Author Topic: Does Wolters have photographic evidence?  (Read 21051 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Does Wolters have photographic evidence?
« Reply #375 on: May 04, 2021, 07:59:20 AM »

I think that Rebello's idea of a reconstruction was an attempt at a face saving exercise.  After all, it should have been done when The McCanns first requested one.

Offline Carana

« Reply #376 on: May 04, 2021, 09:07:15 AM »
There are those of you who pour scorn on a certain former PJ officer, his theory is yet to be proven wrong.

At some point in the distant past, there was a (very short) thread on what he seemed to have got right. It would have been even shorter if the usual interpersonal slanging matches had been removed.

Offline Carana

« Reply #377 on: May 04, 2021, 10:04:49 AM »
Since Mr Wolters is saying that there are parallels between the cases of Diana Menkes, Hazel Behan and Madeleine, I’m wondering if it could be the machete knife (?)

There could indeed be a physical element linking  - or attempting to link - several offences. However, unless there is visual evidence of what a / the knife actually was or may have been, descriptions may not match.

However, there could also be other elements of interest, potentially linking cases. However, in cases that I've followed or read a lot about, including police practice, there's a fine line to be drawn between how much information should be divulged (e.g., general media updates); general info sought from the public (release of CCTV images, etc., of "persons of interest"); gradually narrowing down to more specific potentially case-related info.

If too much info is released at the wrong time, the defence would have its work handed to it on a platter. If the cops zoom in too quickly on a potential suspect - and who was innocent - that person's reputation could be forever in shatters.

For an innocent person, winning a civil lawsuit and a media apology on page 256 won't stop people staring and doubting for a very long time.

A fine line to tread.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #378 on: May 04, 2021, 10:29:41 AM »

I'm surprised that Brueckner didn't actually kill the American woman that he beat and raped.  He is obviously a sadist.  And it's a fine line.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #379 on: May 04, 2021, 10:56:26 AM »
I'm surprised that Brueckner didn't actually kill the American woman that he beat and raped.  He is obviously a sadist.  And it's a fine line.
s

Maybe he just hadn't crossed that final line at that stage.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #380 on: May 04, 2021, 11:04:54 AM »
There could indeed be a physical element linking  - or attempting to link - several offences. However, unless there is visual evidence of what a / the knife actually was or may have been, descriptions may not match.

However, there could also be other elements of interest, potentially linking cases. However, in cases that I've followed or read a lot about, including police practice, there's a fine line to be drawn between how much information should be divulged (e.g., general media updates); general info sought from the public (release of CCTV images, etc., of "persons of interest"); gradually narrowing down to more specific potentially case-related info.

If too much info is released at the wrong time, the defence would have its work handed to it on a platter. If the cops zoom in too quickly on a potential suspect - and who was innocent - that person's reputation could be forever in shatters.

For an innocent person, winning a civil lawsuit and a media apology on page 256 won't stop people staring and doubting for a very long time.

A fine line to tread.

I have never understood the pressure put on the police and the demands to know everything which is going on in Madelaine's investigation.  Logic dictates it can only be prejudicial.

Similarly I think it is a blot on us as a nation, that our police have to regularly go cap in hand for funding to keep the investigation going while the Germans give the the assurance that does not apply to them.  For as long as they have leads to follow the money will be forthcoming without the necessity for a begging bowl.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

« Reply #381 on: May 04, 2021, 11:15:28 AM »
s

Maybe he just hadn't crossed that final line at that stage.

He enjoyed tormenting and torturing.  It was always likely that he would go further one day.

If not yet then best he is stopped now.

From what we have so far, he will be locked up until he is at least 50 years of age.  Not long enough, obviously.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #382 on: May 04, 2021, 11:18:15 AM »
I have never understood the pressure put on the police and the demands to know everything which is going on in Madelaine's investigation.  Logic dictates it can only be prejudicial.

Similarly I think it is a blot on us as a nation, that our police have to regularly go cap in hand for funding to keep the investigation going while the Germans give the the assurance that does not apply to them.  For as long as they have leads to follow the money will be forthcoming without the necessity for a begging bowl.

It's okay.  It will all go on for a bit longer yet.  This is one that Britain can't afford to give up on.

Offline Carana

« Reply #383 on: May 04, 2021, 11:23:03 AM »

Way back in the day, the PJ website only announced arrests / convictions. The "justice operates in silence" mantra.
Officially, yet, as a journalist of one of the major media outlets at the time noted: if it weren't for media leaks from the PJ, there were be no crime journalism.

