Author Topic: The Kate McCann Book - Madeleine  (Read 10198 times)

Offline Admin

The Kate McCann Book - Madeleine
« on: March 30, 2013, 08:18:24 AM »
The Kate McCann Book - Madeleine
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 11:47:34 AM by Admin »

Offline goatboy

Re: The Kate McCann Book - Madeleine
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 09:00:57 PM »
What is the general consensus on here about Maddie's disappearance? The Portuguese police suspected the McCanns had drugged their children to make sure they didn't wake up while they were out at the restaurant and Maddie had died of an accidental overdose. Bearing in mind as GPs they would have had no trouble getting hold of the drugs they would have needed. Bear in mind as well to admit to having accidentally killed Maddie this would have meant without question that their medical careers would have been over. Does it not sound feasible that they could have been involved? I don't doubt that if this was the case then they didn't mean to do it hence their sadness about her disappearance is certainly not put on. I'm not 100% decided but I must admit I'm sceptical of the McCann's version of events surrounding the disappearance. I have a problem with the idea of an opportunistic child abduction. For anyone to successfully take Maddie means they must have staked out and observed the family for possibly days to establish the pattern of their usual movements and to be certain that if they went for the abduction there was no possibility of either of the McCanns returning to disturb them. Why go to so much effort just for one stranger's child?

And it does appear at times that they seem more interested in money making than in finding Maddie. However, we don't know for sure if this recent legal activity was instigated by them, the McCanns themselves may have had no involvement in it.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2013, 10:44:46 PM by goatboy »

Offline John

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 01:18:40 AM »
What is the general consensus on here about Maddie's disappearance? The Portuguese police suspected the McCanns had drugged their children to make sure they didn't wake up while they were out at the restaurant and Maddie had died of an accidental overdose. Bearing in mind as GPs they would have had no trouble getting hold of the drugs they would have needed. Bear in mind as well to admit to having accidentally killed Maddie this would have meant without question that their medical careers would have been over. Does it not sound feasible that they could have been involved? I don't doubt that if this was the case then they didn't mean to do it hence their sadness about her disappearance is certainly not put on. I'm not 100% decided but I must admit I'm sceptical of the McCann's version of events surrounding the disappearance. I have a problem with the idea of an opportunistic child abduction. For anyone to successfully take Maddie means they must have staked out and observed the family for possibly days to establish the pattern of their usual movements and to be certain that if they went for the abduction there was no possibility of either of the McCanns returning to disturb them. Why go to so much effort just for one stranger's child?

And it does appear at times that they seem more interested in money making than in finding Maddie. However, we don't know for sure if this recent legal activity was instigated by them, the McCanns themselves may have had no involvement in it.

Another point worth considering, why pick a child with an eye impairment which was so noticeable?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Meadow

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 01:21:43 PM »
The abductor having arriving at the scene of the crime without transport, but carrying is Dyson for cleaning, or mop and bucket, wearing rubber gloves, hair net and protective suit, IV drip x 3\or inhalation anaesthetic  forgot to bring his ophthalmic scope.  There was no evidence it is alleged of either an abductor, or indeed Madeleine's hair or dna

Offline Admin

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 02:41:21 PM »
The abductor having arriving at the scene of the crime without transport, but carrying is Dyson for cleaning, or mop and bucket, wearing rubber gloves, hair net and protective suit, IV drip x 3\or inhalation anaesthetic  forgot to bring his ophthalmic scope.  There was no evidence it is alleged of either an abductor, or indeed Madeleine's hair or dna

Wasn't there evidence of a chap seen walking near the apartment with a sleeping child in his arms.  A chap who has never been traced?

Offline Meadow

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 03:51:06 PM »
tut tut !  We have a choice of two,  the mysterious 'egg man' that morphed many characteristics as sighted by Jane Tanner a member of the same holiday group;  which incidentally was in the road where Mr McC (M's father) stood chatting with JW someone he previously paid tennis with, but they heard or saw nothing, either of abduction or Mrs Tanner, this was around 9.20  Theory being either entrance via the unlocked patio door, thus in the apartment with Mr McC, or had gained entry via the ''jemmied'' shutter, unlocked window, exit could have been either via the front door or back out through the window.  Strange as this side of the apartment was the car park & a more usual mode of abduction rather than on the hoof!  But also blind to the side road where Mr McC stood and the Tapas bar where the ate.

About 9.30 Ms Tanner's partner, then checked their children again, with another holiday member MO who had said he would check the unlocked apartment of the McCanns, he noticed nothing untoward, despite two single beds being unoccupied, but can remember seeing both twins in their high sided travel cots, but M's bed not being in his line of sight was overlooked - other empty bed immediately ahead of him, under the alleged open window & shutter.

Next a sighting of a man carrying a child, was in the opposite direction as seen by the Smith family, this is about 10 pm.  Later Mr Smith after much conscience searching thought he could identify the man, by his gait and method of carrying the child.  That man was named.

