Poll

If Offered A Covid Vaccine Today Would You Accept?

Yes
9 (60%)
No
4 (26.7%)
Don't Know
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Fast-tracking a vaccine  (Read 16474 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Fast-tracking a vaccine
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2021, 02:22:20 AM »
You’re very fortunate.  My parents who are in their mid 80s both with certain health issues have not had theirs yet nor been given any indication at all of when they are likely to get it.

A phonecall on Saturday offering an appointment on Monday. That struck me as having slots to fill. I expect different areas are working to different timescales too. I seem to be attending a designated centre which has been created. Also healthcare in our area is very well organised and doesn't seem to be under great pressure. I've attended two hospital appointments recently which weren't vitally urgent.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2021, 08:57:10 AM »
Despite being in my mid-seventies with no health problems I am getting my first Covid injection on Monday. I'm happy to take it so that I don't end up occupying a hospital bed.

Good for you G. 8((()*/
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2021, 10:38:56 AM »

I'm refusing the vaccine.

I'm not going to risk being stuck in the arm with a host of chemicals which could potentially kill me.

See you later all, just off out to get some more smack.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2021, 11:05:13 AM »

I'm refusing the vaccine.

I'm not going to risk being stuck in the arm with a host of chemicals which could potentially kill me.

See you later all, just off out to get some more smack.
Make sure you ask for the XL syringe.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2021, 11:08:12 AM »
Your German is wrong too Spam(they’ll kick you out of Nazi School if you’re not careful).
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2021, 01:18:40 PM »
Good for you G. 8((()*/

I'm not really a fan of vacines, but this one's different. My area is taking patients from a nearby big city to ease the pressure there, so if I ended up in hospital too I'd just be adding to the problem. If I can avoid doing that I feel like I should.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2021, 01:26:24 PM »
I'm not really a fan of vacines, but this one's different. My area is taking patients from a nearby big city to ease the pressure there, so if I ended up in hospital too I'd just be adding to the problem. If I can avoid doing that I feel like I should.
How incredibly altruistic of you.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2021, 02:38:19 PM »
How incredibly altruistic of you.

Are you being sarcastic?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2021, 02:54:31 PM »
Are you being sarcastic?
Moi?  Sarcastic?  Heaven Forfend!  What is it about vaccines you are not a fan of, out of interest?  Is it the fact that they prevent vast numbers of people from getting seriously ill that you object to? 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2021, 10:37:26 PM »
Moi?  Sarcastic?  Heaven Forfend!  What is it about vaccines you are not a fan of, out of interest?  Is it the fact that they prevent vast numbers of people from getting seriously ill that you object to?

I'm not keen on putting things inside me without a good reason. It began with the thalidomide affair. I was pregnant at the time and constantly sick, but I didn't go to the doctor about it. Maybe I and my daughter had a lucky escape. Then there's addiction to prescription drugs. It began with Valium and now prescribed opioids are a problem. I don't see any reason to place my trust in drug companies.  As to prevention, a couple of years ago all the flu jabs were useless because the illnesses that winter were caused by a strain which no-one had been vaccinated against.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2021, 10:49:19 PM »
I'm not keen on putting things inside me without a good reason. It began with the thalidomide affair. I was pregnant at the time and constantly sick, but I didn't go to the doctor about it. Maybe I and my daughter had a lucky escape. Then there's addiction to prescription drugs. It began with Valium and now prescribed opioids are a problem. I don't see any reason to place my trust in drug companies.  As to prevention, a couple of years ago all the flu jabs were useless because the illnesses that winter were caused by a strain which no-one had been vaccinated against.
Thalidomide was not a vaccine, neither is valium.  Flu jabs are an effective at reducing serious cases of flu and deaths on a yearly basis, vaccines save an estimated 5 million lives a year. As you don’t trust drug companies and aren’t a fan of vaccines I assume you did not have your children vaccinated?  And as someone who doesn’t trust vaccines to deliver perhaps you could explain why you think having the Covid jab will prevent youmfrom occupying a hospital bed that you’d rather someone else have?  Why not simply refuse to go to hospital where they would only pump you full of more drugs you wouldn’t approve of?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2021, 01:10:32 PM »
Thalidomide was not a vaccine, neither is valium.  Flu jabs are an effective at reducing serious cases of flu and deaths on a yearly basis, vaccines save an estimated 5 million lives a year. As you don’t trust drug companies and aren’t a fan of vaccines I assume you did not have your children vaccinated?  And as someone who doesn’t trust vaccines to deliver perhaps you could explain why you think having the Covid jab will prevent youmfrom occupying a hospital bed that you’d rather someone else have?  Why not simply refuse to go to hospital where they would only pump you full of more drugs you wouldn’t approve of?

They were produced by drug companies. My children were vaccinated as there was no alarm about them in the 1960's. In fact the success of the polio vaccination was encouraging. I'm willing to risk this jab to do my bit. I've had it now and will be protected in a week to ten days. If I do get it it should be mild, I've been told. 
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2021, 09:09:19 PM »

I think that's a bit of thick persons response to pharmacology... Just ignore all the saved lives and improvements in health.. Lol

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2021, 10:34:34 PM »
I think that's a bit of thick persons response to pharmacology... Just ignore all the saved lives and improvements in health.. Lol
Isn’t it odd that someone who is “not keen on putting things inside me without good reason” is quite happy to inhale a toxic cocktail of chemicals numerous times a day known to cause all manner of health problems?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2021, 11:36:50 PM »
Anyone who sees drug producing companies as working hard to help humanity rather than turn a profit is pretty naive imo. GP's, encouraged by these companies, tend to prescribe drugs which don't always help and sometimes actually hurt their patients.
https://www.patrickholford.com/advice/how-gps-are-paid-to-prescribe-ineffective-drugs

I've recently been found to have very high blood pressure and the surprise from healthcare professionals was noticeable when they asked what medicines I was taking and the answer was 'none'. It's quite unusual apparently for someone over 70 to be taking nothing at all.

Result = happy posting.