Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240601 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #795 on: February 19, 2019, 11:00:49 AM »
At the moment they are a protest group. We know what they don't like but not what they want. I don't see where a protest group fit into our system of party politics. Perhaps our MP's will split and form snaller groups like these because in respect of Brexit party politics hasn't managed to reach a concensus. If that happens then our voting system also needs to change to reflect the diversity of views.
It has already been tried in the voting systems incumbent with the introduction of devolution.  I doubt very much if the advent of the magnificent seven has as much to do with Corbyn's demonstrable brexit ineptitude as it does with his cohort's take over.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #796 on: February 19, 2019, 11:03:31 AM »
It seems to me they are protesting because corbyn is unelectable.... Once he's gone and the party moves towards the centre the party will be reunited
Maybe the signed 'loyalty pledge' (did you ever!) was a bridge too far.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #797 on: February 19, 2019, 12:57:00 PM »
It seems to me they are protesting because corbyn is unelectable.... Once he's gone and the party moves towards the centre the party will be reunited

Two days ago Labour were level with the Conservatives in the opinion polls.
 https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/support-for-labour-and-tories-neck-and-neck-new-poll-suggests-a4068871.html

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #798 on: February 19, 2019, 02:23:30 PM »
Two days ago Labour were level with the Conservatives in the opinion polls.
 https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/support-for-labour-and-tories-neck-and-neck-new-poll-suggests-a4068871.html

Given the current situation into which Her Majesty's Government have steered the country on their watch any Loyal Opposition worthy of it's salt ... in my opinion ... could have been expected to have been streets ahead in opinion polls (for what they are worth).

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #799 on: February 19, 2019, 02:48:06 PM »
Given the current situation into which Her Majesty's Government have steered the country on their watch any Loyal Opposition worthy of it's salt ... in my opinion ... could have been expected to have been streets ahead in opinion polls (for what they are worth).

Just goes to show how poor Jeremy Corbyn's rating is around the country when he couldn't even take advantage of the Tory chaos.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #800 on: February 19, 2019, 10:29:12 PM »
Quite, slagging people off behind a screen is jolly unpleasant behaviour isn’t it Miss Taken?

I said so didn't I?

Caranna was asking me about someone elses ideas/theory  . Why not get it from the horses mouth?

Nothing wrong with asking questions- it is better if you have access to that person/s  to ask directly. Or use the media they use to challenge them in the even they are untouchable... ^*&&
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

« Reply #801 on: February 19, 2019, 10:30:20 PM »
There's nothing to support. No Party, no leader, no policies. The gang of four at least put those things in place. People had heard of them too.

W

« Reply #802 on: February 19, 2019, 10:32:58 PM »
There's nothing to support. No Party, no leader, no policies. The gang of four at least put those things in place. People had heard of them too.

One has to wonder why now?  if they were so affected by the anti Semitism why not leave when it was a huge thing?

I never got to read about those claims. Is not agreeing with Israeli land grabbing policy an anti Semite badge now? is that the same as racism?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #803 on: February 20, 2019, 07:23:02 AM »

One has to wonder why now?  if they were so affected by the anti Semitism why not leave when it was a huge thing?

I never got to read about those claims. Is not agreeing with Israeli land grabbing policy an anti Semite badge now? is that the same as racism?

As I understand it there are Jews and there are Zionist Jews. A lot of people equate anti-Zionism with anti-Semetism, but they're not the same thing. I think the Zionists are the ones in favout of land-grabbing.

I don't see what these MP's are thinking, but at least two of them have nothing to lose, having had votes of no confidence passed against them by their constituences.

What people need to remember is that Labour is a left-wing party. It was dragged to the right by Blair and Brown in order to get elected. The Conservatives have been very right-wing imo with theit attacks on public expenditure and it's that which made people turn to a left-wing alternative.

Corbyn's policies are very different to those of 'New Labour' which these MP's preferred.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #804 on: February 20, 2019, 07:28:42 AM »
As I understand it there are Jews and there are Zionist Jews. A lot of people equate anti-Zionism with anti-Semetism, but they're not the same thing. I think the Zionists are the ones in favout of land-grabbing.

I don't see what these MP's are thinking, but at least two of them have nothing to lose, having had votes of no confidence passed against them by their constituences.

What people need to remember is that Labour is a left-wing party. It was dragged to the right by Blair and Brown in order to get elected. The Conservatives have been very right-wing imo with theit attacks on public expenditure and it's that which made people turn to a left-wing alternative.

Corbyn's policies are very different to those of 'New Labour' which these MP's preferred.
There are just Jews.  Zionist is a term of abuse used by Anti- semites who object to the existence of the state of Israel.  IMO. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #805 on: February 20, 2019, 09:01:46 AM »
There are just Jews.  Zionist is a term of abuse used by Anti- semites who object to the existence of the state of Israel.  IMO.

Historically that isn't so, unless you think the United Nations were anti-semetic.

n 1975, the United Nations General Assembly passed Resolution 3379, which designated Zionism as "a form of racism and racial discrimination". The resolution was repealed in 1991
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionism
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #806 on: February 20, 2019, 06:12:51 PM »
Historically that isn't so, unless you think the United Nations were anti-semetic.

n 1975, the United Nations General Assembly passed Resolution 3379, which designated Zionism as "a form of racism and racial discrimination". The resolution was repealed in 1991
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zionism
What is your quote supposed to prove?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #807 on: February 20, 2019, 06:26:31 PM »

New Labour performed the magic trick of being capable of forming majority governments.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #808 on: February 20, 2019, 06:34:34 PM »
The latest YOUGOV poll puts voter intention at 38 Conservatives 26 Labour.  Jeremy is doing a marvellous job isn’t he?!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #809 on: February 20, 2019, 06:58:05 PM »
What is your quote supposed to prove?

That Zionism is not the same as Jewishness.
Result = happy posting.