I have no opinion to offer, since I had always thought that Madeleine had exited via the front door after waking and trying to find her parents.  It can be noted in JT's rogatory interview, that she had DEADLOCKED the door of their apartment, thus preventing her daughter from exiting,  the two girls being of the same age and not confined to a cot.  I've never been able to establish whether apartment 5A's front door was deadlocked I've always assumed it wasn't.

The only [ censored word ] I can offer is to turn over the details to make some sense of them, merely inquisitive.

But with many years of interest of abductions,  the statistics connected to them, I sadly don't give a slim chance the this child is still alive.  But I suppose, there is always hope.  But can we extend that hope to April Jones as well?

The McCanns and their family paid the ultimate price for leaving these children homealone, it wasn't a chance happening, but something they had done until disaster struck on the forth night and it is with profound sadness that they will have to also live with knowing these children, or a combination of them cried on the Tuesday for over an hour.

Some burden to carry until the end of your days

Offline puglove

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2013, 08:30:11 AM »
Shona, your opinionated and frankly very revealing (of you) post does not deserve a response other than to say, it really does not surprise me.

I appreciate your opinion, gilet. I'll spend as much time as I can today, reading Kate's book. Catch you later.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

stephen25000

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2013, 08:46:09 AM »
Shona, your opinionated and frankly very revealing (of you) post does not deserve a response other than to say, it really does not surprise me.

I appreciate your opinion, gilet. I'll spend as much time as I can today, reading Kate's book. Catch you later.

Ah the book.

Mills and Boon couldn't have done any better, in their fantasy section.

debunker

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2013, 08:48:56 AM »

Ah the book.

IN your obviously biased view.

BRoadbrush condemnation is all very well,but what is specifically wrong with it.

YOu will not answer specifics because that would take time and forensic skills.

HAve you even read the book?

stephen25000

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2013, 09:00:35 AM »

Ah the book.

BRoadbrush condemnation is all very well,but what is specifically wrong with it.

I had the unpleasant experience of reading the book some time ago.

A Mills and Boon special, in every sense.

The book is also biased, as it was 'written' and I use that word advisedly by K. Mccann, hardly neutral, was it ?

debunker

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 09:10:03 AM »

Ah the book.

I had the unpleasant experience of reading the book some time ago.

A Mills and Boon special, in every sense.

The book is also biased, as it was 'written' and I use that word advisedly by K. Mccann, hardly neutral, was it ?

OF course it is not neutral; it is her recollection of the events from her point of view.

IT was written to raise money rather than awareness.

AS was her right.

THe fact that you don't like it is immaterial. Enough people bought it to make it a major best seller at the time.

C.Edwards

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2013, 09:44:38 AM »

OF course it is not neutral; it is her recollection of the events from her point of view.

IT was written to raise money rather than awareness.

AS was her right.

THe fact that you don't like it is immaterial. Enough people bought it to make it a major best seller at the time.

It's also riddled with inaccuracies - or if you were less charitable - lies.

I know that all of these "discrepancies" are excused by McCann supporters as:
a) minor and irrelevant and
b) perfectly understandable after so much time

...but KM herself goes into great depth in her book explaining how much she spent (£100K or so) and how much time she spent going through the police files in microscopic detail. Therefore she should have been accurate to the files. Unless, of course, the initial statements to the police were inaccurate, of course.

She says she was always Kate Healy and only became Kate McCann on May 4th. Except she signed the creche (or someone did) as Kate McCann several times in the holiday (http://www.mccannfiles.com/id351.html) as Kate McCann. Oopsie.

What about "As soon as it was light Gerry and I resumed our search."  Where's that interview again where she admits to not physically searching but working hard or something...?

What about Kate claiming she took the photo of Madeleine and the tennis balls?  Rachel Oldfield says that was taken by Jane Tanner. Discrepancies? What discrepancies, your honour?

Oh and whilst you're harping on about the naughty illegal amaral leaking information in contravention of the secrecy laws (you do, of course, have evidence it was Amaral, right?) what about the McCanns hiring Metodo 3 to work in Portugal on an active investigation?  Illegal.  Does that make them "unconvicted criminals"?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 11:09:31 AM »
@ C.Edwards

And the biggest and most significant whopper of them all, cadaver scent only lasts 30 days !! This after her husband and an office of lawyers, can we ever forget their use of the Zapaa case, researched the subject day and night.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

debunker

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 11:16:31 AM »
@ C.Edwards

And the biggest and most significant whopper of them all, cadaver scent only lasts 30 days !! This after her husband and an office of lawyers, can we ever forget their use of the Zapaa case, researched the subject day and night.

LOok at the literature. You will find that ceramics with a gloss finish lose cadaver scent quite quickly. Absorbent materials willretain the scent for very long periods.

icabodcrane

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 10:39:51 PM »
I'm reading Kate McCann's book at the moment

Am I allowed to quote from it here,  or is that also forbidden  ?