Author Topic: maddie will be 18 this year  (Read 20698 times)

Offline carlymichelle

Re: maddie will be 18 this year
« Reply #345 on: May 14, 2021, 08:18:34 AM »
I've no doubt Carly has had her fair share of comments about being disabled.

Incidentally, my friends son has cerebral palsy, he's 25 & is totally crippled & rides around in an electric wheelchair.

We call him Ironside, or Professor Stephen Hawkins, much to the horror of other people, but he himself doesn't actually mind at all & enjoys the banter we have with him. He say's it makes him feel normal.

yes sometimes    from  sources you wouldnt believe someone on here among us even   but my   real life family and  friends treat me  as normal which i love  too

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #346 on: May 14, 2021, 08:21:57 AM »
IMO, anyone who thinks it is their right to be deliberately offensive and upsetting towards the families of children r to who have died or to ridicule those children has some serious mental health issues for which they should seek help.   Is it OK for me to voice this opinion I wonder?

We don't know the full extent of the mans comment, and far as I can tell he didn't direct his comment to the boys family. But we won't know because someone else decided it's too offensive to be repeated by anyone.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #347 on: May 14, 2021, 08:42:46 AM »
We don't know the full extent of the mans comment, and far as I can tell he didn't direct his comment to the boys family. But we won't know because someone else decided it's too offensive to be repeated by anyone.

the thing is some people would like  the internet  censored  a  bit like  china  does but in the western world the internet has  barley any  laws people rightly are  allowed  to have opinons and some people dont like   that but thats their   issue  no one elses the mcanns brought maddie into the public domain  and the world is  allowed  to talk about her and  what may have happned   to her not  everybody thinks the mcanns    did anything to maddie  except the  neglect of her  3 year old self and her baby twin siblings

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #348 on: May 14, 2021, 08:49:40 AM »
yes sometimes    from  sources you wouldnt believe someone on here among us even   but my   real life family and  friends treat me  as normal which i love  too

You may have some physical challenges, Carly, but you clearly don't let them affect who you are, and it's who you are that your family and friends appreciate imo.  Anything else is immaterial to me and using your situation to make a point in a discussion is not acceptable imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #349 on: May 14, 2021, 08:55:51 AM »
the thing is some people would like  the internet  censored  a  bit like  china  does but in the western world the internet has  barley any  laws people rightly are  allowed  to have opinons and some people dont like   that but thats their   issue  no one elses the mcanns brought maddie into the public domain  and the world is  allowed  to talk about her and  what may have happned   to her not  everybody thinks the mcanns    did anything to maddie  except the  neglect of her  3 year old self and her baby twin siblings

Exactly the argument which was made by the Portuguese courts, in fact;

"Since the disappearance of the child, up to this date, the appellants have publicised their opinion on the facts, though these are still unknown today.

As well as the appellants, every citizen has the right to have an opinion on the facts and to publicize it."
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7937.msg383241#msg383241
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #350 on: May 14, 2021, 09:11:05 AM »
You may have some physical challenges, Carly, but you clearly don't let them affect who you are, and it's who you are that your family and friends appreciate imo.  Anything else is immaterial to me and using your situation to make a point in a discussion is not acceptable imo.
I raised them because Carly appeared to approve the right to anyone voicing an opinion or making sick jokes about dead children. 
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 09:56:01 AM by G-Unit »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #351 on: May 14, 2021, 09:13:29 AM »
So your problem is with the Daily Express for not repeating the joke?  Do you think the paper has a duty to report unexpurgated all the filth and obsenities on the internet so that you can decide whether or not you find it offensive?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #352 on: May 14, 2021, 09:15:50 AM »
So you have no problem with others who choose to  ridicule dead children and make a mockery of their deaths online?  Just so we're clear - that is what you appear to be defending here today.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #353 on: May 14, 2021, 09:30:04 AM »
So your problem is with the Daily Express for not repeating the joke?  Do you think the paper has a duty to report unexpurgated all the filth and obsenities on the internet so that you can decide whether or not you find it offensive?

I think it's my choice & nobody else's to decide what I should find offensive.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #354 on: May 14, 2021, 10:05:39 AM »
So you have no problem with others who choose to  ridicule dead children and make a mockery of their deaths online?  Just so we're clear - that is what you appear to be defending here today.

Defending the rights of others to express their opinions is not the same as approving of those opinions. You appear to have a problem understanding that distinction imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #355 on: May 14, 2021, 10:25:33 AM »
Defending the rights of others to express their opinions is not the same as approving of those opinions. You appear to have a problem understanding that distinction imo.

I think you and other  sceptics have a problem understanding that free speech has limits... Enshrined in law

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #356 on: May 14, 2021, 10:49:35 AM »
I think you and other  sceptics have a problem understanding that free speech has limits... Enshrined in law

Exactly. The law decides, not random posters on an internet forum. I get the impression that some people (particularly McCann supporters) have a problem understanding that they are not the judges of what should and should not be said.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #357 on: May 14, 2021, 10:51:49 AM »
Exactly. The law decides, not random posters on an internet forum. I get the impression that some people (particularly McCann supporters) have a problem understanding that they are not the judges of what should and should not be said.

Posters have the right to express their opinion within the law... That included posters who find posts offensive.
You should defend the right of posters to do that

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #358 on: May 14, 2021, 10:53:32 AM »

Free speech includes the right to offend.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9066069/Woke-folk-beware-Freedom-speech-includes-right-offend-say-judges-landmark-ruling.html

I can't be sure if I'd condemn Mr Povey's comment about the boy struck by lightning, because I don't know what he actually said, perhaps I would find his comment 'appalling & offensive' but I have no way of really knowing as the decision that it was offensive seems to have already been made for me.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #359 on: May 14, 2021, 11:00:57 AM »
You must visit some strange places in that case.

“... you (obviously) have very esoteric (and obscure) viewing habits”.

Do you remember this statement re. my reference to Sexta9? C’est tout dire! In my opinion.