Author Topic: Does Wolters have photographic evidence?  (Read 21393 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Does Wolters have photographic evidence?
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2021, 05:16:57 PM »
I never said that Hitler and the Nazis propaganda was appropriate to the subject of Madeleine McCann. What I was trying to say is that false facts can arise when others consciously or unconsciously use the same tactics that they did; repeating a false fact until people accept it as true.
Your reference to Hitler and Nazi propaganda was wholly inappropriate and OTT imo.  A far more appropriate institution and personage for repeating false facts until people accept them to be true can be found within the original 2007 investigation and the author of the “Truth of the Lie” propaganda pamphlet masquerading as a serious tome.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #181 on: April 30, 2021, 05:19:20 PM »
I thought the van was taken from a scrapyard in Silves?
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/i-bought-campervan-madeleine-mccann-23300766

From your quoted article:

In 2015, Peter W, of Regensburg, southern Germany, paid suspect Christian Brueckner £5,000 for his yellow and white Volkswagen T3 Westfalia campervan in the Algarve, Portugal.
Police seized it from Peter W’s scrapyard and shipped it to Germany for forensic tests.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #182 on: April 30, 2021, 05:31:10 PM »
I stand corrected that it was doctored, Misty.  But it certainly was misrepresented as being like that when Brueckner was driving it around the time of Madeleine's disappearance.

Has he got dreadlocks now?

Offline misty

« Reply #183 on: April 30, 2021, 06:34:26 PM »
From your quoted article:

In 2015, Peter W, of Regensburg, southern Germany, paid suspect Christian Brueckner £5,000 for his yellow and white Volkswagen T3 Westfalia campervan in the Algarve, Portugal.
Police seized it from Peter W’s scrapyard and shipped it to Germany for forensic tests.

https://www.mittelbayerische.de/region/regensburg-stadt-nachrichten/fall-maddie-spur-fuehrt-zu-autowerkstatt-21179-art1970402.html
REGENSBURG. In the case of Maddie McCann, who disappeared on Praia da Luz in Portugal in 2007 and made headlines around the world, a Regensburg resident may hold the key to clarifying the case. The emigrant Peter W. (name changed) involuntarily came into the focus of investigators from Great Britain and Germany. That is why his car plays a key role.
 (Rest of article behind a paywall)
Credit to Sharkbite on Websleuths.

Reading between the lines, I think the Westfalia was kept, on & off, at Piro's scrapyard for a number of years. The reported change of ownership in 2015 seems to coincide with the son's departure to pastures new.

Offline barrier

« Reply #184 on: April 30, 2021, 06:38:03 PM »
Why did Brueckner tell his girlfriend he had a horrible job to do the next day,  the next day being May 3rd,  why did he tell her she wouldn't see him for a while.   As it turned out he left Portugal not long after Madeleine went missing.

Its not been tested in a court of law, so him supposedly saying this, that and the other is just tittle tattle which it seems Wolters fell for hook line and sinker.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline misty

« Reply #185 on: April 30, 2021, 06:41:02 PM »
I stand corrected that it was doctored, Misty.  But it certainly was misrepresented as being like that when Brueckner was driving it around the time of Madeleine's disappearance.

Yes, Amaral did try to misrepresent the appearance of the vehicle in May 2007. It was fortunate for German investigators that the group Brueckner drove to Spain videoed some of the experience, clearly showing both the Westfalia & Brueckner as they were in March/April 2007.
Amaral did admit that the image of Brueckner with dreadlocks was "robot".

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #186 on: April 30, 2021, 06:56:08 PM »
Yes, Amaral did try to misrepresent the appearance of the vehicle in May 2007. It was fortunate for German investigators that the group Brueckner drove to Spain videoed some of the experience, clearly showing both the Westfalia & Brueckner as they were in March/April 2007.
I don’t think nearly enough has been made of Amaral’s deliberate sttempt to mislead about the German investigation.  Surely his actions were beneath contempt but we hear no words of condemnation from the sceptics on here.  Why not?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #187 on: April 30, 2021, 07:00:48 PM »

It is possible to come up with a few suppositions to explain Amaral's extraordinary behaviour and deliberate wrecking attempt at this critical time in Madeleine's investigation.

I think he has flagged up a lot of questions about himself and who knows whether or not the time might come when he is required to answer them.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #188 on: April 30, 2021, 07:01:26 PM »
I don’t think nearly enough has been made of Amaral’s deliberate sttempt to mislead about the German investigation.  Surely his actions were beneath contempt but we hear no words of condemnation from the sceptics on here.  Why not?

You personally know which path the German investigation is taking?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #189 on: April 30, 2021, 07:01:40 PM »

What is Portugal doing about it is what I want to know.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #190 on: April 30, 2021, 07:05:48 PM »

You personally know which path the German investigation is taking?
WTF has that got to do with Amaral posting misleading information about Bruckner’s van and appearance?  But, guess what?  I (along with the rest of the world) know that the Germans (sorry, I mean German’s just so you understand who I’m referring to) are investigating Brückner over Madeleine’s disappearance.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #191 on: April 30, 2021, 07:10:54 PM »

Couldn't agree more.

He was the whistle blower who alerted anyone who might have had an association with Brueckner of official police interest in him.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #192 on: April 30, 2021, 07:13:35 PM »

Isn't it against the law in Portugal to interfere with the course of justice?

Sorry, silly question.  Probably not.  At least not for Amaral.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #193 on: April 30, 2021, 07:16:00 PM »
What is Portugal doing about it is what I want to know.

I doubt they will ever do anything about him.  I think the question is will anyone else ~ bearing in mind there is more than one way to skin a rat.

Offline misty

« Reply #194 on: April 30, 2021, 07:16:25 PM »
It is possible to come up with a few suppositions to explain Amaral's extraordinary behaviour and deliberate wrecking attempt at this critical time in Madeleine's investigation.

I think he has flagged up a lot of questions about himself and who knows whether or not the time might come when he is required to answer them.

IMO he never anticipated that any other police force would uncover solid evidence against another person which would exonerate the parents.
The question I'd really like answered is why a cop, mired in debt, thought it would be a really good move to give up a steady job with regular income to release a book about an unsolved case.