Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 406686 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #5205 on: August 14, 2022, 02:32:32 PM »
From what I gathered, Rebelo didn't know what was going on, due to the mess left behind by Amaral when he was sacked.

So not quite the same thing.

Ah yes, the notorious newspaper headline from ‘reports’.

Yet by October Rebelo had approached Amaral and was swapping notes.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-490855/Now-Madeleine-police-turn-disgraced-detective-help.html

Ah well you pays your money….!
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Online Eleanor

« Reply #5206 on: August 14, 2022, 02:35:45 PM »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-490855/Now-Madeleine-police-turn-disgraced-detective-help.html

I expect he needed help.  Who else could explain Amaral's bizarre filing system?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5207 on: August 14, 2022, 02:57:35 PM »
So it was OK that he didn't believe the abduction story?
It’s OK by me, he can believe the McCanns are lizard people for all I care, just so long as he doesn’t go out of his way to spread defamatory stories about them for money nor stitch them up with false evidence.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5208 on: August 14, 2022, 02:58:12 PM »
I think the TV station could have clarified the matter by producing these statements. Perhaps they couldn't?
Perhaps not.  And?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5209 on: August 14, 2022, 03:00:46 PM »

By your own criteria we must sneer at unnamed police sources who in any case reveal nothing so much as

: "At the moment all the evidence that was collected by the original investigation team is being re-evaluated."

No ca-ca Kojak!  The rest is made up remember?  It’s the Daily Mail and we must not believe a word they write about anything ever.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5210 on: August 14, 2022, 03:02:56 PM »
I believe his wife admitted to the murder of her own daughter to save her brothers skin. In the end both she and the brother were convicted of murder and she had perjury added to the tally as well. Lying bitch!
In my opinion there is only one "Lying Bitch!" throughout this sordid saga and he is the one who got off very lightly for the inhumane treatment meted out to the prisoner who was in his charge for two days and who was tortured for two days to her extreme injury.

Leonor Cipriano was tortured not only on Amaral's watch but while he was present in the building having supplied two instruments of torture masquerading as glass ashtrays.. 

Leonor Cipriano's Account
Meanwhile, and in the absence of any evidence, the five officers involved became aggressive, shouted and unsuccessfully tried to convince her to confess, after which the torture began.

Two glass ashtrays were placed on the floor, and Leonor was forced to kneel on them, without being allowed to get up until she confessed.
She showed Correia the scars on her knees, still visible four years later.

She was then sat on a chair with a green plastic shopping bag over her head, and officers started striking her on the head with a cardboard tube, causing her haemorrhages resulting in blood descending to her eyes, and her hands were struck when she tried to take the bag off her head.

She was told that she would not get out of there until she confessed, and was made to stand, sometimes with the bag on her head and sometimes without it, and punched and kicked on the side of her ribs, repeatedly.

The torture lasted for two days, after which she signed a confession, and she was then returned to prison, where her serious conditions led to her being taken to Odemira health centre.

She was told by judicial police officers to tell the doctor that she had thrown herself down a flight of stairs in the Faro judicial police headquarters in a suicide attempt, threatening that if she spoke of any aggression, she would be interrogated again and would not survive.

Cipriano said she did as they demanded in their presence, but told the prison officers and director of the prison what had happened once they left.

The director ordered photographs to be taken of her, and for a legal-medical report to be drawn up as a result of her poor conditions.

The Prison Director's Account
Correia then spoke to Odemira prison director Ana Maria Calado, who confirmed Leonor Cipriano's account, noting how shocked she was about her conditions, with black marks, haematomae and bruising in her face, mainly around her eyes, her head and ribs, mainly on her sides.

She assured that the physical marks clearly indicated a violent aggression and not a fall down some stairs, something the legal-medical report also confirmed.

She noted that Cipriano's conditions worsened a week after she was tortured, as the blood that had gathered at the height of her brows was so much that it ended up falling over her eyes, leaving her practically blind for almost a month, and the director regrets not having ordered photographs of this period to be taken.

Calado expressed her surprise for a number of facts:
a) that the judicial police did not take Cipriano to a health centre in Faro to certify that she had fallen down some stairs;
b) that the day of her interrogation was chosen during Calado's week of holidays, when she would never have allowed her to be picked up at 6 a.m. without a formal request by the judicial police; and
c) that judicial police officers who arrived from Lisbon to investigate the allegations of torture proposed sharing the blame between the judicial police and prison, something she refused.

https://www.statewatch.org/news/2008/may/portugal-report-on-torture-suffered-by-leonor-cipriano/
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5211 on: August 14, 2022, 03:07:27 PM »
I thought it was rather funny.

I just find it tedious.

Opinionated pronouncements are made repetitiously lacking nothing but supporting evidence.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5212 on: August 14, 2022, 03:08:16 PM »
I think that would go more for Wolters ...and his so called concrete evidence

IMO I think Goncalo Amaral came to a sensible conclusion at that time in the investigation. As he has said numerous times, the investigation was not allowed to run it's course and test certain theories to the end. His hypothesis may have changed had other information come to light.

