Author Topic: Irish teen Nóra Quoirin (15) disappears while on holiday in Malaysia.  (Read 60497 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Irish teen Nóra Quoirin (15) disappears while on holiday in Malaysia.
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2019, 01:19:15 PM »
4 days wasn't it? Sounds about right.
No, not 4 days.  Her body was found 10 days after going missing, and had not been in situ very long.  You do the math.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #181 on: December 18, 2019, 01:25:08 PM »
No, not 4 days.  Her body was found 10 days after going missing, and had not been in situ very long.  You do the math.
7 days? 8? And the post mortem is now accurate? Or just this part was measured correctly? As I said, I know nothing.
She's done very well to get to 8 / 9 days, unless she stumbled across some semblance of uninhabited infrastructure at some point.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 01:28:42 PM by Eleanor »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #182 on: December 18, 2019, 01:56:15 PM »
7 days? 8? And the post mortem is now accurate? Or just this part was measured correctly? As I said, I know nothing.
She's done very well to get to 8 / 9 days, unless she stumbled across some semblance of uninhabited infrastructure at some point.
I believe the place where her body was found had been searched the day before and her body was not there then.  So maybe as many as 9 days yes.  A very long time for a “severely mentally handicapped “ child with co-ordination problems to survive in the jungle alone, virtually naked and barefoot.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #183 on: December 18, 2019, 02:00:12 PM »
I believe the place where her body was found had been searched the day before and her body was not there then.  So maybe as many as 9 days yes.  A very long time for a “severely mentally handicapped “ child with co-ordination problems to survive in the jungle alone, virtually naked and barefoot.
Seemingly, yes. As I say, don't know any facts about the resort, proximity to infrastructure, habitation, jungle trails - don't know.
But as I stated earlier, she would succumb in days rather than weeks, but probably not of thirst.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2019, 02:21:29 PM »
Seemingly, yes. As I say, don't know any facts about the resort, proximity to infrastructure, habitation, jungle trails - don't know.
But as I stated earlier, she would succumb in days rather than weeks, but probably not of thirst.
Despite some people's certainty that the child was not a victim of anything other than "parental neglect", I would say that the matter is far from settled.  Perhaps the post mortem will give closure, or perhaps it will trigger more heartache for the parents as they try and get the Malaysian authorities to re-open the investigation. 

Offline jassi

« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2019, 02:28:07 PM »
She may well be victim to more than parental neglect, but  evidence of that has yet to be demonstrated.  IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2019, 02:37:12 PM »
She may well be victim to more than parental neglect, but  evidence of that has yet to be demonstrated.  IMO
The fact that you go along with the "parental neglect" angle is beyond belief imo, though I don't know why I should be surprised really.  Did you used to watch over your kids all night long to make sure they didn't come to mischief?  If not, why not?  They could have climbed out of the window and plummeted to their deaths, or fallen down the stairs to their deaths, or gone into the kitchen and stabbed themselves to death with a knife.  Or stuck their fingers into a plug socket and fried themselves to death.  Or wrapped a dressing gown cord around their necks and hanged themselves. 

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #187 on: December 19, 2019, 10:18:02 PM »
Things can be missed in searches the first time like that body. If there was any evidence of foul play then you should know about it. They did a post mortem.

Indeed. The news coming out was; they could not have missed seeing Nora as the place was almost inaccessible.

I think someone is making the claim that someone passed by that area while searching at an earlier time and Nora wasn't there. This could be very misleading.

I find the situation to be very strange, I am very inclined to believe Nora did wander off. I don't think the parents were neglectful, but they may have underestimated her abilities somewhat.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline barrier

« Reply #188 on: January 05, 2020, 09:22:07 PM »
The family are suing the resort,also it says another PM was done and results are awaited.

Nóra Quoirin’s parents file civil claim against Malaysian resort

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/n%C3%B3ra-quoirin-s-parents-file-civil-claim-against-malaysian-resort-1.4130836

The Quoirins are also still awaiting the results of a second postmortem, carried out in London.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #189 on: January 05, 2020, 09:25:47 PM »
The family are suing the resort,also it says another PM was done and results are awaited.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/n%C3%B3ra-quoirin-s-parents-file-civil-claim-against-malaysian-resort-1.4130836

The Quoirins are also still awaiting the results of a second postmortem, carried out in London.

Cue the... This is all about money posts.... It's nothing to do with money.. Imo

Offline barrier

« Reply #190 on: January 05, 2020, 09:29:19 PM »
Cue the... This is all about money posts.... It's nothing to do with money.. Imo

Strange your thought process immediately goes to it.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #191 on: January 05, 2020, 09:32:59 PM »
Strange your thought process immediately goes to it.

As I said... I can predict what some will post.. At first glance it looks that way but I'm sure it isn't.  It's about getting people in court and forcing them to answer questions...

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2020, 08:18:58 AM »

I think it's reasonable to expect locking windows, but guards, CCTV and 'safety features'? In my opinion clients could only expect those if it was common or the law required holiday compounds to have them.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #193 on: January 06, 2020, 09:51:13 AM »
I think it's reasonable to expect locking windows, but guards, CCTV and 'safety features'? In my opinion clients could only expect those if it was common or the law required holiday compounds to have them.

The court will decide what's reasonable based on the circumstances

Offline barrier

« Reply #194 on: January 06, 2020, 10:11:34 AM »
The court will decide what's reasonable based on the circumstances

Or maybe they won't.A file has been submitted,thats it at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 10:13:35 AM by barrier »