I'd put "journalism" in quotes, as they relied on whatever the PJ chose to say (off record) OR.

OR sessions occur elsewhere (including in the UK), but as part of a strategy. Accredited journos are informed of a few details (hence giving them time to prepare scoops / background articles) on the proviso that they shut up until the green light is given.

If respected, I find that to be fair.

What I don't find to be fair, is a constant "leak" of "info" from dubious sources aimed - not at gaining verifiable info from the public, nor at informing the public - but at amplifying the 'glorificating'  image of the authorities involved.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2021, 11:37:18 AM by Carana »

Offline Carana

« Reply #384 on: May 04, 2021, 11:49:45 AM »

IMO, Not in PT. I can sort of understand the issues: people could be in pre-trail detention for many years, without any obvious signs of the PJ actually doing anything more to investigate further.

Laws were updated to put a little legal 'explosive" under their bums for them to further put up or shut up.

I find the idea good, but it severely limited the time for investigations to come to a conclusion.

I have no problem with the idea in principle, but I wonder if whoever was involved in passing these laws had consulted with the various law enforcement agencies.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #385 on: May 04, 2021, 11:55:38 AM »
Way back in the day, the PJ website only announced arrests / convictions. The "justice operates in silence" mantra.
Officially, yet, as a journalist of one of the major media outlets at the time noted: if it weren't for medial leaks from the PJ, there were be no crime journalism.

I'd put "journalism" in quotes, as they relied on whatever the PJ chose to say (off record) OR.

OR sessions occur elsewhere (including in the UK), but as part of a strategy. Accredited journos are informed of a few details (hence giving them time to prepare scoops / background articles) on the proviso that they shut up until the green light is given.

If respected, I find that to be fair.

What I don't find to be fair, is a constant "leak" of "info" from dubious sources aimed - not at gaining verifiable info from the public, nor at informing the public - but at amplifying the 'glorificating'  image of the authorities involved.

Sadly, The PJ weren't very good at solving crimes of this nature when a good beating would do.  But they were still coming out of the dark ages of Salazar.

Most of the senior members of The PJ grew up during that era, including Amaral.  But there was no possibility of Kate McCann falling down any Police Station Stairs, so they resorted to Leaks which were many and copious.

As it happens, I know a bit more than most about what went on.  And I saw some of it, although my husband knew more than I did.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #386 on: May 04, 2021, 12:00:36 PM »

The demands on the PJ to share details of their investigation with the McCanns and the media were unprecedented imo.

Operation Grange is funded by the Home Office because they decided it was unfair to expect London residents to meet the cost of an investigation into a crime outside of the jurisdiction of the Metropolitan Police. There is no need for begging as I understand it. The investigation will continue as long as the Met think there are actions they can take.

I don't know how police funding is arranged in Germany, but I know it's the Federal Police who are carrying out investigations into Brueckner. We don't have a National Police Force.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #387 on: May 04, 2021, 12:14:08 PM »
The demands on the PJ to share details of their investigation with the McCanns and the media were unprecedented imo.

Operation Grange is funded by the Home Office because they decided it was unfair to expect London residents to meet the cost of an investigation into a crime outside of the jurisdiction of the Metropolitan Police. There is no need for begging as I understand it. The investigation will continue as long as the Met think there are actions they can take.

I don't know how police funding is arranged in Germany, but I know it's the Federal Police who are carrying out investigations into Brueckner. We don't have a National Police Force.

Britain doesn't need a National Police Force.  And how much would that cost anyway?

Madeleine is a British Citizen lost abroad.  Her passport is supposed to protect her.  Or at least find out what happened to her.

That is The End.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #388 on: May 04, 2021, 12:46:24 PM »

To which "demands" do you refer. 

Pre or post the Portuguese shutting down Madeleine's investigation a few months after her disappearance. 

Or the information arriving in Portugal post the archival of Madeleine's investigation in 2008 which Ricardo Paiva secreted assiduously into files marked "not relevant" despite the awful truth that when a Portuguese judge ruled they should be given to the McCanns in 2010 it was discovered some might have been very relevant indeed.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #389 on: May 04, 2021, 12:53:49 PM »
Britain doesn't need a National Police Force.  And how much would that cost anyway?

Madeleine is a British Citizen lost abroad.  Her passport is supposed to protect her.  Or at least find out what happened to her.

That is The End.

But she's never paid a penny in taxes, instead she has cost the state millions.

Nope, I'm sorry, I think the amount spent on missing British citizens should depend on how much each particular citizen has paid in taxes.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.