That there is a difference. The blatant one is if she went into an accessible toilet and  a male jumped in beside her that would be uncomfortable?  Yes? No?

Since female toilets are usually more than one booth  in many places- it could be uncomfortable for her I am  sure if a male could share that space.  Three booths one woman and four males all waiting to use the toilet in the female designated area?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2020, 07:21:33 PM »
Yes  all nice and good but she doesn't make the point very well. That there is a difference. The blatant one is if she went into an accessible toilet and  a male jumped in beside her that would be uncomfortable?  Yes? No?

Since female toilets are usually more than one booth  in many places- it could be uncomfortable for her I am  sure if a male could share that space.  Three booths one woman and four males all waiting to use the toilet in the female designated area?

I think she makes the point very well. Not sure the point you are trying to make.

You use the disabled toilet because it’s not against the law but does cause distress for disabled people. Men can use female toilets because it’s not against the law but would cause you distress. Both toilet cubicles can be used in privacy.

Can you see the hypocrisy?

« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2020, 07:54:15 PM »
I think she makes the point very well. Not sure the point you are trying to make.

You use the disabled toilet because it’s not against the law but does cause distress for disabled people. Men can use female toilets because it’s not against the law but would cause you distress. Both toilet cubicles can be used in privacy.

Can you see the hypocrisy?

No, There is no hypocrisy Faith.

I never said I use the toilets because they is no legal requirement for people not to use the toilet.

I made it clear enough. I will use a toilet if I need to go as  it is a public convenience and has been adapted for people with disabilities.  I am not going to push people in wheelchairs out of the way or skip a queue !

The legal argument is a moot point as I explained. Disabled toilet is one cubical it can be used  by male or female. 
Not at the same time!
Male and female toilets are different for a very good reason.  Safety and comfort. I would not feel comfortable being the only female in a toilet queue with four males also in that queue. For the same reason I wouldn't go into a gents toilet!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2020, 10:48:11 PM »

No, There is no hypocrisy Faith.

I never said I use the toilets because they is no legal requirement for people not to use the toilet.

I made it clear enough. I will use a toilet if I need to go as  it is a public convenience and has been adapted for people with disabilities.  I am not going to push people in wheelchairs out of the way or skip a queue !

The legal argument is a moot point as I explained. Disabled toilet is one cubical it can be used  by male or female. 
Not at the same time!
Male and female toilets are different for a very good reason.  Safety and comfort. I would not feel comfortable being the only female in a toilet queue with four males also in that queue. For the same reason I wouldn't go into a gents toilet!

You may not push a wheelchair user out of the way to get into the loo but you will force those same people, who are often desperate as disabled toilets are few and far between, to sit outside and wait for you. When you have the choice of multiple toilets to use why would you force those with the choice of only one to wait for you ? Surely you can see how selfish that is ? The Radar Key scheme was developed precisely to stop people like you misusing toilets not meant for them.

Would you park in a disabled parking space ?

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2020, 07:04:39 PM »
You may not push a wheelchair user out of the way to get into the loo but you will force those same people, who are often desperate as disabled toilets are few and far between, to sit outside and wait for you. When you have the choice of multiple toilets to use why would you force those with the choice of only one to wait for you ? Surely you can see how selfish that is ? The Radar Key scheme was developed precisely to stop people like you misusing toilets not meant for them.

Would you park in a disabled parking space ?

"but you will force those same people, who are often desperate as disabled toilets are few and far between, to sit outside and wait for you."

Really Faith, is that your best low shot?  I have never forced disabled person to wait for access toilet, bit of a slur there.   it is different if other disabled people force other disabled people to wait?

" When you have the choice of multiple toilets to use why would you force those with the choice of only one to wait for you "?

Why indeed would I, you tell me, you are in the know here.

I claimed: IF THERE IS ONLY ONE TOILET AND IT IS AN ACCESS TOILET AND I NEED THE LOO I WILL USE IT. read back I make this very clear.  I added my dentist only have an access toilet- I use it if I have to.

Surely you can see how selfish that is ?
Yes it is very selfish if there are multiple cubicles and someone uses the disabled cubicle!

"Would you park in a disabled parking space ? "

Yes!  when taking my disabled family members shopping. However,even though I am entitled to use their badge, I always help them  out and in the shop then I move my car.

I park again to enable them to get back into the car. So I don't hog the space.- even though I can.

So now you will be asking do I eat children and poison cats and dogs?  8**8:/:

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2020, 07:21:58 PM »
"but you will force those same people, who are often desperate as disabled toilets are few and far between, to sit outside and wait for you."

Really Faith, is that your best low shot?  I have never forced disabled person to wait for access toilet, bit of a slur there.   it is different if other disabled people force other disabled people to wait?

" When you have the choice of multiple toilets to use why would you force those with the choice of only one to wait for you "?

Why indeed would I, you tell me, you are in the know here.

I claimed: IF THERE IS ONLY ONE TOILET AND IT IS AN ACCESS TOILET AND I NEED THE LOO I WILL USE IT. read back I make this very clear.  I added my dentist only have an access toilet- I use it if I have to.

Surely you can see how selfish that is ?
Yes it is very selfish if there are multiple cubicles and someone uses the disabled cubicle!

"Would you park in a disabled parking space ? "

Yes!  when taking my disabled family members shopping. However,even though I am entitled to use their badge, I always help them  out and in the shop then I move my car.

I park again to enable them to get back into the car. So I don't hog the space.- even though I can.

So now you will be asking do I eat children and poison cats and dogs?  8**8:/:

Sorry but if you’re in the toilet with the door closed how can you tell who is waiting outside ?

If there is only one toilet it is meant for the use of everyone. If there are disabled and non disabled toilets then the disabled toilets are for disabled people, not you. How clearer does that have to be ?

Okay so as I understand it you wouldn’t use a disabled space if you didn’t have a disabled member of your family with you. Why not ? What’s the difference between a disabled parking space and a disabled toilet ? It’s not against the law for non disabled people to use either.