How is that so hard to understand?  I think he was close with his theory and allowed to carry on his investigation unhindered, would have uncovered more detail of what happened.

As I've said..amaral was deluded ....fact not opinion..no more to say

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #5213 on: August 14, 2022, 03:10:47 PM »
As I've said..amaral was deluded ....fact not opinion..no more to say

and how's the case against Brueckner going?
Has Wolters revealed the concrete evidence yet?
Does he even have any?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5214 on: August 14, 2022, 03:24:20 PM »
From what I gathered, Rebelo didn't know what was going on, due to the mess left behind by Amaral when he was sacked.

So not quite the same thing.

Don't you just love the way sceptics have to rewrite history to make their points.  Rebelo was faced with a monumental mess on takeover from Amaral; it is only thanks to him that they have had files to play with over the years as he had to waste resources digitising and trying to make sense of loose paperwork lying about all over the place!

Madeleine: New police chief's fury over the mess he inherited from his predecessor
By IAN GALLAGHER

Last updated at 22 October 2007

Paulo Rebelo, the new police chief leading the Madeleine McCann investigation, is furious at how it was left in disarray by his predecessor.

According to reports, officers have spent the past fortnight processing information left lying around on scraps of paper and following leads ignored by police working under Chief Inspector Goncalo Amaral.
------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, a police source quoted in a Portuguese newspaper said: "There was important material lying all over the place that hadn't been considered by investigators.

"A lot of key information was discarded. The whole process is being reviewed. Putting all the papers in order has been a massive task."

Officers have been working round-the-clock to log on to a computer all information relating to the disappearance of four-year-old Madeleine from the holiday complex in May.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-488802/Madeleine-New-police-chiefs-fury-mess-inherited-predecessor.html

Offline Rossb

« Reply #5215 on: August 14, 2022, 03:24:59 PM »
and how's the case against Brueckner going?
Has Wolters revealed the concrete evidence yet?
Does he even have any?

Reveal the first so called investigation first before anyone else mate.

Offline John

« Reply #5216 on: August 14, 2022, 03:39:29 PM »
I think that would go more for Wolters ...and his so called concrete evidence

IMO I think Goncalo Amaral came to a sensible conclusion at that time in the investigation. As he has said numerous times, the investigation was not allowed to run it's course and test certain theories to the end. His hypothesis may have changed had other information come to light.

How is that so hard to understand?  I think he was close with his theory and allowed to carry on his investigation unhindered, would have uncovered more detail of what happened.

I agree with you, Amaral being removed from the investigation for speaking out against the British police was politically engineered. This should not have happened imho.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #5217 on: August 14, 2022, 03:41:00 PM »
Don't you just love the way sceptics have to rewrite history to make their points.  Rebelo was faced with a monumental mess on takeover from Amaral; it is only thanks to him that they have had files to play with over the years as he had to waste resources digitising and trying to make sense of loose paperwork lying about all over the place!

Madeleine: New police chief's fury over the mess he inherited from his predecessor
By IAN GALLAGHER

Last updated at 22 October 2007

Paulo Rebelo, the new police chief leading the Madeleine McCann investigation, is furious at how it was left in disarray by his predecessor.

According to reports, officers have spent the past fortnight processing information left lying around on scraps of paper and following leads ignored by police working under Chief Inspector Goncalo Amaral.
------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, a police source quoted in a Portuguese newspaper said: "There was important material lying all over the place that hadn't been considered by investigators.

"A lot of key information was discarded. The whole process is being reviewed. Putting all the papers in order has been a massive task."

Officers have been working round-the-clock to log on to a computer all information relating to the disappearance of four-year-old Madeleine from the holiday complex in May.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-488802/Madeleine-New-police-chiefs-fury-mess-inherited-predecessor.html

Perhaps it would be beneficial for you to read what has already been posted Brietta then there’d be no possibility of you duplicating it?

Just a suggestion.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5218 on: August 14, 2022, 03:47:33 PM »
Rebelo certainly took off back to Portugal at a rate of knots and half way through The Rogatories.  Rebelo thought he had put a stop to The Leaks, but apparently not.

What mystifies me is the inability to differentiate between the Amaral theses fiascos and the Rebelo police investigation.

Of course Rebelo was going to investigate the parents and those closest to Madeleine in the first instance.  That's what good cops do for elimination purposes.

He brought accredited Portuguese experts with him to check again all the initial processes.

It is the naivety of the thinking that there was a seamless takeover from one administration to the other.  There wasn't.
We've seen Rebelo with his team checking the evidence and detectives climbing through Madeleine's bedroom window exiting carrying a bundle.

I think the leaks - in particular the one Rebelo had to return to Portugal to address - shows there was some sort of turf war going on which didn't care what collateral damage it was doing to investigate Madeleine's abduction.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #5219 on: August 14, 2022, 03:50:49 PM »
Who said Rebelo didn't believe the Abduction Story?

Gunit ?

Maybe she might consider supplying a cite for that because I've certainly never seen one!