Author Topic: Does Wolters have photographic evidence?  (Read 20767 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Does Wolters have photographic evidence?
« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2021, 07:17:59 PM »
IMO he never anticipated that any other police force would uncover solid evidence against another person which would exonerate the parents.
The question I'd really like answered is why a cop, mired in debt, thought it would be a really good move to give up a steady job with regular income to release a book about an unsolved case.
I think because he knew (or was persuaded by his publisher) thst it would make him very rich.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2021, 07:19:02 PM »
IMO he never anticipated that any other police force would uncover solid evidence against another person which would exonerate the parents.
The question I'd really like answered is why a cop, mired in debt, thought it would be a really good move to give up a steady job with regular income to release a book about an unsolved case.

This was in Portugal where anything goes, apparently.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2021, 07:22:13 PM »

I think it's time the police dropped their investigation into Christian Brueckner & started investigating Islamic Brueckner instead.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline misty

« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2021, 07:24:00 PM »
I think because he knew (or was persuaded by his publisher) thst it would make him very rich.

I'm at a loss to understand why the publisher didn't realise the book was libellous & refuse to print it in its current form.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #199 on: April 30, 2021, 07:30:51 PM »
I'm at a loss to understand why the publisher didn't realise the book was libellous & refuse to print it in its current form.
Being Portuguese they probably gambled on the likelihood  that the legal system would be heavily biased in their favour.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline misty

« Reply #200 on: April 30, 2021, 07:35:22 PM »
This was in Portugal where anything goes, apparently.

It certainly does, if Operation Marques is anything to go by (Corruption case involving Jose Socrates)
https://www.portugalresident.com/hundreds-of-motorists-honk-horns-in-disgust-in-lisbon-and-viseu-as-petition-to-oust-marques-judge-hits-170000-signatures/

Anyway, back to the photographic evidence. I agree with Anthro that, whatever was unearthed at the derelict Neuwegersleben box factory eventually provided BKA with a solid link to CB's involvement in Madeleine's case. As they didn't find a body or Madeleine's pyjamas, it's logical to presume there must have been images of some description on the buried USB sticks/camera cards.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #201 on: April 30, 2021, 07:39:51 PM »

I believe he totally underestimated the McCanns and their tenacity for finding their daughter.  And I can see where he was coming from with that because I think they achieved the impossible.

Amaral had never written a book before.  He had no idea it was going to be a best seller and worth leaving a steady job for.  He could not foresee the new media career ahead and chat show darling he was to become.

All in all quite a risk to take when one has a family to support.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #202 on: April 30, 2021, 07:40:46 PM »
Isn't it against the law in Portugal to interfere with the course of justice?

Sorry, silly question.  Probably not.  At least not for Amaral.

I wish Derek Chauvin had interviewed the McCanns.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #203 on: April 30, 2021, 07:42:37 PM »
I believe he totally underestimated the McCanns and their tenacity for finding their daughter.  And I can see where he was coming from with that because I think they achieved the impossible.

Amaral had never written a book before.  He had no idea it was going to be a best seller and worth leaving a steady job for.  He could not foresee the new media career ahead and chat show darling he was to become.

All in all quite a risk to take when one has a family to support.

But he wasn't actually supporting them was he?.  His wife did that, apparently.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #204 on: April 30, 2021, 07:45:48 PM »

Wasn't the publisher Spanish?
Perhaps the nuances in Portuguese were missed?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Anthro

« Reply #205 on: April 30, 2021, 07:52:56 PM »

https://www.mittelbayerische.de/region/regensburg-stadt-nachrichten/fall-maddie-spur-fuehrt-zu-autowerkstatt-21179-art1970402.html
REGENSBURG. In the case of Maddie McCann, who disappeared on Praia da Luz in Portugal in 2007 and made headlines around the world, a Regensburg resident may hold the key to clarifying the case. The emigrant Peter W. (name changed) involuntarily came into the focus of investigators from Great Britain and Germany. That is why his car plays a key role.
 (Rest of article behind a paywall)
Credit to Sharkbite on Websleuths.

Reading between the lines, I think the Westfalia was kept, on & off, at Piro's scrapyard for a number of years. The reported change of ownership in 2015 seems to coincide with the son's departure to pastures new.
I find this very interesting, Misty. Flavio Piro could be a key witness in all of this. My opinion. B Piro seems to have been very kind to Brückner in the past.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-suspect-spent-8-22225289

Offline Carana

« Reply #206 on: May 01, 2021, 08:10:05 AM »

His pal Cristovão did.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2021, 05:42:10 AM by Carana »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #207 on: May 01, 2021, 09:00:46 AM »

It remains to be seen whether any police force has evidence to convict another and exonerate the McCanns. Amaral explains why he retired from the PJ and wrote his book in the book's foreword. Some may disagree, but calling him a liar about his motives would, of course be libellous.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Carana

« Reply #208 on: May 01, 2021, 09:12:48 AM »
It remains to be seen whether any police force has evidence to convict another and exonerate the McCanns. Amaral explains why he retired from the PJ and wrote his book in the book's foreword. Some may disagree, but calling him a liar about his motives would, of course be libellous.

Erm, which was to regain his freedom of expression... lol

TOTL:
"Certainly, this book responds to the need I felt to defend myself, having been discredited by the institution for which I worked for more than twenty-six years, without being given any chance to explain myself, publicly or within the institution itself. I made the request several times, but it was never heard. I, therefore, scrupulously respected the rules of the judiciary police and I refrained from making any comment. But this goes without saying: I experienced that silence to which I was constrained as an attack on my dignity. Later, I was removed from the investigation. It was then that I understood that it was time to speak. To do that, I requested early retirement in order to be able to express myself freely.

I could pick up on a few details in that paragraph.
"I, therefore, scrupulously respected the rules of the judiciary police and I refrained from making any comment."

Seriously?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #209 on: May 01, 2021, 09:17:33 AM »
Erm, which was to regain his freedom of expression... lol

TOTL:
"Certainly, this book responds to the need I felt to defend myself, having been discredited by the institution for which I worked for more than twenty-six years, without being given any chance to explain myself, publicly or within the institution itself. I made the request several times, but it was never heard. I, therefore, scrupulously respected the rules of the judiciary police and I refrained from making any comment. But this goes without saying: I experienced that silence to which I was constrained as an attack on my dignity. Later, I was removed from the investigation. It was then that I understood that it was time to speak. To do that, I requested early retirement in order to be able to express myself freely.

I could pick up on a few details in that paragraph.
"I, therefore, scrupulously respected the rules of the judiciary police and I refrained from making any comment."

Seriously?

As far as I know no public comment was made by Amaral until after his retirement.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0